Walmart to stop selling ammo....or at least some
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Walmart to stop selling ammo....or at least some

Member #
    Liked
    8170 times

Walmart to stop selling ammo....or at least some

Hard to understand from the article but it seems like Wally world is going to stop selling 223/556 and possibly handgun ammo. The way it's worded is kinda confusing but definitely 223/556.

https://news.yahoo.com/walmart-stop-...170438526.html

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8457 times
    F walmart!

I support places that support americans rights.
    misc, scottyb and btr like this.

Member #
    Liked
    8170 times
    Yea I have a feeling they're going to be loosing a lot of customers.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8457 times
    I dont know. The gun hobby seemed to surge since trump became president so i know their sales dropped since then. Now? Unfortunately people say one thing and do another.
    Ram Rod likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    The only reason I even shopped at Walmart was because I could get ammo at the same time.

If they stop selling ammo I have zero reason to go back. Fleet farm has decently good prices too. Not as cheap but cheaper than cabelas.

Member #
    Liked
    8170 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 22many View Post
    I dont know. The gun hobby seemed to surge since trump became president so i know their sales dropped since then. Now? Unfortunately people say one thing and do another.
    Maybe, but Dicks took a hard hit during the same time frame.

For me it's not a big deal since I only order online or occasionally buy at the gun store. The two Walmarts near me....one doesn't sell anything firearms related and the other has some ammo but nothing I'm interested in. However, I do buy other stuff there. Stupid things like socks, undershirts, occasionally jeans for work. But I can get that elsewhere. Problem is it's becoming harder and harder to support anyone.
    22many and otus like this.

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    That sucks if it’s the case. One of the big highlights for me when I go there for groceries is the shooting and fishing sections. And I’ve usually been able to find pretty cheap handgun ammo there at the same time. On top of that, with walmart not in the game anymore I bet others would hike the prices up that much more. Couldn’t do that when you could find it reasonably priced at walmart.

Member #
    Liked
    70 times
    this could be good for mom an d pop gun stores
    scottyb and btr like this.

Member #
    Liked
    8170 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Axel Foley View Post
    this could be good for mom an d pop gun stores
    I don't see why it wouldn't be or why it isn't now. I can only speak for my experience but my Walmart has like 5 different brands at the same price as the gun stores

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I stopped shopping at walmart years ago when it got too scummy for me. I go to Meijer and Kroger now. They can virtue signal all they want-I didn't plan on setting foot in one of those shitholes any time soon anyway.
    "All we know about the new economic world tells us that nations which train engineers will prevail over those which train lawyers. No nation has ever sued its way to greatness.

Member #
    Liked
    314 times
    I go online nowadays when it's time otherwise the local Cabelas.

Member #
    Liked
    460 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Maybe, but Dicks took a hard hit during the same time frame.

For me it's not a big deal since I only order online or occasionally buy at the gun store. The two Walmarts near me....one doesn't sell anything firearms related and the other has some ammo but nothing I'm interested in. However, I do buy other stuff there. Stupid things like socks, undershirts, occasionally jeans for work. But I can get that elsewhere. Problem is it's becoming harder and harder to support anyone.
    I think that's a myth that originated on forums like this, I can't find any data other than anecdotal blurbs published on pro 2A websites to support it. If you look at their NYSE data Dicks took a stock price hit in late 2017 and has been actually doing better gradually ever since. The period when they announced their new policies (March of 19) saw a slight dip, but it was back and better a month later. Their earnings have been steady over the last 5 years. The policy change did nothing.

Dicks knew it wouldn't hurt them in the long run to go anti 2A, and Walmart does too. It's a sad fact that people are unwilling to put their money where their mouth is and actually stop shopping at these places.

Member #
    Liked
    8170 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SD01 View Post
    I think that's a myth that originated on forums like this, I can't find any data other than anecdotal blurbs published on pro 2A websites to support it. If you look at their NYSE data Dicks took a stock price hit in late 2017 and has been actually doing better gradually ever since. The period when they announced their new policies (March of 19) saw a slight dip, but it was back and better a month later. Their earnings have been steady over the last 5 years. The policy change did nothing.

Dicks knew it wouldn't hurt them in the long run to go anti 2A, and Walmart does too. It's a sad fact that people are unwilling to put their money where their mouth is and actually stop shopping at these places.
    I don't honestly don't think it will matter to Walmart since they're not a firearms store. They're a general store that happens to have some ammo

Member #
    Liked
    5102 times
    I have not bought ammo at a wally wurld in 15 years. I do minimal shopping there.

Buy in bulk, delivered to the door.
    needs moar AK

or beer

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11865 times
    Sometimes if I was there for other things, I would buy 100 rds of 9mm, but now...fuck em.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors