Arsenal troubleshooting ?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Arsenal troubleshooting ?

I am considering the purchase of an SLR 106FR , but I have read somewhere that some Arsenal AKs do not shoot straigh and that there are some problems about it ...!!! Is it true ? I will really like someone to detail that and explain it , which types are having that defect and if it is fixable !!! I understand that Arsenals are the best AKs around , but now with this rumor , I am not so sure !!! Thanks

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    They shoot straight but some had crooked front sights, not a big deal to fix. Some had feedramp issues, not a big deal, you simply polish the ramp with a dremel. For the most part I'd say they are top notch.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    My SLR 106F has shot straight, and digested anything I have run through it from day one. It has been one of my favorite rifles, and I regret not picking up a SLR 107CR before they became expensive and hard to get.
    There's always free cheese in the mousetrap...

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Guys, your answers are making me happy... I have been wanting one of those for long time and since I already have an AR-15 I can use the same caliber for the two rifles . I just wanted to be sure ... Thanks so much !!!

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    My SLR-107FR had a canted gas block and I believe a canted rear sight. It functioned great but shot way to the left. I sent it in to Arsenal to be repaired, it's been two months and I still haven't gotten it back yet.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have two!! Both shoot great!! No Canted blocks. One will not cycle with AK74 mags though due to a wider bolt face than the other, that will cycle with any mag that locks. With the one that has a wider bolt I just use Factory Clear waffles. So far no problems. Shop around sometimes you can find deals from people who want to dump their rifle from all the fear thats spread around. Make sure you get it in writing about a full cash refund, if any problems with the rifle you purchase. Good luck trying to find cheap .223 rifle chow!! And for all those out there who have had a bad experience with their SLR's , My sympathies are with you!!

Also: A big complaint out there is the crappy finish!! I don't know what is being used to "Strip" the finish, but I have had no problems with WD-40, and Rem oil with teflon...
    Bakelite Junky Extraordinaire

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Right now I am looking for a good deal , but it seems that, in this day and age, $1000 or maybe $1100 is what I would have to cough out for a 106FR on a good deal...

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Re: Arsenal troubleshooting ?

Quote Originally Posted by josey88
    I am considering the purchase of an SLR 106FR , but I have read somewhere that some Arsenal AKs do not shoot straigh and that there are some problems about it ...!!! Is it true ? I will really like someone to detail that and explain it , which types are having that defect and if it is fixable !!! I understand that Arsenals are the best AKs around , but now with this rumor , I am not so sure !!! Thanks
    Why would you think that a rifle that "does not shoot straight" would be "the best AK around"? There is plenty of info available on the 106.
    "Folks, don't be within ten feet of me
    with this thing...just don't do it."- Mall Ninja

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by josey88
    Right now I am looking for a good deal , but it seems that, in this day and age, $1000 or maybe $1100 is what I would have to cough out for a 106FR on a good deal...
    I just sold one with twenty mags for $1400.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well, I don`t know much about AKs ; I am used to shoot ARs and I wanted for some time now to have an AK , so I started reading about which type would fit my needs and I got to the Arsenal models . I decided to get a 106FR because it uses the same rd as my AR-15 , but I did also read something about the shooting problem and that is why I posted my inquiry here. Some of the anwers say that it is an easy fix if I get one of those in the unlikely case , so I am happy with that. All my readings state that Arsenal is one of the best in quality and finish, so that is why I stated it . Also, I personally like the folding stock type . I will try to buy the rifle in the vicinity of $1000 or a little more ; Higher than that , I will trash the idea of a AK and will look for another AR instead

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I've had a SLR-106F for a couple years now and it is awesome. Love the rifle. I was impressed with it enough to also get the SLR-106CR and 106U. Some people have had issues with theirs. All mine have been 100% reliable. It is a shame that the QC on some of the rifles has been hit or miss. Most problems are fairly easy fixed, but for the price they should be correct right out of the box. I really enjoy all of mine.

Hey Saddam, How's the Kids?

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    If you used to shoot AR's and you are looking for a good .223 AK. RUN AS FAR AWAY FROM ARSENAL. You will be greatly disapointed.

If you do buy an Arsenal, inspect it in person. Even then it won't guarentee it will shoot correctly. They are way over rated!
    "Through these fields of destruction, Baptisms of fire, I've witnessed your suffering, As the battle raged higher." Dire Straits

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well, now I am confused ... I am looking for a good AK ... What can I do ? Which one to look for ? I can apreciate a tip here !!!

grp

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    The only factory rifles that I heard were trouble free are VEPR and SAIGA.

Have you thought about buying from one of the reputable builders like Redstick, PoH , or AK103?
    Woman! Where is my super suit!
    If I have any bad photobucket images, please send me a PM.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AK-47
    If you used to shoot AR's and you are looking for a good .223 AK. RUN AS FAR AWAY FROM ARSENAL. You will be greatly disapointed.

If you do buy an Arsenal, inspect it in person. Even then it won't guarentee it will shoot correctly. They are way over rated!
    I shoot ARs all the time. I have not been disapointed with any of my SLR-106s. In fact, I think they go very well with my ARs. As to being over rated, that is a matter of opinion. Some rifles have had problems, but they are an AK. It doesn't take very much to get one lined out. For what you pay for one, they should run 100% right out of the box. I'd be pissed if mine didn't. But I think that most do work well. Not every one is a dog. My SLR-106F is by far the most accurate AK I own and is a dream to shoot. Controlablity and handling are awesome.

Hey Saddam, How's the Kids?

Sponsors