A Glock After 86000 Rounds - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: A Glock After 86000 Rounds

Member #
    Liked
    1592 times
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeZulu View Post
    Nice one, Wilhelm. I'm definitely showing this link around to some of my people.

...The EG Raindrop Camo backdrop was a nice touch!

Thank you sir. I try to put a little bit of Germania in most things I do every day. It's in my blood.

Member #
    Liked
    286 times
    Glocks are my go to pistols because of many factors. That's not to say there isn't comparible or better options, but at blue label pricing, they're really hard to beat. I only own other pistols because I can and enjoy doing so. That's awesome you've got so much life out of it. Why retire it? Make it an even 100k!
    Wilhelm, JoeMomma and Gypsy like this.

Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Im impressed and a bit surprised
    Wilhelm likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2089 times
    I own three Gen 3 Glocks. I can honestly say I've never had a hick up with any of them.
    If they need anything it's night sights that are metal. We live in a time where you can buy a Glock and honestly that's the only handgun you'll need​ for the rest of your life.
    Wilhelm, JoeMomma and JeepFan like this.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    First - makes me feel a lot better about the 2 Glocks i own. My Glock 31 is my go to war gun. It is set up for 357sig, .40 and 9mm as the Glock 17 magazines fit, just needed a barrel change and a recoil spring change.
    Second, that is around $20,000 in ammo. That is a lot of practice. Appreciate the post.

Member #
    Liked
    1592 times
    The guy who owns the pistol pictured also has some Glock .40's and has been very disappointed in them because he has seen a good deal more wear and breakages. 9mm is the way to go for longevity according to him.
    JoeMomma and JeepFan like this.

Member #
    Liked
    8057 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
    The guy who owns the pistol pictured also has some Glock .40's and has been very disappointed in them because he has seen a good deal more wear and breakages. 9mm is the way to go for longevity according to him.
    He's right. With that kind of round count the 40s tend to take a beating. The design really does shine in 9mm
    Wilhelm and JeepFan like this.

Member #
    Liked
    4742 times
    Very educating thread. I like my Glocks and they are pretty much my daily ccw. The best use for a .40 Glock is to get a nice cheap LE trade G22 and a 9mm conversion bbl. in my opinion.

The only mod I have done to all of mine is a Lone Wolf extended slide release. I'm in the process of sending all mine back to Glock for the factory night sight install.
    Wilhelm likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm about to purchase my first Glock 19. I really like reading reviews from actual owners and shooters. Great post
    Wilhelm likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1880 times
    New 26 GEN 5 owner here.
    Wilhelm likes this.
    Want to buy:
    1966 East German AKM kit
    TYPE 1 kit
    North Korean kit
    Serbian M76 sniper vest (M-99 A3)

If I was not on some government watch list, I'd be insulted.

Member #
    Liked
    286 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossy5002020 View Post
    I'm about to purchase my first Glock 19. I really like reading reviews from actual owners and shooters. Great post
    Glock 19 really is a solid choice.

Depending how big or small your hands are (finger width) you may want to opt for the 5th gen without grooves. The finger grooves don't match up on many of us with the 3rd and 4th gen. No, It's not a deal breaker, but it's a little annoying. You could always make them disappear professionally or with a dremel if you find out you don't like them after extensive shooting.

I'm sure you already know, but the factory sights also suck. That doesn't mean they aren't usable, only that they could be a lot better. Hands down my biggest gripe is the finger grooves. Theres a shop locally that has one of those laser deals. They take off the grooves and notch the trigger guard for 40 bucks. I must say that it makes a world of difference.

I'm thinking about giving the CZ P07 a go around just to shake things up a bit. I'll always keep a g17 and 19 arpund though.
    Wilhelm and JoeMomma like this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11719 times
    CZ makes great pistols, and they are currently my favorite.
    43m1garand and Wilhelm like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMomma View Post
    CZ makes great pistols, and they are currently my favorite.
    Agree.

I did the SRS-1 on my 75 compact and it’s quite nice. The 7.5 DA pull is very nice.

But my most carried pistol is also a gen 2 19.
    Wilhelm and JoeMomma like this.

Member #
    Liked
    8057 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Glock 19 really is a solid choice.

Depending how big or small your hands are (finger width) you may want to opt for the 5th gen without grooves. The finger grooves don't match up on many of us with the 3rd and 4th gen. No, It's not a deal breaker, but it's a little annoying. You could always make them disappear professionally or with a dremel if you find out you don't like them after extensive shooting.

I'm sure you already know, but the factory sights also suck. That doesn't mean they aren't usable, only that they could be a lot better. Hands down my biggest gripe is the finger grooves. Theres a shop locally that has one of those laser deals. They take off the grooves and notch the trigger guard for 40 bucks. I must say that it makes a world of difference.

I'm thinking about giving the CZ P07 a go around just to shake things up a bit. I'll always keep a g17 and 19 arpund though.
    I have a P07. It's a nice gun. Mine is set up with fiber optic sights, although I may change that to night sights, and decock vs 1911 style.

The double action is light compared to other traditional DA guns. Don't know the weight though. And single action is scary light....at least for me. I've had a few unintended discharges at the rage. None were unsafe as I was already pulling the trigger however, from muscle memory, in my mind there was still a bit to go before the break. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it breaks before I'm ready. Because of this I do not carry it. Don't want to have a problem if God forbid I had to use it.

This isn't a gun problem it's a training problem. I've been meaning to take it to a few classes but haven't gotten around to getting a holster.

BTW, P10c mags are the same but cheaper
    Wilhelm likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsors