Your response to the Anti's
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Your response to the Anti's

We've all had to listen to some idiot try to argue pro gun control, but id like to hear what some of you throw back at them,, so lets hear your storys.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i dont argue with anti-gun people becuase it goes a lot deeper than just gun control.. they are trying to shape society as a whole

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i'm pretty rusty, my wife and our friend were bagging on me for carrying and said "well you just have to mace em/punch with your keys and run". i drew a blank.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    im gonna hit the hay, and check out the responses tommorow.

Edited.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Usually what they say is so off the wall and stupid that they get the "what are you, some kind of retard?" stare from me.

I was having dinner with my sister tonight and I overheard someone say "you know, you don't need an AK-47 to hunt ducks with"...

Geez, even the brand name anti-gunners are at least smart enough to use "deer" in that sentence… not ducks.

Sometimes if they have zero experience with firearms, I'll just tell them that they need to go take some classes at the range, or with an instructor, then form their own opinions. This actually seems to work better than insulting them.

But, Like the previous poster said, it’s not about guns, it’s about control.
    "Life is short, but the years are long." - Robert A. Heinlein

WTB: Type 1 buttstock

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    192 times
    "So what are you going to do in the 10 minutes bewteen your frantic phone call to the police and their arrival, other than get raped or murdered because you are defenseless?"
    "I pledge allegiance to the ideal left us by men wiser than I, having the forethought to gift their children with the power of being free."

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg180
    "So what are you going to do in the 10 minutes bewteen your frantic phone call to the police and their arrival, other than get raped or murdered because you are defenseless?"
    thats it, also using the whole, "its like a condom, i'd rather have one and not use it, than need it and not have one"
    Ol'Sarge2K - PEQ-2 (Awesome.... I like to use the triangle laser shape, cause it makes me feel like the Predator.)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    There isn't much point in arguing because we speak different languages. The anti-gun argument is not based in fact and logic. It is based on emotion. What they believe. What they feel. Our arguments on the other hand are based on facts and the analysis of those facts, and logic.

If you haven't figured it out by now (i.e. arguing with women), you can't address or defeat an emotional argument with logic and facts. They don't stick. The other side just ignores the fact and lets it slide right past them while they continue their emotional response.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    A swift Wyatt Earp style pistol whiping usually does the trick

In all honesty, libs are easily tripped up on their own talking points. I usually win (they walk away) by using facts, logic and assertivness.

We were at a gathering that had some lib friends of friends, and they were talking about gun control.
    I walked up to one of the girls (whom I havent even introduced myself yet) and threatened her in a most violent and graphic way...then asked "Dont ya wish you had a gun". That ended that conversation.
    I am the rusted fender of the American Dream.

I don't want Fop, damnit, I'm a Dapper Dan man!

Super Moderator Retired

Member #
    Liked
    107 times
    Facts and logic don't work with these idiots.
    I have a saying for people like that: "You can lead them to the truth but you can't make them think" ...
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
    Sine Missione

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have found that to acknowledge and validate their fears, their feelings allows ready discussion. An invitation to the range with a smile and friendliness to shoot clay pidgeons is the next step. At some time on the drive from the range home just relate an experience I have had where I was the victim of brutality, and ask them if they've experienced something like that? Let them do the math.

Sort of the socratic method applied to gun control.

Rather than trying to win the argument, I try to win a friend. Seems to have a greater pay off. The one thing I do not do is use disparaging comments or become angry. That which frightens most people who do not approve of firearms ownership in the US is that we seem to be so angry, defiant, and marginalized as a group rather than mainstream.

My goal is to change the popular conceived "face" of gun owners from the beer drinking bubbas with wife beater t-shirts and a history of domestic violence to a nice, smiling, shaved, sweater wearing gentleman, like Mr. Rogers. Mr. Rogers with an AK.

Constitutionalists are really no different than some of those people who come to my door trying to convert me to their religion, preachy, proselytic, and generally offensive. Those who spout "revolutionary bilge" in such encounters make a real enemy of fence sitters, as people equate the revolution with Angola, Monrovia, Iraq and Afhanistan, and the similar. Citizens don't want that here in the USA, and neither do I.

Anger = 0
    Kindness and friendliness = possibles whose fears have been somewhat allayed.
    The greatest threat to continuation of mankind is the bicameral mind.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

With history.

I just say this........ I wonder how the executed Jews in Warsaw Poland would answer your question!
    From my cold dead fingers! ...... "Molon Labe"

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I know a guy who was basically anti-gun. He came to my house and we shot some. He now says "That was pretty frickin cool... I'm not sure about me having a gun but that was pretty awesome".

I invite alot of people to come shooting, and I've never had someone remain anti-gun afterwords. I just wish more people would come shooting.

I want to forget mistakes they've helped me make;
    Its better to be broken, then to break...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I memorized this from a gun magazine I read over ten years ago when the author was asked “why do you need an assault weapon.” His respone:

“It’s the type of weapon the founding father intended for me to own. One in which I may hope to defend my freedom when the sanctions of society and law are found insufficient to restrain the violence of oppression.”

Throw in a few big words like freedom, oppression and that should confuse them.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    192 times
    I should sate that my comment was meant to be a bit of bitter irony, not what I really say. I always offer to take someone shooting and pay for everything the first time- winning over people one person at a time is the best way to turn our anti-gun culture back to the gun freedom culture it was 35+ years ago.

Bransperson was actually very uncomfortable with the thought of me owning firearms when we first started dating. The first thing I did was show her the safety procedures I used hwne handling a firearm and the fact that I always keep them locked up securely. I eventually took her shooting, and although she isn't a huge fan of using firearms at the range herself, she likes to go along with me when I go shooting, and now has a schedule of every gun show in the local area, and Sunday morning gunshows followed by lunch are our equivalent of the Friday night 'dinner and a movie.'

I have another friend whose husband recently got a shotgun from his father as a present. She was extremely uncomfortable with it being in the house. When I found this out I purchased a gun lock and gave it to him and told him that the best thing to do was get a safe and to lock up the ammo separately. He did not listen to the second part unfortunately (believeing that 'hiding it in the closet' was a good theory) but he does at least use the gun lock and his wife was appreciative of that gesture, knowing that although it might be stolen, it at least can't be used on anyone in the house.
    "I pledge allegiance to the ideal left us by men wiser than I, having the forethought to gift their children with the power of being free."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors