Colt To Cease Commercial Rife Production. - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Colt To Cease Commercial Rife Production.

Member #
    Liked
    569 times
    Some stuff like a forward assist and lpk I'd prefer be Colt or better because I really dont want issues.

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    3622 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    What happened to the PPQ?

Also, where is that?
    I honestly got bored of the PPQ man. Still love em, but got a 1987 West German Sig P226 this year and have become obsessed with Sigs currently. It never ends man haha. I live in NEPA now, that pic was taken at the Archibald public range. So much nicer than the public range near Philly (French Creek I think?)

Still love striker fire guns, but man I get a hell of a lot more joy shooting the Sig than any other full size 9 I have ever owned. I impulsively bought a P239 that was at a LGS for a good price, but I probably will get rid of that some day for a P228. It's a neat gun though-

Messages Image(2030183437).jpg
    Arik, 43m1garand and Thrasher like this.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"

-Benjamin Franklin

Member #
    Liked
    8168 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiorentino View Post
    I honestly got bored of the PPQ man. Still love em, but got a 1987 West German Sig P226 this year and have become obsessed with Sigs currently. It never ends man haha. I live in NEPA now, that pic was taken at the Archibald public range. So much nicer than the public range near Philly (French Creek I think?)

Still love striker fire guns, but man I get a hell of a lot more joy shooting the Sig than any other full size 9 I have ever owned. I impulsively bought a P239 that was at a LGS for a good price, but I probably will get rid of that some day for a P228. It's a neat gun though-

Messages Image(2030183437).jpg
    I know French Creak. Been there a few times. Is it that weird range where you drive past a small residential area until the pavement ends then up a steep rocky path that leads to the range?

Have two of those W. Germans. Almost bought an old 239 but in the end it didn't make sense. Had two German 228s but had issues with the grips

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2132 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 43m1garand View Post
    So what do you think of Philly and Detroit swat going with Sig? You said there were problems but they have to have some reliability testing to be used by swat. At least I would hope so.
    I read an article about ARs and the low cost ones do not hold up in shooting classes. Sorry about remembering details on articles I read. I read a lot about guns, news and my hobbies. So if I don't save an article, after I while I become fuzzy on details.
    And by the way, I am not trying to bash Colt. Just trying to learn more about ARs. I would not mind having a 6920. I should have bought one a while back. I also like the FN 15.
    I've owned two made in America Sig carbines, both were major failures.
    One a Sig SWAT Patrol (5.56) went back and Sig had it for six months. The problem came down to Sig not putting the barrel on straight and not catching it during QA/QC.
    The second was a (7.62x39) failure in that with Russian steel magazines the receiver began to spit aluminium slivers with each magazine change.

That's the just of it, I wouldn't own a made in America Sig again, they didn't have a clue. When Sig wouldn't take their rifle back, I haunted the gun boards and posted about my experiences, eventually I got a call back from their V.P. of Sales in North America. Finally someone listened.
    Their guns are crap and if the SWAT team wants them, they must be left on the shelves and not often used.

If you want to know about M4's/AR's go to M4 Carbine.net. I would guess you have about a months worth of reading to do. Read a lot and ask questions carefully.

Member #
    Liked
    360 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I couldn't tell you how many companies produce nice quality AR15's but it's definitely a lot. I believe Colt AR's would sell if they actually gave the consumer a reason to buy, but they don't. Colt sells basic bitch AR15's at a premium price in a world where nobody wants a basic bitch AR15. Besides that, over the years the biggest reason to buy a Colt was mostly because it was the standard military issued rifle for so long, but even that is not what it once was. Colt is behind the times and their civilian market slump has been brought on by them and them only.
    Yeah most military M4A1s are actually FN-USA made
    43m1garand likes this.
    "Quite an experience to live in fear isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."
    "Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement."

Member #
    Liked
    52378 times
    Published 09/19/2019
    Company Response to Questions about Colt Participation in Consumer Markets

https://www.colt.com/news/2630
    recon likes this.
    pics / vid required for validation

Member #
    Liked
    8168 times
    And the news is all over this. Even Beto!

Member #
    Liked
    52378 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    And the news is all over this. Even Beto!
    I've seen this news all over the internet tonight

Drudge has it highlighted in red
    https://apnews.com/fbdf5e5f6d654332bbedfaffe3663154
    Last edited by TRAAK's; 09-19-2019 at 07:21 PM. Reason: link fix'd
    pics / vid required for validation

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    It’s most likely about getting financing! Most banks are not going to finance the gun industry If they supply weapons to the civilian market. Colt did the same thing in the 90s. I could tell you I’m not buying any of there piece of shit pistols!

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    I could be wrong but I think this is short term and temporary to catch up with some LE and Mil contracts.

I like my colts. And my BCMs. None have ever had a malfunction.

I tend to buy more BCMs only because they have way more options.

Hope this isn’t permanent, I could use a couple more 6920s.

Member #
    Liked
    333 times
    I took a break from this thread, but I'm going to make an attempt at reinserting myself without having to battle it out.

If AR15's backed behind the allmighty Colt name "aren't selling" how they would like (for whatever reason), just how do they plan on expanding and selling a revolver product line?

Revolvers are cool and all, but I think it's safe to say that generally speaking, revolvers tend to interest the older crowd. That's totally fine and theres nothing wrong with that, but it would seem to me like the Colt revolvers of interest are usually the older and more collectible ones. So, from the the perspective of manufacturing guns for profit, wouldn't it make more sense to expand into the polymer game? After all, both the young and old buy polymer pistols.

Could there be more going on here than manufacturing issues, has Colt gone full fudd, or is this yet another example of consumer disconnect?

WE WANT GUNS, WE WANT GUNS!!!

Oh, you want guns? OK here have a potato...

But... everything could be just fine and in a few months we'll get Colts again. I just like stirring the pot of paranoia and sparking ideas.
    Last edited by Pookie; 09-19-2019 at 10:33 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    449 times
    Sounds like they need to catch up for the Military contracts and then back to building for the consumer. But they have enough in the pipe line for now. Time will tell if they survive this one.

http://soldiersystems.net/2019/09/20...ll-in-the-game
    Last edited by recon; 09-20-2019 at 08:37 AM.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Someone used Colt in the same sentence as KAC, LWRC, LMT and HK. Sorry, I had to say that

Member #
    Liked
    8168 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I took a break from this thread, but I'm going to make an attempt at reinserting myself without having to battle it out.

If AR15's backed behind the allmighty Colt name "aren't selling" how they would like (for whatever reason), just how do they plan on expanding and selling a revolver product line?

Revolvers are cool and all, but I think it's safe to say that generally speaking, revolvers tend to interest the older crowd. That's totally fine and theres nothing wrong with that, but it would seem to me like the Colt revolvers of interest are usually the older and more collectible ones. So, from the the perspective of manufacturing guns for profit, wouldn't it make more sense to expand into the polymer game? After all, both the young and old buy polymer pistols.

Could there be more going on here than manufacturing issues, has Colt gone full fudd, or is this yet another example of consumer disconnect?

WE WANT GUNS, WE WANT GUNS!!!

Oh, you want guns? OK here have a potato...

But... everything could be just fine and in a few months we'll get Colts again. I just like stirring the pot of paranoia and sparking ideas.
    They may have a separate smaller area allocated to revolvers. They probably know theses won't sell a lot and they make accordingly. Whereas they pump out ARs fairly often.

Sorta like when ammo manufacturers make tons of standard calibers and once in a while pump out some uncommon ones

Member #
    Liked
    98 times
    I do actually believe their line about market saturation. There are a lot of ARs out there. Any time a market is saturated you have to either have the cheapest or the best. Middle of the road doesn't cut it.

They'll resume when the next scare hits.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors