Stupidest thing ever said at a gun counter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Stupidest thing ever said at a gun counter

I found this post on ar15.com. Just sharing with you.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b ... 559&page=1

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I once had a customer ask me
    "Do you have those sights that glow in the dark?"

I was in a unusually comical mood this particular day and
    replied, "No, but i do have the ones that glow all the time
    that you can see when it is dark. Will those work??

He was confused, and i was smiling... :lol:

KyAKguy
    Pray for Obama... Psalm 109:8 Let his days be few, and let another take his office.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Not all are stupid....some are funny, some sad, some intriguing, and some a sign of the times....all are true.

1) Got any of them "G"-locks?

2) Those S.I.G. pistols any good?

3) "Can you guys order me a matched pair of sig P210s"? (Phone order from a "CNN correspondent" working in Russia...he bought them both)

4) What do ya got thats "on the list"? (during Clinton ban era) :roll:

5) Do you guys sell volleyball nets? (over the phone) :lol:

6) "WHOA! THAT'S BAD ASS"....from about a seven year old kid in front of his dad while looking at a Mac-11 in the case. Dad smirked.

7) "That thing fit you ok, son"....from a "real" cowboy dad to his 5 year old son who is very skillfully shouldering the Chipmunk .22 rifle he is clearly getting for his birthday. Kid was dressed in boots, hat, shirt, and little itty bitty wranglers (complete with rodeo style belt buckle) matching dad's outfit entirely. Cutest thing I had ever seen.

8) How much are those FN-FALs....$4000.....OK, I'll take it, with 50 mags, a pair of Sig 228's, twenty mags each, three cases of .308, two cases of 9mm, and two of those nice holsters please. Customer's platinum Amex was hit with about $11,000 that day during the pre-Clinton ban frenzy. He had never owned a gun before that day.

9) What's your price on 10/22s? $129. OK...I'll take 20 !!! (Polygamist father at Christmas time...seriously)

10) What do you give me for this Colt 1911? $150. OK.

11) See, this grip safety and thumb safety prevent the hammer from falling on a loaded round......BANG....(colleague ADs bird shot .45 load into wall while demonstrating 1911 to customer). Customer...."hey, did that thing just go off?"

12) "no speak English".....from a group of range customers as I was confronting them about their kitchen table converted full auto Tec-9 they were shooting. Group left without incident.

13) "fine f$(&ckers, I'll keep the gun and cancel the charge on my credit card"....as the disgruntled customer pulled the special order gun and a colleague of mine over the counter starting a brawl in the store.

14) "Get the F*(K off my son" as mother of said colleague and store owner points Springfield 9mm five inches from customers face. :shock:

15) "I ain't afraid of that thing!"....as amazingly calm customer continues beating son.

16) "F**K THIS"....as eightbore decides he needs to find a better job.

Never let it be said that working retail gun sales is "boring" ! The above is a random selection of probably a hundred or more similar or even identical incidents at our shop. I remember at least four illegal full-autos showing up on the range over the two years I worked there. Had a guy almost drop dead in the store from ODing on his blood pressure meds, more than one polygamist "group buy", and one guy came in to sell a gun his kid used to kill himself....it was still in the police evidence bag and still had dried goop on it. True story. Thank God I got out of that place!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    The nice man at the local Big 5 sporting goods says .308 ammo chambers and fires just fine in Mosin Nagants.

"Plus its cheaper than x54r !!!"
    "Yes, you really can build a gun with bolt cutters......"

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I was in a shop when a customer came in and asked for black powder. The clerk picked up a can of IMR smokeless. "Thats not black powder," the customer said. The clerk opened the can and spilled some of the powder in his hand. Then says, " Its black isnt it?"

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    WOW. Sure would make that hawken into a high performance machine, eh!

Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    We now keep a box of bullets (projectiles) and a box of sea shells behind the counter for those daily, "let me get a box of shells" and "Can I get some bullets".
    Budoka34
    "Lead, follow, or get out of the way!"

Looking for used RPK/AES10B and RPD, drums, 40 rnd mags, 40 rnd mag pouches, RPK and RPD related equipment and propaganda.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Budoka34
    We now keep a box of bullets (projectiles) and a box of sea shells behind the counter for those daily, "let me get a box of shells" and "Can I get some bullets".
    Nothing like making your customer feel stupid to make a sale.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Costumer guy ahead of my friend and me wanted to know about buying a "Chopper."

-Gun store salesman guy replies, “We don’t sell motor cycles here, this is a gun store.” :lol:

Urban Dictionary: CHOPPER - a fully automatic weapon that chops through the streets fuckin up what ever it can hit.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chopper
    My two favorite teams are the Houston Texans, and whoever is playing the Cowboys

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hate to say it - but would have to be "Can I get some help or service here?" Doesn't seem to get you either around here!
    There's always free cheese in the mousetrap...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    8) How much are those FN-FALs....$4000.....OK, I'll take it, with 50 mags, a pair of Sig 228's, twenty mags each, three cases of .308, two cases of 9mm, and two of those nice holsters please. Customer's platinum Amex was hit with about $11,000 that day during the pre-Clinton ban frenzy. He had never owned a gun before that day. Surprised
    Probably the biggest reason why congress might hesisitate to pass another AWB, it will only encourage this 10 fold.
    No one has ever tried to make a direct impingement AK.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by j_tudeski
    Costumer guy ahead of my friend and me wanted to know about buying a "Chopper."
    The local gun store near my parent's place is ok, I wander in around once every 4 months or so, but the potential customers are amazingly fun, and every time I'm there there's at least one such incident:.

Guy walks in, points to a Desert Eagle:
    "Hey man! Ima buy me this GLOCK! You <guys> take jewelry for trade? Can I get this gat on layaway?"

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    This happened just two weeks ago at a local gunshop. One which I will never go back into. The owner approched myself and a friend and asked us "Are you guys AFT agents". It seemed we knew more about his guns that he did

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I used to have customers want to see a "Smith and Western" pistol or a "Mossenburger" shotgun.

We also had a customer come in asking if we had a gunsmith... He had a drill bit stuck in the end of his .22lr barrel. Seems he was trying to convert it to .22 mag :lol:

Member #
    Liked
    174 times
    Was at a gun stop awhile back when a cracked out lady came in, wanted to buy the cheapest gun she could get and stated she needed that day, and presented a drivers license that was out of state and wasn't even her :lol:
    AKF # 2588
    K.C.A

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors