Good place to find current Russian surplus
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Good place to find current Russian surplus

  1. #1
    Senior Member

    Member #
    63995
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    105
    Liked
    12 times
    What are some places to find current/more recent Russian surplus stuff?

    I’m looking for a digital flora AK chest rig, flora pouches etc, but I just like browsing surplus stuff in general.


    I also like the Russian version of flektarn (can’t remember the name... Partizan?)

    I like the digital flora pattern gear, but most of it on eBay ships from Russia. I don’t know much
    about import laws and what’s legal and what not.

    Don’t want to break any laws and don’t want anything seized at customs.

    Thanks guys!

  2. #2
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    45393
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,665
    Liked
    2020 times
    scottyb, trevorakm and ltdan541 like this.



  3. #3
    Senior Member

    Member #
    63995
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    105
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeZulu View Post
    Thank you! Will check it out.

    And is there any issue ordering stuff from Russia? I know there’s some import bans and stuff from there but I have no clue if that relates to individual purchasing and stuff like that.

    *id assume stuff like body armor would probably be something that’s not ‘allowed’ to be imported? Don’t really need any more, but I do like the Russian helmet style.

    Damn collector mentality... always broke haha
    Last edited by Jeeps; 09-04-2019 at 10:47 PM.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member

    Member #
    879
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Salem, OREGON & Szeged Hungary
    Posts
    2,049
    Liked
    1471 times
    Customs is customs dude, you roll the dice and that is all.

    But when you add that the Chinese are sending Fentanyl in the mail and also glock auto sears....customs is clamping down on things now...this isn't the while west anymore.
    JoeMomma likes this.

  6. #5
    Senior Member

    Member #
    63995
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    105
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PRDUBI View Post
    Customs is customs dude, you roll the dice and that is all.

    But when you add that the Chinese are sending Fentanyl in the mail and also glock auto sears....customs is clamping down on things now...this isn't the while west anymore.
    Would you say ordering from Russia a potentially higher risk than ordering from say Poland? I’ve found some surplus sites in Poland that have a lot of Russian stuff as well.

    Truthfully don’t know how customs works.

    Sorry for not understanding, I don’t do much international shopping. I’ve only ordered a few small Enfield parts from the UK, both being screws.

  7. #6
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    45393
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,665
    Liked
    2020 times
    FWIW I ordered from Greyshop a couple years ago the parcel took just over a month to get to me. It spent most of that time in Russia either in their post offices or customs waiting to get cleared for transit. Once released, it went through NYC, sat there for 2 or 3 days, and was on my doorstep a couple days later. Greyshop supplied me with tracking and that transferred when it went into the USPS system so I knew its status the entire time. You can contact them on their site via chat and they're pretty good at getting back to you. They speak adequate English.

    Legion USA is another source for modern Russian gear that's based out of S.Florida.



  8. #7
    Senior Member

    Member #
    63995
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    105
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeZulu View Post
    FWIW I ordered from Greyshop a couple years ago the parcel took just over a month to get to me. It spent most of that time in Russia either in their post offices or customs waiting to get cleared for transit. Once released, it went through NYC, sat there for 2 or 3 days, and was on my doorstep a couple days later. Greyshop supplied me with tracking and that transferred when it went into the USPS system so I knew its status the entire time. You can contact them on their site via chat and they're pretty good at getting back to you. They speak adequate English.

    Legion USA is another source for modern Russian gear that's based out of S.Florida.
    Good to know, thanks. I didn’t know legion had stuff like that! Greyshop has a lot of cool stuff. Judging by the fact that the helmets are not ballistic helmets, I assume as long as I don’t order body armor and stuff from Russia it’s probably not an issue and I’m sure I’m just over thinking it.

    I imagine the odds of losing something at customs is slim, but I don’t know if the sanctions and import bans on Russia have an effect on say me ordering stuff from there.

    (Don’t have a clue how that stuff works!)

    I got a Partizan Scout suit off eBay as it was already here in the US and seemed easier.

  9. #8
    Senior Member

    Member #
    63653
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    106
    Liked
    57 times
    I would LOVE to have one of those russian military t-shirts , the ones with the blue and white stripes....also one of those funky hats(called the budenya or somethign after a soviet general)

  10. #9
    Senior Member

    Member #
    63995
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    105
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Axel Foley View Post
    I would LOVE to have one of those russian military t-shirts , the ones with the blue and white stripes....also one of those funky hats(called the budenya or somethign after a soviet general)
    Which hat? Happen to have a photo? I know of the Ushanka winter hats, but not familiar with the budenya.

    I do see the striped Navy shirts (I believe they are Russian navy shirts?) for sale often on a lot of places. I assume they are usually replicas however on eBay.

  11. #10
    Senior Member

    Member #
    62737
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    557
    Liked
    283 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeps View Post
    Which hat? Happen to have a photo? I know of the Ushanka winter hats, but not familiar with the budenya.

    I do see the striped Navy shirts (I believe they are Russian navy shirts?) for sale often on a lot of places. I assume they are usually replicas however on eBay.
    They wear whatever I assume they can get in the Russian Navy lol. I've seen them up close and personal and they wear what appears to be a combo of random uniform items and civilian attire. I believe the striped shirts are under garments but don't quote me. The guys on the bridge will have uniforms which appear to be dress uniforms but I have no idea. They arent nearly as bad as Iranians though. Those fuckers look like they picked up homeless guys to man their shit. You'll literally have like one guy in a Vietnam era looking top wearing jean's, one could only assume hes the guy in charge.

    But back to the Russians, their intel ships are pieces of shit that look like they're ready to keel over and die. I have no clue what actually goes on in their mo betta boats, but I would guess it's all the same. I sat outside watching these idiots try to put a RHIB in the water to what seemed like forever. They aren't like ours. We drop the boat crew with the RHIB all at the same time, once they hit the water they disconnect and go. The Russians (maybe not all) have a metal staircase that extends sideways and down to get personel on and off. It looked very sketchy and did them no favors in "moving with a purpose".

    I don't know if you've been in the military or whatever but it blows my mind to see how primitive a lot of it is, especially other countries. Some of their stuff is just like god damn, no way would I have any part of that mess. We had to do a refueling exercise with I dunno Eygpt or some shit. Anyway we were playing the refueling ship and they were to receive, they had no capability to do so though. They just stood these 3 sorry assholes out in the hot sun wearing reflective vests and hardhats waving around flags. We had no idea what they were doing and I'm almost certain the guys with the flags didnt either.

    When call these people assholes and idiots it's not that because I think America is superior and everyone else can get fucked, I'm saying it because it's literally the behavior I've observed. Watching other militaries outside of European can be a hilarious experience. I'm sure it can't all be the same all across the board, but definently they are truly fucked up in a special way. I'm would probably have to say its who they recruit and their budget to train.
    Last edited by Pookie; 09-05-2019 at 01:31 PM.
    robo4642 likes this.

  12. #11
    Senior Member

    Member #
    63995
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    105
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeps View Post
    Which hat? Happen to have a photo? I know of the Ushanka winter hats, but not familiar with the budenya.

    I do see the striped Navy shirts (I believe they are Russian navy shirts?) for sale often on a lot of places. I assume they are usually replicas however on eBay.
    They wear whatever I assume they can get in the Russian Navy lol. I've seen them up close and personal and they wear what appears to be a combo of random uniform items and civilian attire. I believe the striped shirts are under garments but don't quote me. The guys on the bridge will have uniforms which appear to be dress uniforms but I have no idea. They arent nearly as bad as Iranians though. Those fuckers look like they picked up homeless guys to man their shit. You'll literally have like one guy in a Vietnam era looking top wearing Jean's, one could only assume hes the guy in charge.
    Wow! Haha that’s surprising. I believe you are correct on the striped shirts being under garments.

    Jeans and a Vietnam era jacket. Reminds me of a photo in one of my Vietnam books of a couple navy seals in jeans and uniform tops.

  13. #12
    Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    7125
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Dark Side Of The Moon
    Posts
    24,559
    Liked
    11704 times
    I've ordered several things from Russia before off of Ebay, and never had a problem. My advice is to look around on Ebay first, because if customs steals your stuff, you can get your money back no problem.
    trevorakm and JeepFan like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

  14. #13
    Senior Member

    Member #
    63995
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    105
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMomma View Post
    I've ordered several things from Russia before off of Ebay, and never had a problem. My advice is to look around on Ebay first, because if customs steals your stuff, you can get your money back no problem.
    Will do. Good to know about getting a refund if customs seizes it. Thanks JoeMamma.

  15. #14
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    45393
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,665
    Liked
    2020 times
    Word to the wise- eBay may not necessarily refund your money if there's customs seizure. If you're given a tracking #(and if you're not the seller is total bush league) tracking will indicate if there's a customs intervention. If that happens, there's a good chance you done fucked... like "ITAR fucked up." There's also a good chance that you've violated eBay's terms and condition if you've in fact bought illegal items. If they determine this, good chance you're SOL. You'll then soon be getting a letter from customs informing you that your shipment has been seized. That is typically as far as they'll take it unless you're FUCKED UP-fucked up and the stuff you ordered is so illegal they may take legal action against you. eBay guarantees only go so far and they are not ironclad. As I mentioned in the recent Walmart thread:

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeZulu View Post
    eBay's screwed me a couple times but I've also screwed them back. It's not hard.
    ...That activity stemmed from me getting fucked out of payments and refunds from eBay.

    It looks like you're only interested in soft goods so you're not at risk of an ITAR seizure.



  16. #15
    Senior Member

    Member #
    63995
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    105
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeZulu View Post
    Word to the wise- eBay may not necessarily refund your money if there's customs seizure. If you're given a tracking #(and if you're not the seller is total bush league) tracking will indicate if there's a customs intervention. If that happens, there's a good chance you done fucked... like "ITAR fucked up." There's also a good chance that you've violated eBay's terms and condition if you've in fact bought illegal items. If they determine this, good chance you're SOL. You'll then soon be getting a letter from customs informing you that your shipment has been seized. That is typically as far as they'll take it unless you're FUCKED UP-fucked up and the stuff you ordered is so illegal they may take legal action against you. eBay guarantees only go so far and they are not ironclad. As I mentioned in the recent Walmart thread:

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeZulu View Post
    eBay's screwed me a couple times but I've also screwed them back. It's not hard.
    ...That activity stemmed from me getting fucked out of payments and refunds from eBay.

    It looks like you're only interested in soft goods so you're not at risk of an ITAR seizure.
    Yeah I’ll have to look more into ITAR stuff. Isn’t that like gun parts totaling $100+ and body armor, firearms, etc?

    I’d be surprised if like fatigues, pouches, and stuff was not allowed.

    Easy solution will be to try to find stuff already in the US. I’ll just be patient.

 

 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.