DDI Review?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: DDI Review?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

DDI Review?

Anyone here have a DDI? If so, how do you like it? Was it worth saving the money versus say an Arsenal? Thanks!
    "Our cause is just; being with one mind resolved to die freemen rather than to live slaves." - Thomas Jefferson
    "Training should be like a bloodless battle, so that battle is like bloody training." - TigerSwan

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8843 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leadpersuasion View Post
    Was it worth saving the money versus say an Arsenal? Thanks!
    Thats laughable.

Arsenal is a factory built rifle while the DDI is a US made rifle which may or may not be 100% US made. Like a box of chocolates and all.

Welcome to the forum and there are some threads here on the DDI rifles. But in no way would I ever choose a DDI over a arsenal.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 22many View Post
    Thats laughable.

Arsenal is a factory built rifle while the DDI is a US made rifle which may or may not be 100% US made. Like a box of chocolates and all.

Welcome to the forum and there are some threads here on the DDI rifles. But in no way would I ever choose a DDI over a arsenal.
    This is not exactly true, as of now they are parts kit builds, in July they will have a 100% made ak. From what I have seen from some of the arsenals, I would only buy one if I could inspect it first. They are good rifles but there are a lot of other options out there. I don't see the slr107 doing anything my new wasr wont do. I am not a fan of the left siding folding stocks, which is one of the "selling points" of the slr. I have heard great things about ddi and their customer service is really good.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    But in no way would I ever choose a DDI over a arsenal.

I did 6 weeks ago lol.

I like my DDI a lot, i like my 2014 WASR also. But now i think im going to buy a parts kit.

Member #
    Liked
    845 times
    The AK Operator's Union has several vids on youtube that show their testing of DDI's rifles.

Good place to start.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8843 times
    Quote Originally Posted by awdxtc View Post
    This is not exactly true, as of now they are parts kit builds, in July they will have a 100% made ak. From what I have seen from some of the arsenals, I would only buy one if I could inspect it first. They are good rifles but there are a lot of other options out there. I don't see the slr107 doing anything my new wasr wont do. I am not a fan of the left siding folding stocks, which is one of the "selling points" of the slr. I have heard great things about ddi and their customer service is really good.
    Thats just the thing, you don't know what your getting. They entered the market with building surplus kits and then switched to "all US made" parts kits. Then come to find out they were only 80% US made by their own admission. So, now they will be 100% US made in the future according to the owner in the most recent video. So, like I said, box of chocolates...you don't know what your getting.

As far as arsenal, it's hard to deny they are a factory built rifle. True, they don't do anything better than a WASR but the WASR doesn't do anything better than a DDI either. Just the fact they are also a factory built rifle over the DDI also gives them the edge IMO. But, it all comes down to personal preference. Arsenal, WASR, DDI, no rifle should be bought without inspecting it first.
    Leviathan likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I sent 200 rds. down range with my DDI just this morning. I adjusted and sighted in the irons at 25 meters, I then took her to the 150 yd. range and reeked havoc on an AR500 silhouette. I have the DDIAK47SFMM. I love this rifle so far, from fit and finish to the accuracy I am impressed.
    An RS regulate side mount are in the very near future.

Box of chocolate...Drooool...

My rifle: http://www.ddiarms.com/pages/ddiak47sfmm
    Last edited by KOTOC-79; 04-09-2016 at 04:00 PM.
    22many, Christopher67 and Cranach like this.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    When did they claim they were using 100% us made parts kits?
    KOTOC-79 likes this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8843 times
    If I recall it was about 6 months ago. Then come to find out it was about 80% US.

Either way, I will say that DDI is a lot better company than century and RTI so it looks like they are off to a good start for a US made ak.
    Leviathan and Christopher67 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Me shooting a shaken soda off the top of a 2x4 with my DDI this morning.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4f...p=docslist_api

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8843 times
    Nice! How do you like the stock?

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Nice! How do you like the stock?
    I like it alot, it's solid. However I had to order a rifle dynamics M4 adapter(I will be using a Noveske QD end plate for my single point sling) so that I can place an adjustable butt stock on the rifle. My wife has a very small frame
    and shooting the ak with the non-adjustable MOE stock does not work for her. I already have a black BCM Gun fighter Mod 0 & an Anderson Milspec buffer tube that I will be installing once the adapter arrives.
    Last edited by KOTOC-79; 04-11-2016 at 05:27 AM.
    22many likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KOTOC-79 View Post
    I like it alot, it's solid. However I had to order a rifle dynamics M4 adapter(I will be using a Noveske QD end plate for my single point sling) so that I can place an adjustable butt stock on the rifle. My wife has a very small frame
    and shooting the ak with the non-adjustable MOE stock does not work for her. I already have a black BCM Gun fighter Mod 0 & an Anderson Milspec buffer tube that I will be installing once the adapter arrives.
    I hear theres been some issues with the Rifle Dynamics adapter, screws shearing off. The AK Files Forums - View Single Post - Canis AR stock adapter

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    At the beginning of this video Mr.Fillers talks about when the 1st DDI 100% made AK will be available.

22many likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher67 View Post
    I hear theres been some issues with the Rifle Dynamics adapter, screws shearing off. The AK Files Forums - View Single Post - Canis AR stock adapter

Damnit! Wish I would have seen these reviews earlier. I saw a few good reviews and pulled the trigger. The Rifle dynamics adapter arrives in the mail today. :/

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsors