Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: How To Bypass The SBR Stamp Legally

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11730 times
    Forgot to add that the stock/holster combination has to be original manufactured one, not a repro. This law is a lot like the 922 law...nobody I know of has ever been prosecuted for using a repro, but the law is the law.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11730 times
    Quote Originally Posted by myst173 View Post
    Neat to see a volley sight on a hi-power. They're not meant for aimed fire, they're meant for ranged fire. Same as the 1500+ ones you'll see on old bolt actions from pre-ww1 and ww1. If they were expecting the enemy to come out of a facing trench, or be in formation for a charge an order would go out to fix sights to xxxx yds, they'd adjust to xxxx yds and when the call to fire was given hundred or thousands of bullets would be hitting in that range. It was an early way to get massed fire on locations pre fixed machine gun days, or even combined with fixed machine gun fire. It carried on into ww2 but luckily ww2 didn't see a lot of trench warfare of the type that occured during ww1.
    Great looking setup by the way, that setup and a stocked "artillery" lugar are both on my want list.
    Not a volley sight, but one made specifically to increase the range on the pistol. Volley sights generally are for well over 1000 yards/meters.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    4934 times
    Great. I got rid of all of my Hi-Powers years ago and now I have to see these beauties. Ima blamin' JoeMomma if I end up buying a hi-power again.
    JoeMomma and scottyb like this.
    When you're the Big Dog, the fleas want to take you down. Fact of life.
    Everyone's beautiful on the inside, until I'm through with them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11730 times
    Do it....
    sniper48 likes this.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    2795 times
    Thats sweet. Joe, whats a ballpark figure of what that would set someone back if they were in the market?

Member #
    Liked
    527 times
    Nice. So a Stechkin is back on my reality list....

Member #
    Liked
    8065 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bansh88 View Post
    Nice. So a Stechkin is back on my reality list....
    ? You can get a Stechkin?

Member #
    Liked
    849 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMomma View Post
    Forgot to add that the stock/holster combination has to be original manufactured one, not a repro.
    As originally paired together from the factory? Or, just an original pistol along with an original stock that doesn't have to be the one that originally shipped with the pistol?

This law is a lot like the 922 law...nobody I know of has ever been prosecuted for using a repro, but the law is the law.
    I know this is in the regulations and this is how they enforce the law, but I've never seen actual written law to this effect. I don't know how it could even be in the law as the NFA was written prior to these pistols being produced. If you know of the particular text of the law that applies here, I'd certainly appreciate a link.
    Rights are inherent. They do not come from another's wallet.

Member #
    Liked
    4768 times
    Outstanding Joe. I've always liked the looks of shoulder stocked pistols.

I'm looking forward to your results at distance.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11730 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    As originally paired together from the factory? Or, just an original pistol along with an original stock that doesn't have to be the one that originally shipped with the pistol?

I know this is in the regulations and this is how they enforce the law, but I've never seen actual written law to this effect. I don't know how it could even be in the law as the NFA was written prior to these pistols being produced. If you know of the particular text of the law that applies here, I'd certainly appreciate a link.
    It does not matter, it just needs to be original. I have no link for this particular law, but once you add a shoulder stock to a pistol, it becomes an SBR. Its really no different than buying a Krink pistol, then deciding one fine day to just add a shoulder stock...verboten.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    There was a forgotten weapons video on it if I’m not mistaken, and I believe he talked about the Chinese Hi Power w/ stock being NFA exempt.

I’ve heard that “if it’s C&R and original it’s exempt,” but I’ve heard that’s not true as well and a felony.

I believe it’s very specific models of guns that are exempt, and it is not a blanket “C&R is OK!” Type of ordeal.

I -believe- there are some hi powers, some broom handle mausers, and a few other pistols that have been OK’d, but it is not all of them, even if they are C&R.

Trying to find info on it to post here.

Either way, awesome pistol JoeMamma.

Excited to see range report. Try it at 500 yards!
    Last edited by Jeeps; 09-04-2019 at 03:34 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    According to this, (correct me if I’m wrong. I just skimmed it!) it seems ‘any’ Chinese contract Hi Power with Tangent sight and ORIGINAL stock (does not have to be SN#’d to pistol) can have the stock added.

http://www.titleii.com/bardwell/atf_letter70.txt

Seems it’s a specific list of what OK and what’s not. I assume they have a list of serial numbers and markings to determine. But I believe there’s some Lugers, some C96s, and some hi powers that can legally have stocks.

I’d suggest anyone that owns one of these and wants to confirm should write the ATF to play it safe.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    However!

http://www.titleii.com/bardwell/atf_letter58.txt

This letter seems to state a reproduction stock IS ok on a luger or hi power.

Gets confusing!

Member #
    Liked
    8065 times
    This is a little dated but .

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    This is a little dated but .
    Interesting! So they say all pre 1940 are exempted from NFA laws.

Wow now I want one haha.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors