Why so much hate for Ban states - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 82
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Why so much hate for Ban states

  1. #16
    Senior Member

    Member #
    58841
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    239
    Liked
    104 times
    No offense but here another one goes. As we say on the Eastern Shore De/Md/Va is we are outnumbered by the Baltimorones. My neighbors live 1/4 of a miles away from me in both directions, my grandkids can piss in the front yard and if you weren’t driving by you’d never know. We down here a good old country people it’s just a shame we’re treated like the city people that have all the crime going on. We take care of those things our way down my way the way it should be handled

  2. #17
    Senior Member

    Member #
    17427
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Near Philadelphia Pa
    Posts
    11,754
    Liked
    8741 times
    Quote Originally Posted by shortround1991 View Post
    No offense but here another one goes. As we say on the Eastern Shore De/Md/Va is we are outnumbered by the Baltimorones. My neighbors live 1/4 of a miles away from me in both directions, my grandkids can piss in the front yard and if you weren’t driving by you’d never know. We down here a good old country people it’s just a shame we’re treated like the city people that have all the crime going on. We take care of those things our way down my way the way it should be handled
    You're not treated like city people. Simply the laws of your state.

    Cali has already tried to go after sellers from different states. Why would I put myself in that situation? Even if nothing can happen why would I want to pay for a lawyer and go through the hassle?
    10Gauge, JoeMomma and 43m1garand like this.

  3. #18
    Member

    Member #
    62391
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    77
    Liked
    61 times
    Divide and conquer. Ive been saying the second amendment is doomed in the nation we have become. Looks more and more like i'm right everyday.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #19
    Senior Member

    Member #
    65439
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    111
    Liked
    38 times
    Seems like any infraction could easily be a felony. Gun rights gone.I think folks are just being careful.
    I have ammo older than my ex-wife

  6. #20
    Senior Member

    Member #
    63995
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    209
    Liked
    36 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shortround1991 View Post
    No offense but here another one goes. As we say on the Eastern Shore De/Md/Va is we are outnumbered by the Baltimorones. My neighbors live 1/4 of a miles away from me in both directions, my grandkids can piss in the front yard and if you weren’t driving by you’d never know. We down here a good old country people it’s just a shame we’re treated like the city people that have all the crime going on. We take care of those things our way down my way the way it should be handled
    You're not treated like city people. Simply the laws of your state.

    Cali has already tried to go after sellers from different states. Why would I put myself in that situation? Even if nothing can happen why would I want to pay for a lawyer and go through the hassle?
    Agreed. It is not worth the hassle, and potential legal liability just to make a sale, even if it’s helping someone out. I don’t want to get arrested for selling something to someone in a restricted state where the laws are ever changing.

    If those that don’t want to get in trouble for selling to ban states are somehow traitors to the second amendment, what’s that say for the people that continue to live in ban states?

    Don’t get me wrong, it would be really hard for me to pack my stuff and move if my state implemented a mag ban or similar. My family is all here, my friends, my life is here. It would not be easy to do. So I don’t really agree with people that say everyone should just move out of ban states, but man it would be nice if I was in that position.

    But if I started blaming everyone else in free states for not helping me out, that seems crazy. It’s not their fault, it’s the lawmakers in the restricted states who are at fault.

    I can understand your frustration, OP, but it’s no ones fault but the law makers in your state.
    43m1garand likes this.

  7. #21
    Senior Member

    Member #
    62737
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    778
    Liked
    438 times
    It's not difficult to understand that nobody wants to keep up with any revolving door of ban state laws, just like nobody wants unnecessary legal problems. Where you live is a personal choice. You can play the game and deal with the consequences accordingly, or relocate. It's pretty much that straight forward.
    Last edited by Pookie; 03-02-2020 at 07:10 AM.

  8. #22
    Senior Member

    Member #
    17427
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Near Philadelphia Pa
    Posts
    11,754
    Liked
    8741 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    It's not difficult to understand that nobody wants to keep up with any revolving door of ban state laws, just like nobody wants unnecessary legal problems. Where you live is a personal choice. You can play the game and deal with the consequences accordingly, or relocate. It's pretty much that straight forward.
    Even relocation is now getting dicey. I know a guy who moved from NJ to VA last year for this very reason and we all know what almost happened in VA!

  9. #23
    Senior Member

    Member #
    17479
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,006
    Liked
    556 times
    If you think California State Police (we dont even have "state police") are gonna come knocking become you shipped some mags to San Jose from Biloxi, you're paranoia is at 11.
    Having a good FFL helps. One that understands laws. Usually as simple as removing the pistol grip turns an "assault rifle" into just a long gun.

  10. #24
    Senior Member

    Member #
    22852
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Sterling, VA
    Posts
    857
    Liked
    654 times
    The concern is potential liability. If I were to ship a magazine to a state where they're banned, the mag is then used in a crime, and the state's attorney in that state decides to prosecute the person that shipped the mag into the state... That's the concern.

    As an FFL, I'm registered with the California DOJ and generate approval letters (as required by state law) for anything shipped to FFLs there. It's a hassle, but I do it. A lot of FFLs simply won't ship to California because of the state registration requirement.

    There are also concerns about shipping 80% lowers to states like New Jersey, for example.

    The issue is the off chance one of those innocuous parts is used in a crime that is then politicized and comes back to hit the person that shipped those parts to the buyer.

    Manufacturers are basically protected by the federal law, but even that is under threat right now. The average Joe selling parts across state lines has absolutely no protection if a politician or lawyer smells potential blood in the water.

    That's why so many sellers avoid so-called "ban states." -- justifiably or not.

    Regardless, in my case, I do everything I can to work with people in ban states within the letter of the law. As a Virginian -- I think I speak for all Virginian's right now -- we've never felt more of a kindred spirit with all of the ban states. We're fighting for everyone here at this moment. And we intend to win back the Second Amendment by hook or by crook.
    10Gauge, 43m1garand and cliffv like this.
    01 FFL, Gunsmith, and Prop Maker
    NRA Life Member - Benefactor
    GOA Life Member
    NSSF Member
    VCDL Member

  11. #25
    Senior Member

    Member #
    17427
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Near Philadelphia Pa
    Posts
    11,754
    Liked
    8741 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bansh88 View Post
    If you think California State Police (we dont even have "state police") are gonna come knocking become you shipped some mags to San Jose from Biloxi, you're paranoia is at 11.
    Having a good FFL helps. One that understands laws. Usually as simple as removing the pistol grip turns an "assault rifle" into just a long gun.
    I don't think Cali PD is coming to my door. But I do believe that the prosecutors office can try, because they have tried.

    How's this, NJ attorney general goes after a Cali parts dealer for selling a parts kit to an undercover in NJ

    https://www.ammoland.com/2019/03/cal...#axzz6FXwDgjZD

    Now, probably Patriot Armory will win this but it will cost them time, and money
    10Gauge and philippes like this.

  12. #26
    Senior Member

    Member #
    22150
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    924
    Liked
    461 times
    Regarding "ban states", we know there are many good, respectable people whom reside in them. Sadly, they are often "held hostage" due to the presence of one or more large, urbanite cities, which typically are repositories of corruption & liberalism. The urban masses tend to lean left, and thus, have the numbers to elect a majority of politicians whom then inflict their agenda on all. I saw this trend only worsen for years in California, until I realized it was like a runaway train, and never coming back...so I got out. However, the left always overplays their hand when they believe themselves to have absolute power, and the electorate...stretched like a rubber band, will eventually break and snap back.

  13. #27
    dvs
    dvs is offline
    Senior Member

    Member #
    11057
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The Peoples Demokratik Republik Of Kalefornia
    Posts
    2,494
    Liked
    351 times
    im a dealer in California. One of the biggest issues other FFLs have is out CFLC letter thats required to receive or transfer a firearm to a customer. You have to register with CAL DOJ then for every single firearm you need a approval letter to send them in. Imnot allowed to transfer a gun without that letter in the paperwork. Lots of dealers say its not worth their time to do that..thats one big reason people hate California...well that and the roster..and the compliance issues about certain types of rifles...

  14. #28
    Senior Member

    Member #
    58841
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    239
    Liked
    104 times
    I’ll have to find the news paper clipping where Md state police were actually handing me back all of my firearms, Mags etc a few years ago after my home was broken into. As far as banned weapons go a few years ago I had purchased a PPS43 unfortunately for me right before they went the approved handgun list. That thing sat at my FFL for months and at the time he had told me up front that until it was ok to do paperwork I could still wait or I could have him resell it for me. That’s what a FFL should do Just as mine had, make no mistakes I’m not asking anyone to break the law but god god sakes you won’t even ship a bolt etc to my state. I’m so very glad that I hoarded way back when the PLO kits were selling for $80 and no I have no interest in letting any of it go. I’ve purchased kits from some of our moderators here who I won’t mention without a single issue. I’m sorry to say but the way it looks ALL of us will be in the same condition with all these laws/bans they keep trying to push through the cracks

  15. #29
    Member

    Member #
    17233
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    79
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nobody View Post
    OP
    Sadly there’s a lot of what I consider brother fuckers in this hobby
    Furthermore they are idiots
    State laws only apply to you if you live in that state ... for some reason they think if some store wont ship something to some state then they as a privet party can’t.
    But in some cases I think they just hate peoples in ban states .. like we’re somehow responsible for bans and bogus laws.
    Its bordering on ridicules ... people saying they won’t ship parts kits to ban states ... I even had a guy last week refuse to send me a bayonet.
    These are the same people you’ll see the day before the coming mandatory buyback camped out on the sidewalk to be first in line.
    this is the sad truth.alot of gunowners are wannbe law enforcement,and will enfore any law they are told to obey.
    Mr Nobody likes this.

  16. #30
    Senior Member

    Member #
    17427
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Near Philadelphia Pa
    Posts
    11,754
    Liked
    8741 times
    Quote Originally Posted by akman2 View Post
    this is the sad truth.alot of gunowners are wannbe law enforcement,and will enfore any law they are told to obey.
    A lot of gun owners wanna CYA! Who are you? Just a name on a screen.i don't know you and you don't know me. I mean really know. You don't know my intentions or plans. I was on a different gun board when one of the regulars hadn't been around in a while. Someone who knew his real name did a little searching and found out he was recently sentenced to life for murdering his wife.
    43m1garand likes this.

 

 
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.