CNC machines parts
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: CNC machines parts

Member #
    Liked
    26 times

CNC machines parts

I own an aerospace machine shop and while it's successful, i bought some new end of year machines for the tax man. No work for them yet so I figure maybe I can section off a part of our building and make some gun stuff with the extra spindle time and operate everything under our iso9001 quality managment.

I happen to like the ak platform over all others and wanted to see if there was a mildly decent market for items and see about being a vendor on here once we are ready to sell some stuff.

I'm already itar registered and I'll get the FFL paperwork going next week.

Thought about doing some saiga 12 stuff, maybe even making the entire rifle? Thoughts?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    scottyb and Mekanak47 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    5275 times
    There is a market but I can not say how big or if it would be worth the shop time.

What items are you looking at making?
    needs moar AK

or beer

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    I'm not sure yet. It was a last minute deal to buy the machine to bleed off some due tax money. Ended up buying two new mills and a lathe.

I've got some saiga12s and love them so figure I might start there or some ak stuff. I've personally wanted a billed receiver but couldn't ever understand why the price was so high and furthermore not made anymore.

I'd be open to suggestions for sure.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    211 times
    How about an affordable muzzle brake to fit the aforementioned Saiga 12? I have an exact design in mind if you’d like to hear more please ask. Thx.
    Big thanks to Moses1986, 10Gauge, Pookie, NFA ARMS, Duck Durbin and everyone that served this country.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    I'm interested, want to pm me?

Member #
    Liked
    383 times
    Why not custom AK and custom rifle items. I would exclude AR stuff and stick with bolt action and single action rifle. Unless you made an AR part that no one has made or better then any existing one. Best of luck and post what you make.
    "The enemy will never see the backs of my Texans" - Gen. Robert E. Lee CSA

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    I'm interested in all things ak. The at market is just stupid saturated. That said, I have some 5000 ar15 gas blocks someone had me make that never paid for.

What small custom ak things would you want to see made?

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Quote Originally Posted by as9d View Post
    I've personally wanted a billed receiver but couldn't ever understand why the price was so high and furthermore not made anymore.
    Well, the main reason is they need to be milled out of a solid block of steel. That is a lot of metal and a decent amount of machinery to do that. You end up with a very heavy receiver, albeit one that will last till the end of time.

The AK was designed from day 1 to have a stamped receiver. The milled receiver was a result of Russian inability to properly make the stamped sheet metal at the time they started production. A stop-gap measure abandoned once they had the machinery up and running. The milled receivers are expensive now because of their relative rarity and nobody bothering to actually keep making them because of their various downsides.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BobtheButcher View Post
    Well, the main reason is they need to be milled out of a solid block of steel. That is a lot of metal and a decent amount of machinery to do that. You end up with a very heavy receiver, albeit one that will last till the end of time.

The AK was designed from day 1 to have a stamped receiver. The milled receiver was a result of Russian inability to properly make the stamped sheet metal at the time they started production. A stop-gap measure abandoned once they had the machinery up and running. The milled receivers are expensive now because of their relative rarity and nobody bothering to actually keep making them because of their various downsides.
    I can see how there would be downsides got most folks but milling a receiver with today's machining technologies isn't a big deal at all.

$40 in material and an hour of machine time with some outside services like heat treat.

I wonder what the real weight difference is between a stamped and milled receiver. If imagine it's pretty close. Within a few ounces.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Attached is a saiga 12 muzzle brake I just drew. Thinking I might make one this week to test. Any thoughts?

Mekanak47, scottyb, lopojo and 1 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    211 times
    Maybe don’t cut so much off the bottom. Any pressure going down out of the brake will push the muzzle up making target acquisitions longer. NICE first design and while I obviously can’t tell you what to do, I have been thinking about this thing for a while and couldn’t find anyone to make one. A little more material left on the bottom will also add a little strength in case it hits the ground muzzle first.
    Big thanks to Moses1986, 10Gauge, Pookie, NFA ARMS, Duck Durbin and everyone that served this country.

Member #
    Liked
    3061 times
    Need some 4.5mm folder hardware.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wingnut308 View Post
    Need some 4.5mm folder hardware.
    Show me some examples

Member #
    Liked
    211 times
    Maybe after we get the brake ironed out we could work on a side rail optic mount that incorporates a mount for a 1” flashlight that won’t break the bank and can be operated by the thumb of the trigger hand while still on the grip. Of course we’ll need a pic rail on top for the optic.
    I have pics of my personal setup if needed.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekanak47 View Post
    Maybe after we get the brake ironed out we could work on a side rail optic mount that incorporates a mount for a 1” flashlight that won’t break the bank and can be operated by the thumb of the trigger hand while still on the grip. Of course we’ll need a pic rail on top for the optic.
    I have pics of my personal setup if needed.
    Let's see them.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsors