New Century AKs: RAS47 & C39v2
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: New Century AKs: RAS47 & C39v2

Member #
    Liked
    93 times

New Century AKs: RAS47 & C39v2

Interesting video of the stamped RAS47 and C39V2 milled done in nitride with all US made parts. Barrel is nitride inside and out, bore concentric, so suppressor can be use, uses standard AKM furniture and has Red Army standard FCG. I want to see what price point and quality these end up being.

Last edited by ezveedub; 10-08-2014 at 04:23 PM. Reason: info

Member #
    Liked
    667 times
    I don't know if I will go as far as buying one of these, but I definitely like the improvements done on the C39. I would like to get a milled AK sometime in the future, but I may save my pennies for a SAM-7 variant instead of paying a lower price on one of those new C39's.

Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    I might consider the C39v2, as I would love to try my suppressor on it for the hell of it, lol

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    I shared this with some of my friends earlier. I'll wait for some initial reports once they hit the shelves but if they really are quality and 100% US made, they could be a game changer, as they say.

If they're reliable, I'll likely pick up one or two to play around with. The stock compatibility on the milled version is a cool feature and though I lean towards tradition, it would be nice to have one to throw a bunch of tacticool stuff on without somebody posting a 'NYET! RIFLE IS FINE' meme.

Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    Quote Originally Posted by formula73 View Post
    I shared this with some of my friends earlier. I'll wait for some initial reports once they hit the shelves but if they really are quality and 100% US made, they could be a game changer, as they say.

If they're reliable, I'll likely pick up one or two to play around with. The stock compatibility on the milled version is a cool feature and though I lean towards tradition, it would be nice to have one to throw a bunch of tacticool stuff on without somebody posting a 'NYET! RIFLE IS FINE' meme.
    That's exactly my thoughts as well. Load it up with modern tactical stuff

Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Why not?

Member #
    Liked
    511 times
    I dont understand the attraction of an all American made AK, and why on earth would they make the barrel parts like that without the cleaning rod lugs and the bayonet lug, makes it look like a ban style Mak-90. Sorry for sounding so negative but thats just the way it shakes out to me, why these are popular is beyond me.
    Katana likes this.
    "I was rather hostile to a reduced calibre being used by us. Even now, I am still convinced that the 7.62 is the best" M. Kalashnikov

Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega7.62 View Post
    I dont understand the attraction of an all American made AK, and why on earth would they make the barrel parts like that without the cleaning rod lugs and the bayonet lug, makes it look like a ban style Mak-90. Sorry for sounding so negative but thats just the way it shakes out to me, why these are popular is beyond me.
    Maybe it's because some want a different offering than the same old bayonet lug and a cleaning rod no one uses. I could also say who would want any foreign AK with a US barrel and US receiver, but people still buy them.
    formula73 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    ...and 'rifle is fine' strikes again.

Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    why on earth would they make the barrel parts like that without the cleaning rod lugs and the bayonet lug, makes it look like a ban style Mak-90.
    This is my thing. If you are going to the trouble to copy the part, why not copy it completly. It seems like a lot of trouble just to "half ass " it as my grandfather used to say. I don't really care about the beyonet lug, but it would be nice to have the cleaning rod in place so it looks complete. They just don't look right without the cleaning rod to me.

I do like that there is an alternative American made AK. I don't know if i will buy one just yet, but I would like to see an All American Quality AK.

Always good to have options.
    Katana likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    383 times
    Count me in the "needs a bayonet lug and cleaning rod" camp. If you're going to make an American AK, why the hell wouldn't you copy the gas block and FSB completely? I mean, how hard would it be to cast both a gas block without a lug (for ban states), & one with?

Having it gives the customer an easy option. If I don't want them, I can easily remove them. But if I do want them, now it's a matter of pressing the GB and FSB off, finding the correct pattern foreign ones, & pressing them back on, & drilling a hole in the lower handguard retainer for a cleaning rod. For an all American made rifle that can ignore 922r completely, this makes no sense.

I will say though, I do appreciate the fact that the milled receiver now uses standard ak sights and can take furniture designed for stamped receivers.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I know what you mean, but one thing that makes it attractive is that I know that no matter how much Obama and his ilk try to continue their proxy war on US gun owners with embargoes on Putin, this will remain available.... at least until the IRS audits century arms. ..

Member #
    Liked
    7692 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Katana View Post
    Count me in the "needs a bayonet lug and cleaning rod" camp. If you're going to make an American AK, why the hell wouldn't you copy the gas block and FSB completely? .
    CHEAPER! Shave off a little bit of work here and there and make more money on it. This is what frustrates me about Century. Because if they cut corners here where else are they doing it.
    PBR Streetgang and Katana like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Bayonets haven't been effective in battle since the Civil War
    Inspector 12 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eye8zombies View Post
    Bayonets haven't been effective in battle since the Civil War
    A lot of people have met their demise at the end of cold steel. I think you meant "not a weapon I prefer to use in battle."
    Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors