Help with this front sight, mag problem and Trunion problem

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Help with this front sight, mag problem and Trunion problem

my coworker bought a Vector AK on my awesome advice almost a year ago, after 5 months of waiting it finally came.

Its beautiful and is a chrome bulgarian parts kit.

Something is odd. The sight post is moved all the way to the left. not the end of the world as many of us have canted sights and once its zeroed its good to go for life. But he entertained the idea of punching out the two FSB pins and recutting the grooves in the barrel to uncant the sight.

The only issue is........ITS WELDED ON. WTF? is this normal? I have never seen this. Why would Vector weld it on like that? DO you think Vector screwed up the FSB pins and did a quick makeup job to get the FSB to stay on there? (a bit surprised that Vector did this).

another issue. a former SG Yugo BHO mag seems to be feeding trouble. From the look of the follower, is it sitting too high or bent? any way to correct this thing? or a new follower, or toss the mag?
    Its a cool mag that has seen some real combat.

Lastly, I got this BG AK74 kit off another member, he didnt say it was tapped with a screw, so I found out about it once I got the kit and was, less than happy, the bayonet lug ears are shaved off too, oh well . In your opinions, would normal rivets still work, should it be rewelded and redrilled? I am curious if the trunion would work its way loose after 20K rounds (and yes, this gun will shoot that much soon).

"Git to the chopppaaaaa!"

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The shaved lugs would really burn me. Contact the person who sold the AK-74 kit to you and make sure they make it right. Have them pay for a replacement gas block... a replacement front sight block too, if that was shaved. Or have them pay to have the FSB and gas block re-welded.

Yes, you can still rivet it, it will not work loose.

On the VECTOR... Is that made with a US barrel, or is it a kit built in the US? I really doubt Vector welded it, that is an awful lot of trouble to go through when pinning is so much easier, especially when if it was an original kit, the FSB would already be pinned in place with no reason to remove it.

I want to forget mistakes they've helped me make;
    Its better to be broken, then to break...

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    he gave me a BG bayonet to cover the cost of the ears being off. the primary concern was those large trunion holes, it was noted it was a screw build but not that the holes were tapped so large, if you think it will be ok I feel better. This will be a replacement rifle for the wife, she doenst use a bayonet, neither do I really.

The weld is on the REAR and underside of the FSB, not near the threads for the flash hider. it makes no sense. it is a chrome BG barrel, he paid EXTRA to have that because I told him US barrels suck. chrome is good anyways if you dont plan to clean it ever.
    "Git to the chopppaaaaa!"

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors