The only way to bring down the price of the Kalashnikov rifle....
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: The only way to bring down the price of the Kalashnikov rifle....

Member #
    Liked
    544 times

The only way to bring down the price of the Kalashnikov rifle....

The only way to bring down the price of the Kalashnikov pattern rifle is to lift all prohibitions on Russian and Chinese arms. We should all be focused like a laser in accomplishing this task...
    otus and trevorakm like this.
    --> VEPR DOT ORG <--

Member #
    Liked
    20016 times
    Have you been getting into the recreational medicine cabinet?

The assault on imports has been going on since Billary Clitoris. How in the hell do you propose to reverse this trend? I'm still waiting on those Cuban cigars!
    "There really is something broken between your ears. You know this, yes?" - Redbear

Closed captioned for the drinking impaired. Wait...

Member #
    Liked
    962 times
    We would have to have a true believer in the White House for that to happen. Trump's ok when it comes to gun rights, but he's not going to drop the bans and thereby expend his political capital for us. Plus, he's rather stuff be manufactured here than there anyway.
    BigSal, sniper48, LEO0526 and 1 others like this.
    Rights are inherent. They do not come from another's wallet.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 10Gauge View Post
    Don't ask, don't tell...

Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    We would have to have a true believer in the White House for that to happen.
    If anyone is spending any time advocating for ANYTHING other than the goal of lifting prohibition, they are wasting their time. Spend time doing something that matters...
    sameoldme likes this.
    --> VEPR DOT ORG <--

Member #
    Liked
    340 times

The assault on imports has been going on since Billary Clitoris. How in the hell do you propose to reverse this trend? I'm still waiting on those Cuban cigars!
    10Gauge there are the counterfeit Cuban cigars.
    BigSal, JeepFan and 10Gauge like this.

Member #
    Liked
    20016 times
    Quote Originally Posted by misc View Post
    10Gauge there are the counterfeit Cuban cigars.
    Damn it.. the Toro Brothers were right! These are Honduran cigars.
    "There really is something broken between your ears. You know this, yes?" - Redbear

Member #
    Liked
    234 times
    Unfortunately, the struggle now a days is keeping what we can still get, what has already been taken is long gone. That is why I have been on purchase panic mode for the past thirty years. That being said, there has been items on the market that I never dreamed of coming in, and even during the Obama occupation.
    BigSal, JeepFan, 10Gauge and 2 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    318 times

Sadly it was our "friends" in the government who screwed us. It was George Bush Senior who did THE BAN. All so called "assault rifles" were banned from import, Unfortunately domestic gun manufacturers lobbied for it. George Bush Junior did the barrel ban, that is why we get barrelless kits. Trump Banned the bump stocks. Clinton and Obama banned nothing other than the temporary Clinton Assault weapon ban
    BigSal, 10Gauge, scottyb and 2 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    234 times
    Not to argue, but Obama did the Russian ban, the ATF did the barrel ban, and Clinton did the China ban.
    BigSal, 10Gauge, scottyb and 3 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daefash View Post
    Sadly it was our "friends" in the government who screwed us. It was George Bush Senior who did THE BAN. All so called "assault rifles" were banned from import, Unfortunately domestic gun manufacturers lobbied for it. George Bush Junior did the barrel ban, that is why we get barrelless kits. Trump Banned the bump stocks. Clinton and Obama banned nothing other than the temporary Clinton Assault weapon ban
    Lets keep this one non-political. Both political parties have fucked us. Lets move forward, rather than looking back. We must identify the problem and face it. All other issues pale in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by treyak View Post
    Unfortunately, the struggle now a days is keeping what we can still get, what has already been taken is long gone.
    positive thinking is what we need now, not defeatism my friend. Once we identify the problem, we can face it head on.
    --> VEPR DOT ORG <--

Member #
    Liked
    679 times
    The only way to have a decline in AK prices is by having an increased supply.
    This will happen as PSA will put out more models at decent prices.
    Rifle Dynamics, Meridian, Definitive Arms, etc are not helping since they charge "boutique" prices for their products.

The last thing on Trump's mind is to have his name and Russia in the same sentence.
    It actually takes an act of Congress to lift the ban not a presidential order. That would actually be a scary thing. We certainly don't want our presidents to have that kind of power.

Now, there is the other factor in this price problem. The importers and distributors.

They are the ones setting the prices by restricting how many they release from their warehouse. They like to have the rifles trickle down to us so they can create this perceived low supply and high demand.

If, lets say, the Russians will be allowed to export their goods to us once again, you will see 20 rifles come in every other months and they will be sold out immediately. It keeps the demand high as well as the prices because you don't know when and if the new shipment will come in.

Classic Firearms is a good example of a bad company trying to create a false demand with a false supply in the market. They are sitting on piles of products which they release a little at a time thus assuring a continuation for their business and increased profits over time.

Oh, and let's not forget their Hand Select models which command a higher price for the same inferior quality.

So, yeah, let us all root for PSA's success, Kalashnikov USA too, and why not Zastava USA as well. Sorry if I did not mention others. Century will not be mentioned here as they don't deserve it. Oh snap! I think I just did.
    BigSal and scottyb like this.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    The only way to have a decline in AK prices is by having an increased supply.
    You are kind of all over the place so I'll address the best part of your post. When you exclude the highest volume producers from the market, you cannot achieve the kind of economy of scale you need to drive down prices. What we need is a halt to market manipulation and an end to prohibition. Full stop.
    --> VEPR DOT ORG <--

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by treyak View Post
    Not to argue, but Obama did the Russian ban, the ATF did the barrel ban, and Clinton did the China ban.
    Molot-Oruzhie was added under trump, but it is not the topic of this thread. Let’s stay clear of politics and focus on the single most important task of our lives here people: ending prohibition.
    --> VEPR DOT ORG <--

Member #
    Liked
    5122 times
    Damn it.. the Toro Brothers were right! These are Honduran cigars.
    Fake Cubans, first thing that came to mind,

As far as ending all the bans and import restrictions, doubtful, but I'd love to be so very wrong on that.
    TPinFl likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    20016 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daefash View Post
    Point. I forgot that Bush 1 was before Clitoris, but I was 13 when he left office.

I should clarify my post.... every administration whittled away at our 2A rights in some form or another, or at least attempted to. That's what I meant. Both "Sides" hack away at us.. We get complacent because of a letter following someone's name and we get screwed.
    Kalliste likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors