What flavor of Windows are you running? Made any changes to your system prior to the problem?
What software are you trying to install?
Well, for some reason Installshield no longer works for me. Whenever I try to install something it gives me an error and will not proceed any further. I can't find any solutions on the net besides doing a complete reinstall, and I've got too much stuff on my comp and don't want to fiddly-fuck with that. So, does anyone know of any tools that I could download and use instead of Installshield, or perhaps how to fix Installshield? I've seen a couple of things, but they seem to only be able to create installation executable files.
Edit:Code:Error Code: -5004 : 0x80070005
Windows XP, no changes prior to the error. A couple of games, namely Titan Quest and Rome Total War.
1. Please open Internet Explorer and visit the following link to download
the WGA Diagnostic Tool:
2. Save the WGADiag2.exe file to Desktop, and then double click on the file
to run the tool.
After running the tool, please return to Windows Update and see if the issue
Or another Google search:
Installshield is a program developers use to package software. There's usually "no way around it", a developer will only package something with one packager. If it's using Installshield, it's your only choice.
YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO COPY OR USE MY SIGNATURE.
Try installing XP SP3 if it is out.
Also, check your temp folder and see if there is a log.
1. Open command prompt (what used to be called the DOS box 10 years ago).
2. type CD %temp% hit enter
3 type DEL *.* /s /q (do this from your temp folder only. If should look something like c:\documents and settings\YourName\Temp>
4. try to install your program. If it fails, DO NOT close the error dialog or the log will be deleted.
5. Look for a log in the temp folder. Search for the log by looking by the dates of the files.
6. Send me the log via PM