Like Tree320Likes

Thread: And it has started!

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    12901 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    What do those mofos do with all that toilet paper?
    Apparently they use it to either make TP soup, or wipe their butts multiple times due to a poor diet from White Castle (sliders), and/or too much fast food.
    Thrasher likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    12901 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSal View Post
    I was told to prep all my classes for online delivery as well. It is not just folks by you.

My wife told me that at the end of the Soviet Union, people didn't know collapse was even an option until it actually occurred.

best of luck to you all...
    I still think collapse is unlikely at this time, and like I said in the other thread, I'm far more worried about shortages of items that are not being produced and shipped, and stupid panicky people. I think the US will come out of this ok, but its not going to happen right away, and we all know just how patient the public is.
    scottyb and trevorakm like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    154 times
    That's unreal, TP of all things. I would be in the food section. I can wipe my arse with leaves/paper/whatever. Starving to death on the other hand...............

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    984 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyeagle View Post
    That's unreal, TP of all things. I would be in the food section. I can wipe my arse with leaves/paper/whatever. Starving to death on the other hand...............

Hey, a clean booty is a thing of beauty, as the song goes.
    Greyeagle and Thrasher like this.

Member #
    Liked
    5288 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    My Sister can look out her living room window and Boom, four blacks away, there is the Empire State Building.
    She's said all along, "This is nothing to worry about!", "I wont allow guns in my house !" and now I have a transsexual "Nephew."
    It's going to be a hell of a ride, they're heading for Utah to ride it out in the snow.
    Everyone here already has it including their pets, and the culture shock of freedom may be too much for them to handle but, if they must, I do hear the more liberal areas of SLC are beautiful this time of year.

Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Honestly it’s a little mind boggling to me that a virus that allegedly has a lower fatality rate than quite a lot of others, has disrupted as much stuff as it has. You would think every couple of years in that case, all sort of shit would be getting shut down during bad flu years. Not making light of it, but just odd to me.

Did things like this use to happen back 40 years or so, in the days of smallpox? I’d hope so, cause this shit doesn’t hold a candle to shit like that, and if people are reacting like this now, I’d hope they didn’t just act like everything is normal back when that shit was still around.
    pwcosol and trevorakm like this.

Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Haris122 View Post

Did things like this use to happen back 40 years or so, in the days of smallpox? Iíd hope so, cause this shit doesnít hold a candle to shit like that, and if people are reacting like this now, Iíd hope they didnít just act like everything is normal back when that shit was still around.
    Well, no. Because Small-pox wasn't a sudden danger. It had been around since forever. As had most of the nasty diseases that claimed millions of lives. Typhoid, Small-pox, etc... Those were just normal diseases that people would get sick with. Terrible, but there was a normalcy to them. Severe outbreaks were locally devastating of course, but it wasn't something that necessarily permeated society like this panic is. The difference I think is how fast information spreads today. Rumor and fear can spread far quicker than before.

A century ago, Coronavirus would probably have flown completely under the radar. Just another wave of seasonal flu that was maybe slightly worse than previous years but nothing notable beyond that. The permeation of information into society makes scares a lot more likely because everybody is aware that this disease is slightly more deadly than normal flu and are aware of it's presence.

What you don't know can still hurt you, but it can't cause you to panic if you are blissfully unaware.

In the past, pandemics had to be much more extreme to actually get noticed. Like Plague or something. You'd have to kill 1/3 of the population in an obvious fashion to differentiate yourself from the typical lineup of diseases that were commonplace at the time. Especially in cities which were already fetid cesspits of so many terrible diseases.

Modern definitions of Pandemic are probably too strict compared to past pandemics like bubonic plague.
    Last edited by BobtheButcher; 03-12-2020 at 11:05 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    1134 times
    Honestly itís a little mind boggling to me that a virus that allegedly has a lower fatality rate than quite a lot of others, has disrupted as much stuff as it has. You would think every couple of years in that case, all sort of shit would be getting shut down during bad flu years. Not making light of it, but just odd to me.

Did things like this use to happen back 40 years or so, in the days of smallpox? Iíd hope so, cause this shit doesnít hold a candle to shit like that, and if people are reacting like this now, Iíd hope they didnít just act like everything is normal back when that shit was still around.
    I had thought the whole time that there is no way the mortality rate is less than the common flue, because they are trying to so strongly combat this. Well.... this just came out. Itís actually 10x more deadly than the flu. https://theweek.com/speedreads/90147...unologist-says
    Greyeagle and 10Gauge like this.
    WTB:

Russian Type 1 or 2 parts/kit

Member #
    Liked
    249 times
    I wish I had it to post, but my buddy showed me a post last night that said "All it took was a virus to get the Democrats interested in border security" About fell out of my chair.
    10Gauge, dixy2k, MPiKM-72 and 5 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1421 times
    When people tell me that they are going to come to my house when the SHTF,

I remind them to pop the correct flare at the end of the driveway and prepare to give the proper countersign,

or else they are entering a free fire zone.
    ​Valor and Skill

Member #
    Liked
    7393 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DasVidaniya View Post
    When people tell me that they are going to come to my house when the SHTF,

I remind them to pop the correct flare at the end of the driveway and prepare to give the proper countersign,

or else they are entering a free fire zone.
    I like to ask what valuable resources and skills they will be bringing to the party. The first bowl of nachos and 20 oz Diet Dr. Pepper is free.
    DasVidaniya, Thrasher and Bondmen like this.
    Constantly studying spots welds, mag well dimple shapes, center support rivet heads and selector markings for the last 12 years...

BTW - Keep your BFH away from my AK!

WTB Late East German 7.62 top cover and gas tube numbered 687.

Member #
    Liked
    461 times
    Other than there being no dust/respirator masks or filters around, and maybe a thinning of anti-bacterial soaps & cleaners in some places, seems business as usual here in central Arizona. Did see two spots on the TV news.... actor Tom Hanks & wife have tested positive for Covid-19 (boo hoo). Also, in Los Angeles there has been a uptick in Asians buying iron. One person interviewed said this was due to racial tensions in the community. However, I still recall film of several armed Asian-Americans whom defended their property and businesses during the Rodney King riots (and were not looted or burned out as many others were). My take is this may be a more likely motive to acquire protection. Some of the measures being taken may be a bit of an over-reach. However, if things really start to get worse internationally, I think most Americans would be thankful for the Administration being more proactive rather than reactive...
    kalashnakov74 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    228 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    Hey, a clean booty is a thing of beauty, as the song goes.
    I'll save money on toilet paper. I'd just pay Stormy Daniels to lick my bung clean.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    12901 times
    Honestly it’s a little mind boggling to me that a virus that allegedly has a lower fatality rate than quite a lot of others, has disrupted as much stuff as it has. You would think every couple of years in that case, all sort of shit would be getting shut down during bad flu years. Not making light of it, but just odd to me.

Did things like this use to happen back 40 years or so, in the days of smallpox? I’d hope so, cause this shit doesn’t hold a candle to shit like that, and if people are reacting like this now, I’d hope they didn’t just act like everything is normal back when that shit was still around.
    Go and look up the death rate of this virus in Italy, and you'll find its running at about 6.8%. If anyone believes the numbers that are coming out of China, contact me personally for the best deal on a bridge you will ever see. Buy now and save.
    BigSal likes this.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    1138 times
    Part of the problem of playing the percentages is that Covid-19 in a healthy person might not be reported as an otherwise health person might not know they have Covid-19.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Sponsors