Disputing the Myths - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    951 times
    Us PA dwellers that reside in the big T know a thing or two about rattlers and guns. Maybe not so much the scorpions...but you can keep them... The trash you're hearing is coming out of suburbia Burgh or Philly (not that you'll find too many Steelers fans in Philly). Just ignore it. :lol:
    The only worthy boltface...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    not everyone in the PNW is a dirty hippie. but it's damn close.......

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachelor_of_Science
    Great observation, viragos. Just remember, it's "Arizonans" not Arizonians. I have family back east (Massachusetts) and yes, they ARE that ignorant. Why the heck do you think they voted for "the savior?"

And they call us "hillbillies!"
    Yeah I should have looked it up but what the hell, at least I was consistantly wrong.
    Bill of Rights in evey public building

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yeah and everybody in Kansas......... wait , whats our stereotype? Probably has something to do with corn. :lol:
    “Statistics is the art of lying by means of figures.”
    -Wilhelm Stekel-

They're not going to catch us, we're on a mission from god.

Member #
    Liked
    380 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Zane Zackerly
    Ha!

We've got you beat, Viragos.

There are still people who believe that New Mexico is not part of the United States, that we do not have paved roads, indoor plumbing, or electricity.

When I was a kid I ordered something from New York and the people wrote back that they would only ship the item to Mexico if we paid in US dollars.

There was a Ziggy comic from years ago where he's watching the news and the caption says, "Foreign aid to New Mexico was cut off today when it was discovered that it is actually part of the United States."
    I must admit that I am not very fond of New Mexico. Of course I am judging the entire state by 3 nearby areas...but Artesia (there is nothing here) is a disappointment. Roswell and Carslbad are somewhat civilized on the main strips but are pretty bad down any other street. The "mall" that Roswell has is pathetic; smaller than a strip mall. The whole alien thing in the beginning part of town is a joke.

The weather in this part is nuts, it could be cold (not east coast cold but pretty cold) one second, then all of a sudden it'll be nice or hot, then just as quickly get windy as shit all in the course of a few hours.

There are scenic views in some places that could be nice for a drive through but I really couldn't live here. Not the "Land of Enchantment" for me at all.
    WTB: Russian beavertail AK74 magazine release

BB
    Banned

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: Disputing the Myths

Quote Originally Posted by viragos
    After reading various sports articles and blurbs coming out of the Pennsylvania area concerning the super bowl and Arizona in particular it appears that most sports fans back east think there is a scorpion under every rock, a rattlesnake under every bush and everyone in Arizona is packing a 6 gun on their hip. I feel duty bound to dispel these obvious myths.

First off I will admit that there is a scorpion under every rock, under every piece of wood and probably in every dark corner of most of the houses. That’s why we shake our boots out before we put them on every morning. Secondly I will acknowledge that most likely there is a rattlesnake under every bush but this is not a problem unless you are walking in the bushes which is something a true Arizonian never does.

Finally the idea that all Arizonians walk around with six shooters strapped to their hip is pure fantasy. Actually we prefer Glocks and XD45s. I hope this clears up any confusion our east coast neighbors may have. Thank you. GO ARIZONA CARDINALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BULLSHIT. My wifes from Tucson, I go there all the time, and youre a liar. There aint no bushes in AZ. Bushes are leafy things, pleasant to the eye. That vegetation in AZ, best I can tell, is spawned directly from the pit of hell and no man alive would want to even get close to that shit.

Bushes indeed. Devil weed I call it.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by BB
    After reading various sports articles and blurbs coming out of the Pennsylvania area concerning the super bowl and Arizona in particular it appears that most sports fans back east think there is a scorpion under every rock, a rattlesnake under every bush and everyone in Arizona is packing a 6 gun on their hip. I feel duty bound to dispel these obvious myths.

First off I will admit that there is a scorpion under every rock, under every piece of wood and probably in every dark corner of most of the houses. That’s why we shake our boots out before we put them on every morning. Secondly I will acknowledge that most likely there is a rattlesnake under every bush but this is not a problem unless you are walking in the bushes which is something a true Arizonian never does.

Finally the idea that all Arizonians walk around with six shooters strapped to their hip is pure fantasy. Actually we prefer Glocks and XD45s. I hope this clears up any confusion our east coast neighbors may have. Thank you. GO ARIZONA CARDINALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BULLSHIT. My wifes from Tucson, I go there all the time, and youre a liar. There aint no bushes in AZ. Bushes are leafy things, pleasant to the eye. That vegetation in AZ, best I can tell, is spawned directly from the pit of hell and no man alive would want to even get close to that shit.

Bushes.....with...leaves? What kind of pansy assed bushes are those? We have manly bushes here.
    It hasn't always been us against them, but someone has to take the intiative and start the endless cycle of violence.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

That's why there's a rattlesnake under each one. Everything has thorns or is poisonous. Ever heard of 'Arizona pinstriping"? All off road vehicles have it. Going through the bushes off road is like driving through barbed wire.
    Bill of Rights in evey public building

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    shrubbery
    If a god of love and life ever did exist, he is long since dead.

Someone... something rules in his place.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by marlbroman
    Yeah and everybody in Kansas......... wait , whats our stereotype? Probably has something to do with corn. :lol:
    How about you can close your eyes and "smell" Kansas when you get there. I was born in s.w. Kansas, and I hope to never go back.
    Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured,
    but not everyone must prove they are a citizen

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ha!

There are still people who believe that New Mexico is not part of the United States, that we do not have paved roads, indoor plumbing, or electricity.
    Some of us Texans still think New Mexico is part of the great Republic Of Texas.

Also.....PLUTO IS NOT A PLANET....ZING!

Quote Originally Posted by ItchyFinger
    How about you can close your eyes and "smell" Kansas when you get there. I was born in s.w. Kansas, and I hope to never go back.
    So Im not the only person that smelled Kansas? Only time I have been to Kansas we stopped at a gas station while crossing the state(THEY MAKE YOU PAY FOR THAT SHIT? I think Kansas should pay ME for coming to the state) and there was a very strong aroma. Hm thought it was just me.
    "Man I hope its not a fucking samsquanch, I hate those fucking bastards"- Bubbles

BB
    Banned

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by phreakmode
    shrubbery
    "...with a little path running down the middle"

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DarbyFett
    Ha!

Some of us Texans still think New Mexico is part of the great Republic Of Texas.

Also.....PLUTO IS NOT A PLANET....ZING!

Quote Originally Posted by ItchyFinger
    So Im not the only person that smelled Kansas? Only time I have been to Kansas we stopped at a gas station while crossing the state(THEY MAKE YOU PAY FOR THAT SHIT? I think Kansas should pay ME for coming to the state) and there was a very strong aroma. Hm thought it was just me.
    haha yeah sw Kansas does have a distinct smell to it. I live as far away as possible .....about 3 miles away from the missouri border. Yep , large lots of cattle stink.
    “Statistics is the art of lying by means of figures.”
    -Wilhelm Stekel-

They're not going to catch us, we're on a mission from god.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by phreakmode
    shrubbery
    "...with a little path running down the middle"
    "...then you must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest.....with a herring!"

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    And go STEELERS!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsors