Tex Sen Cornyn introduces Gun Control Legislation (of all the states....)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Tex Sen Cornyn introduces Gun Control Legislation (of all the states....)

  1. #1
    Member

    Member #
    20468
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    96
    Liked
    4 times

    Tex Sen Cornyn introduces Gun Control Legislation (of all the states....)

    This guy needs to be told to back the heck up! Cornyn is attempting to introduce federal legislation called the Response Act that could affect builders here..."it would create a “nationwide task force” that is dedicated towards spying on, and punishing “law-abiding gun owners who build and occasionally sell their own firearms.”"

    If you live in Texas you need to call his office and let him know this will not stand if he wants to keep his job.
    They are answering as I just called and talked to someone: (512) 469-6034

    I read somewhere that one phone call is worth ten letters and worth 100 votes.....

  2. #2
    Senior Member

    Member #
    61625
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    238
    Liked
    421 times
    I keep hearing "move out of California", to which I always reply "where?"

  3. #3
    Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    7125
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Dark Side Of The Moon
    Posts
    24,664
    Liked
    11965 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    I keep hearing "move out of California", to which I always reply "where?"
    Anywhere else is a great start.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member

    Member #
    61625
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    238
    Liked
    421 times
    Going from Blue to Purple is not much of an improvement. Just a matter of time till it turns Blue.

  6. #5
    Senior Member

    Member #
    60041
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Land of the Midnight Sun
    Posts
    910
    Liked
    1127 times
    Can confirm from personal experience, Texas is slowly being taken over by Socialist who did everything they could to escape the mess they made back home, they are like locust.
    dixy2k likes this.

  7. #6
    Senior Member

    Member #
    27874
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    1,875
    Liked
    5023 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMomma View Post
    Anywhere else is a great start.
    This. As someone who escaped the liberal hell of New England, more freedom is not at all overrated.



    My condolences to our brothers and sisters behind the lines.


  8. #7
    Senior Member

    Member #
    61625
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    238
    Liked
    421 times
    Are you guys up to date with what is going on in Tucson AZ? Prop 205?
    It's spreading out like cancer.

  9. #8
    Senior Member

    Member #
    21423
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Santa Fe NM
    Posts
    551
    Liked
    69 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    I keep hearing "move out of California", to which I always reply "where?"
    How about America?

  10. #9
    Senior Member

    Member #
    19015
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,366
    Liked
    2155 times
    Link;
    https://www.cornyn.senate.gov/conten...mass-shootings
    Giving New Tools to Law Enforcement

    • Encouraging Internet Service Providers (ISPs) to Better Collaborate with Law Enforcement to Prevent Mass Shootings —Clarifies that internet service providers and online platforms have the authority to share information with law enforcement concerning acts of mass violence, hate crimes, or domestic terrorism.
    • Prosecuting Illegal Unlicensed Firearms Dealers—Creates nationwide federal, state, and local law enforcement task forces (modeled on Project Exile) to investigate and prosecute criminals who are violating current law by engaging in the business of selling firearms without a license or who provide false statements as part of a background check. Provides grant funding and reimbursement to state and local law enforcement who participate in these task forces.
    • Expediting the Death Penalty for Terrorist Mass Violence—Expedites administration of state death penalties for individuals who commit mass murder as part of a crime of international or domestic terrorism by limiting the scope of federal appeals.

  11. #10
    Senior Member

    Member #
    17427
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Near Philadelphia Pa
    Posts
    11,226
    Liked
    8200 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Link;
    https://www.cornyn.senate.gov/conten...mass-shootings
    Giving New Tools to Law Enforcement

    • Encouraging Internet Service Providers (ISPs) to Better Collaborate with Law Enforcement to Prevent Mass Shootings —Clarifies that internet service providers and online platforms have the authority to share information with law enforcement concerning acts of mass violence, hate crimes, or domestic terrorism.
    • Prosecuting Illegal Unlicensed Firearms Dealers—Creates nationwide federal, state, and local law enforcement task forces (modeled on Project Exile) to investigate and prosecute criminals who are violating current law by engaging in the business of selling firearms without a license or who provide false statements as part of a background check. Provides grant funding and reimbursement to state and local law enforcement who participate in these task forces.
    • Expediting the Death Penalty for Terrorist Mass Violence—Expedites administration of state death penalties for individuals who commit mass murder as part of a crime of international or domestic terrorism by limiting the scope of federal appeals.
    I agree with the last part. These Colorado, Parkland and others should be put to death, preferably when caught!

    Every else is stupid. Criminals aren't building guns but his definition of "building" probably means buying a few parts from Midway and putting them together.

  12. #11
    Senior Member

    Member #
    17427
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Near Philadelphia Pa
    Posts
    11,226
    Liked
    8200 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    Are you guys up to date with what is going on in Tucson AZ? Prop 205?
    It's spreading out like cancer.
    Sanctuary City proposal? Nothing in it about firearms, just what officers can and can't do with respect to illegal aliens
    Either way
    It got shot down. 23,562 (28.60%) in favor, 58,820 (72.40%) against.


    Going from blue to purple is an improvement. Sure, things can change but they haven't. Living on the east coast between NJ, NY to the north/northeast and MD, DC to the south I can still buy and own anything that's allowed for a civilian. Select fire, suppressors, I can carry, own standard capacity mags, have unmodified rifles (bullet buttons, stocks, bayonet lugs...etc.), have hollow points.in some cases it's better than Texas!

    Like Texas, Pa is shall issue ccw permit. But unlike Texas there is no classes to take, there are no 30.06 signs and you can legally carry in a place that sells alcohol regardless of how much they sell. Hell, there isn't even a law against carrying while shitfaced (not recommended though). The only place I can't carry is gov property and schools

    That's not to say they don't try, they do. Pittsburgh and Philadelphia, the two biggest and most liberal cities. On the the east side, one on the west. But everything in between is known as Pennsyltuky. The mayor of Pittsburgh just tried to bring in an assault weapon and ammo ban and was promptly shot down by the state Supreme Court because it violates Pa constitution
    Last edited by Arik; 11-06-2019 at 08:08 AM.

  13. #12
    Senior Member

    Member #
    19015
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,366
    Liked
    2155 times
    The trouble with these Muppet's writing Law is that they got in to politics because they were failed Attorney's.
    Just how much of the Constitution Cornyn would like to piss on is pretty vague, but his ignorance is readily apparent. He is appealing to the lowest common denominator, the Soccer Mom, She's also clueless about her First, Second and Fourth Amendment rights, but since she is driving her kids to school today in the Suburban, all she wants is to stop school shootings.
    If you really want to fix these issues, you need to first understand the Constitutional rights afforded to United States Citizens, then pull out the crayons and stay inside the lines. Otherwise you're trying to trade freedoms for safety and that simply isn't going to work. Let me pull out the ruler and slap your knuckles, it isn't allowed here, either in this State or this Country you moron.
    Fix it or F' off, Texas doesn't need Liberal Tyranny.
    JeepFan likes this.

  14. #13
    Member

    Member #
    20468
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    96
    Liked
    4 times
    Someone in another forum mentioned he might be trying to appease the left because he's afraid Beto (Not) might beat him in 2020 for the Texas race for senator. It is a sad state of affairs when we have to worry about this type of shit in Texas when we need to be focusing on economic and border/cartel issues.
    Averageman likes this.

  15. #14
    Senior Member

    Member #
    19015
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,366
    Liked
    2155 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Armadillo View Post
    Someone in another forum mentioned he might be trying to appease the left because he's afraid Beto (Not) might beat him in 2020 for the Texas race for senator. It is a sad state of affairs when we have to worry about this type of shit in Texas when we need to be focusing on economic and border/cartel issues.
    Beto has crapped in his hat and pulled it down rodeo tight.
    He's not a threat to anyone anymore but himself.

  16. #15
    Member

    Member #
    20468
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    96
    Liked
    4 times
    LOL.......Yeehaaaw Beto!

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.