Like Tree46Likes

Thread: WARNING: PayPal Freezes Accounts - After 180 Days - Seizing Balances

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    648 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Regardless of any rules they may have, I just don't see how seizing someone's money is legal.
    It's probably not legal, but they can do it until someone takes them to court. And under the current agreement everyone signs with PayPal (that we don't read), arbitration is the only option and class-actions are prohibited.

In my case, the total they'll seize is around $800. That's about 4 hours of a decent lawyer's time. That makes it quixotic to pursue.

Regardless, I'm going to do everything I can to be a thorn in their side -- even if they give me my money back.

I just got a message in my PayPal account. We'll see what they said to my emails to their AUP folks...
    01 FFL, Gunsmith, and Prop Maker
    NRA Life Member - Benefactor
    GOA Life Member
    NSSF Member
    VCDL Member

Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    This cooperate stealing, is pretty easy though. They make use sign some useless form like they want to be intermediaries for a transaction. But they are after your Money, They take you Money, Get a host of heavenly Harvard lawyers, they can drag the case for years and watch the accuser grow tired and finally give up. While they keep stealing. No one can touch them.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    648 times
    Here's the response from PayPal I received today:

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

PayPalís [U.S./Canada] User Agreement states that sellers who violate our Acceptable Use Policy are liable for damages caused by the violation. Our policy also states that account holders acknowledge and agree that [$2,500 USD or $2,500 CAD] per violation is a reasonable minimum estimate of PayPalís actual damages.

Additionally, PayPal may deduct such damages directly from any existing balance in any PayPal account controlled by a seller who commits a violation of the Acceptable Use Policy. These types of violations covered include the sale of prohibited adult or offensive content, weapons, drugs, counterfeit goods, etc. We have dedicated teams and robust internal processes to ensure adherence to our Acceptable Use Policy, and the company may look to recover damages from sellers who have violated our agreement.

This is a longstanding contractual agreement with our sellers that was agreed upon during enrollment. Details of the User Agreement can be found on the User Agreement page of our website.

Sincerely,
    PayPal

Tell everyone about this. We need to get people abandoning PayPal for other services.

I no longer use them and don't even miss PayPal. My merchant processor is pro-Second Amendment and now gets a lot of that business. The ebay payments system gets a huge chunk as well.
    01 FFL, Gunsmith, and Prop Maker
    NRA Life Member - Benefactor
    GOA Life Member
    NSSF Member
    VCDL Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    543 times
    Quote Originally Posted by russian_bot_5791 View Post
    I would like to dig that rotten bitch up from her grave and feed her dusty bones to a pack of stray dogs.
    And just like that we disagree again... we probably shouldn't dig dead people up and feed their remains to dogs...

WTH?!?
    Grendeljaeger likes this.
    --> VEPR DOT ORG <--

Member #
    Liked
    420 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSal View Post
    And just like that we disagree again... we probably shouldn't dig dead people up and feed their remains to dogs...

WTH?!?
    Why not? They did it to the man who saved Spain from communism.

You either defeat your enemies and desecrate their graves and monuments or live to see them do it to yours. Half measures is what got us here.
    Delacroix likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    366 times
    Why not? They did it to the man who saved Spain from communism.

You either defeat your enemies and desecrate their graves and monuments or live to see them do it to yours. Half measures is what got us here.
    Yuuuuuuuup

Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Quote Originally Posted by philippes View Post
    Here's the response from PayPal I received today:

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

PayPal’s [U.S./Canada] User Agreement states that sellers who violate our Acceptable Use Policy are liable for damages caused by the violation. Our policy also states that account holders acknowledge and agree that [$2,500 USD or $2,500 CAD] per violation is a reasonable minimum estimate of PayPal’s actual damages.

Additionally, PayPal may deduct such damages directly from any existing balance in any PayPal account controlled by a seller who commits a violation of the Acceptable Use Policy. These types of violations covered include the sale of prohibited adult or offensive content, weapons, drugs, counterfeit goods, etc. We have dedicated teams and robust internal processes to ensure adherence to our Acceptable Use Policy, and the company may look to recover damages from sellers who have violated our agreement.

This is a longstanding contractual agreement with our sellers that was agreed upon during enrollment. Details of the User Agreement can be found on the User Agreement page of our website.

Sincerely,
    PayPal

Tell everyone about this. We need to get people abandoning PayPal for other services.

I no longer use them and don't even miss PayPal. My merchant processor is pro-Second Amendment and now gets a lot of that business. The ebay payments system gets a huge chunk as well.
    What a poorly drafter policy, created to only protect paypal, They don't protect anyone but themselves, I have never use them and never will.

Member #
    Liked
    317 times
    I love theakforum where everybody can have an opinion and discussion without fighting about it. OP!! Sorry for your loss, I do not want to use Paypal again after your post.
    Delacroix, scottyb and philippes like this.

Member #
    Liked
    465 times
    Yes.

Hooray! Crack-dealing felons released back onto the streets! EXACTLY why I voted for Trump! #MAGA

Imagine thinking that voting for some stuffed-shirt Koch-sucker politician is gonna "protect your rights" - especially your gun rights. My rights are protected by GOD and my trigger finger. This is why dressing up in camo and standing in a "freedom cage" - like that public humiliation that took place in VA - gets you absolutely nowhere.
    Sublime ^

Member #
    Liked
    465 times
    Iím old enough to remember a time when we didnít lock our cars or homes at night, and American companies valued their customers - who just so happened to be their workers and neighbors.

Fast forward 60 years, and American companies make a sport out of stealing and get away with it, grinning as they do so.

This country deserves to burn.

Member #
    Liked
    679 times
    If it helps you feel a little better, I haven't used PP in probably a year.
    It started out with their stance on gun control and deliberate attempt to limit our freedom.
    Why should my money go against me and my freedom (their fees help them fight against what I enjoy).
    philippes and MLK like this.

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAK View Post
    The possibility of these rules being altered to favor the consumer under a Republican-controlled Senate or FCC is absolutely zero. The takeaway lesson is that if you use PP, withdraw or transfer money to your bank account as soon as it comes in.
    Correct. This is the Koch-suckers "free market" Ayn Rand LOLbertarian nightmare world we are all forced to live in. Crushing consumers and stealing their money is A-OK because "muh free markets" and stuff. Somewhere along the line - thanks in part to lots of Koch-sucking - America went from "We'll throw your tea into the harbor" to "Corporations crushing your face with a hobnail boot is our values"!
    I really hope this is some kind of bad joke, because our economic system is light years away from anything Rand or libertarians would call "free".

PayPals user agreement doesn't need lawyer translation to realize that it's designed as "heads we win, tails you lose". That's one reason I don't keep a balance in PP for over 24 hours. 99% of my use of their service is friends and family transfers to buy stuff from individuals online. Nothing really there for them to seize.
    Last edited by jekbrown; 02-07-2020 at 06:46 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    1316 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAK View Post
    The possibility of these rules being altered to favor the consumer under a Republican-controlled Senate or FCC is absolutely zero. The takeaway lesson is that if you use PP, withdraw or transfer money to your bank account as soon as it comes in.
    This 1000%
    Oh god and his infinite wisdom would never have ordained that!

Member #
    Liked
    420 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jekbrown View Post
    I really hope this is some kind of bad joke, because our economic system is light years away from anything Rand or libertarians would call "free".
    Yeah it would be even worse if they had more influence than they already have - like zero restrictions on usury that the Koch-sucker brother who ran for president wanted as his #1 policy goal.

Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Quote Originally Posted by saigaman972 View Post
    This 1000%
    A lot of people don't know paypal is not escrow, PayPal is an errand boy you dump after you are done with it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors