What is the next parts kit on your list?
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree193Likes

Thread: What is the next parts kit on your list?

Member #
    Liked
    1178 times

What is the next parts kit on your list?

so... what's the next parts kit you're eyeballing? I just bought 2 1964 Romanian Model 63's. Should be here Monday. I think my next one will be another Polish KBK. Hard to choose between that and the AIMS-74. I haven't bought many kits lately. been busy with other stuff. hoping to get caught up for the year.
    Moses1986 and JeepFan like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1110 times
    Once I get re-employed, and all settled down here in Alaska, I want to try and find a AKS74u parts kit I know they are on the pricier side, and seem to be a little bit harder to find these days, but I really want one if it’s possible.
    corpsman5 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1178 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses1986 View Post
    Once I get re-employed, and all settled down here in Alaska, I want to try and find a AKS74u parts kit I know they are on the pricier side, and seem to be a little bit harder to find these days, but I really want one if it’s possible.

definitely on the pricey side. I consider myself lucky to have one. Mine happens to be an '86 Tula. I would love to have 2 more Russian's and a Bulgarian.
    Moses1986 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1110 times
    Quote Originally Posted by corpsman5 View Post
    definitely on the pricey side. I consider myself lucky to have one. Mine happens to be an '86 Tula. I would love to have 2 more Russian's and a Bulgarian.
    They are the one thing in my book that’s worth shelling out the $$, I figure Worst case scenario I track down an SLR-104ur and modify it It’d be nice to get a hold of a nice Tula though!!
    corpsman5 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Romy RPK kit most likely, unless I decide to sell a kidney and get a complete Romy PSL... after I finish my Izzy Khyber that is. And then there are a couple of ARs waiting for uppers and or barrels... the madness must stop lol
    The Khyber is at the top of the priority list though.
    corpsman5 likes this.
    He who fails to choose his battles wisely cannot win the war.

Member #
    Liked
    333 times
    Galil bro... I want one so bad. I just figure once it's all said and done I'll be in it 1500-2k. I'm having a kid though, so I'm currently on firearms diet. Shit sucks.

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    If the current ones I’m working or planning on working on, go smooth, and if it’s not too much more work compared to regular AK kits, I’d like to try an M76 after that. But that would still be a long time coming with how expensive they are and all that.

Member #
    Liked
    1178 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Galil bro... I want one so bad. I just figure once it's all said and done I'll be in it 1500-2k. I'm having a kid though, so I'm currently on firearms diet. Shit sucks.
    Galil kits aren't too bad... they're somewhere in the neighborhood of $350-$400. I think I've got 4 or 5 of them, but have yet to build one. Congrats on the kid!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    538 times
    I'm through buying kits for now, I have 30 kits that I need to start building now that I'm pretty much settled in after moving to AZ. I have a few multiples that I might trade if the right one comes along. The first being built are a SVD and EG 74N then M76

Member #
    Liked
    1178 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Haris122 View Post
    If the current ones I’m working or planning on working on, go smooth, and if it’s not too much more work compared to regular AK kits, I’d like to try an M76 after that. But that would still be a long time coming with how expensive they are and all that.
    I'm looking forward to building an M76. I've got a few of the kits. They are a little more now than they were when I got mine, but I think the price is still pretty good for what they are.
    howiebearse likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Obstreperous View Post
    I'm through buying kits for now, I have 30 kits that I need to start building now that I'm pretty much settled in after moving to AZ. I have a few multiples that I might trade if the right one comes along. The first being built are a SVD and EG 74N then M76
    30 kits! So you’re one of those SOB’s that buys and hoards kits so the rest of us can’t find them. I mean, I accept it, it’s capitalism, but seriously man, if you have more than a dozen unbuilt kits, you’re just hurting the hobby in my honest opinion.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention the Galil kit sitting on the shelf right now. With all the other plates I've got spinning I might decide to let it go to a good home and get built. Could invest the money into something else.
    He who fails to choose his battles wisely cannot win the war.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    538 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cincymaga View Post
    30 kits! So you’re one of those SOB’s that buys and hoards kits so the rest of us can’t find them. I mean, I accept it, it’s capitalism, but seriously man, if you have more than a dozen unbuilt kits, you’re just hurting the hobby in my honest opinion.
    I bought kits because I could. I have not built most because I lived in CA until 5 months ago. You could not or would not pay for most of my kits. I have also done more for this hobby and countless builders then you ever will. So to sum it up I could care less about your opinion.
    corpsman5, maus45, JeepFan and 3 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1178 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cincymaga View Post
    this is literally one of the dumbest comments I've ever read on this forum. if you've got a problem with people buying kits in any number, you should probably just show yourself to the door. most serious collectors/builders have at least that many kits. hell, I've got 40-50 myself. I think I'm going to buy more next week just so you can't get them. just 'cause I can, and I'm an evil kit hoarding SOB.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    538 times
    Not to piss anyone off but boxes of goodness. I also have barrels and receivers for all kits. Also matching scopes for a Yugo M76 and Polish AKMSL besides scopes for another M76 and EG MPi-AKS 74N

AqpGASKl.jpg j5baDbjl.jpg dUK4xBkl.jpg

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors