151 times
    Welcome to Idaho!
    MPiKM-72 and 22many like this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9268 times
    Thanks guys. The move is going to be grueling but it is what it is. I know some of you have made the move to other states so I’m sure the payoff is going to be worth it. It will finally be nice to live where things make sense and I can have pride in my home state. Something I haven’t had in a long time.

Eventually there will be a shop going up but not right away. Haven’t figured out what size I want so I’ll wait to see what my needs are. As much as I would love to get paid for being a moderator, unfortunately it just doesn’t happen!
    BigSal likes this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9268 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSal View Post
    I just moved from California to Washington. Great place, but there are a few hoops to jump through for firearms owners. Nothing close to how crazy it is in Cali, and it’s a shame to see you go.

Coeur d’Alene and Sandpoint are beautiful though. Hopefully you ended up close to there.
    Actually I’ll be down in SE idaho. Pocatello/Chubbuck area. I’m looking forward to exploring the area and surrounding states.

Congrats on your move out of CA. I guess WA would be a upgrade coming from there. As someone who has lived in OR and WA my whole 48 years, it has definitely changed. It used to be very conservative but the last 15-20 years it has turned left. Now I’m seeing extreme left tendencies and I expect it to get worse with local governments supporting that. Really too bad because the PNW is so beautiful so long as you can deal with the rain.
    BigSal likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    13917 times
    Congrats Dave! It sucks that you were forced to leave, but just be glad you were able to. Too many people get stuck in States like the PRK and just can't move due to family, job, etc.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    749 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 22many View Post
    Actually I’ll be down in SE idaho. Pocatello/Chubbuck area. I’m looking forward to exploring the area and surrounding states.

Congrats on your move out of CA. I guess WA would be a upgrade coming from there. As someone who has lived in OR and WA my whole 48 years, it has definitely changed. It used to be very conservative but the last 15-20 years it has turned left. Now I’m seeing extreme left tendencies and I expect it to get worse with local governments supporting that. Really too bad because the PNW is so beautiful so long as you can deal with the rain.
    I've got a buddy that works in Boise and there are some great parts where you guys are moving to. You'll enjoy it!

I'm probably the most liberal guy on this forum though, so I have a different take on the PNW. It used to be being a democrat meant support for unions, and free speech.... its only recently where literal insanity has crept in. I'm hopeful more rational voices come forward so we don't end up dividing the country!
    Anyway, best of luck to you and yours, the new digs look badass!
    22many and otus like this.
    --> VEPR DOT ORG <--

Member #
    Liked
    1202 times
    It's posts like this that remind me to be very thankful for where I live. My neighbors don't care that I shoot, other than perhaps being curious about what I'm shooting. That's the way it should be. I do my part to keep it this way by contributing to the campaigns of the candidates who are on our side.
    Rights are inherent. They do not come from another's wallet.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4596 times
    Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    Wow! I did not know you moderators were so well paid.

Shit, I REALLY wanted to keep that on the down low.
    22many and 10Gauge like this.
    We've got a hell of a lot more in common with the fellow citizens we're being trained to hate than the puppetmasters training us to hate them.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    LOOKING FOR: EG SSG-82 5.45 bolt gun; Soviet (7.62), East German (7.62/5.45) and Romy (5.45) Barrels; nice EG or Soviet Makarov
    I organize and sell Commbloc weapon/parts/accessory collections and estates for those who cannot or would prefer not to, send a PM if interested.
    Kalashnikov Collectors Association

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4596 times
    Very nice area, dry and warmer than some other parts of the state. Saw that part of the state when I drove up to see the eclipse. Best of luck at your new homestead, we'll want to see how its turning out.
    We've got a hell of a lot more in common with the fellow citizens we're being trained to hate than the puppetmasters training us to hate them.
    LOOKING FOR: EG SSG-82 5.45 bolt gun; Soviet (7.62), East German (7.62/5.45) and Romy (5.45) Barrels; nice EG or Soviet Makarov
    I organize and sell Commbloc weapon/parts/accessory collections and estates for those who cannot or would prefer not to, send a PM if interested.

Member #
    Liked
    661 times
    Hey Buddy sorry you had to leave that beautiful home and property I sure understand how you feel. I live in Mass and hate this state but I am stuck here Wife has a business and I am getting to old to go through the hassle of moving and buying a new place. I almost moved to western VA a couple years ago glad I did not. I wish you my very best on your new home.
    22many likes this.
    11th air assault div 63 65 1st bn abn 8th cav 1st cav vietnam 65 66 11th special forces group 70-74 major sks and ak collector ammunition collector

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    153 times
    I hope you explore the hunting opportunities.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9268 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMomma View Post
    Congrats Dave! It sucks that you were forced to leave, but just be glad you were able to. Too many people get stuck in States like the PRK and just can't move due to family, job, etc.
    Thatís just it Rob, people are forced to move because of insane politicians. If not then itís either jump on board with what your against or be unhappy with everything everyday. Either choice you make your happiness is deteriorated. I found myself being negative daily about everything and just couldnít do it anymore. Weather has a lot to do with it also. Waking up everyday and itís majority rain and grey overcast doesnít help the mood.
    pwcosol likes this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9268 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAK View Post
    Very nice area, dry and warmer than some other parts of the state. Saw that part of the state when I drove up to see the eclipse. Best of luck at your new homestead, we'll want to see how its turning out.
    Warmest part of idaho. Trying to convince the wife to move to a place with more snow was not easy. The warmer summers, sunshine everyday, and minimal rain was the selling point. She is onboard with the move and is in the same boat as me as far as loosing our place and accepting how WA and OR has changed and will continue to change. But, she is looking towards the future at our new place and is excited about it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFootIn View Post
    I hope you explore the hunting opportunities.
    You know it! Idaho has over 1000 miles of ATV trails to explore also. So it will be nice to see what’s here in the way of hunting. About the only thing I’ll miss about moving is no ocean for crabbing and lack of salmon.
    otus likes this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4596 times
    Now you can build a homey-home to live in. Faux-marble palace looked pretty sterile with all the stuff moved out.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    13917 times
    Warmest part of idaho. Trying to convince the wife to move to a place with more snow was not easy. The warmer summers, sunshine everyday, and minimal rain was the selling point. She is onboard with the move and is in the same boat as me as far as loosing our place and accepting how WA and OR has changed and will continue to change. But, she is looking towards the future at our new place and is excited about it.

You know it! Idaho has over 1000 miles of ATV trails to explore also. So it will be nice to see what’s here in the way of hunting. About the only thing I’ll miss about moving is no ocean for crabbing and lack of salmon.
    Unless I'm mistaken, Idaho has the most BLM land in the lower 48, if not the entire country, so this should keep you busy for a few weeks at least.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9268 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAK View Post
    Now you can build a homey-home to live in. Faux-marble palace looked pretty sterile with all the stuff moved out.
    It is. It needs a lot of decor to make it feel homey. Luckily my wife loves doing stuff like that so it won’t be very long. The 3 car garage is over 1000 square feet with a uranil so plenty of space with a pisser to boot!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMomma View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, Idaho has the most BLM land in the lower 48, if not the entire country, so this should keep you busy for a few weeks at least.
    The crazy thing is that OR and WA has a lot of outdoor activities yet not many places ride ATVs or hike. Everything here is so heavily restricted it’s crazy. I’m looking forward to the freedom that idaho allows. With Wyoming and Montana being somewhat close, I’m sure I’ll keep busy for awhile. Which brings up another point. Ive explored OR and WA to the point that there is nothing new to see. Will be nice to see some new scenery.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsors