No more politics here please!
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree231Likes

Thread: No more politics here please!

Member #
    Liked
    44 times

No more politics here please!

This is an appeal to all AK Forum members! I have been a member of this forum for a short time, I became a member because of my interest in becoming more informed about our mutual interest which is the AK rifle. I would hate to think that this forum will go the way of other forums where in-fighting amongst members is so common their not worth participating anymore. Lets first realize that we are all different and we all have different life experiences, we all have our own opinions on many topics and things will get out of control if we let them.

The only political issue that I think we should all be engaged in is the fight against those that seek to destroy our rights. Not fighting each other..
    RustySnake likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1722 times
    I actually appreciate the tempo in here. Get's a little heated now and again but nothing too files-esque. Livens things up a bit. I like it.

Members are obviously free to not chime in on threads they don't agree with or don't want to bother with. Basically, you're free to not volunteer to be offended by what someone else has to say.

I've noticed that it is often the people who can't help but stick their nose into every single thread that are the ones causing the most trouble.

But hey what do I now? I've only been bouncing around in here for a couple brief years now.
    Mullo98, riderboy, JeepFan and 5 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    190 times
    This place really isn't that political.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    sniper48, Mullo98, scottyb and 1 others like this.
    "I have been persecuted but never prosecuted." Antony C. Sutton regarding his books. It's mildly amusing to see "Groupthink".

Member #
    Liked
    4814 times
    When you're the Big Dog, the fleas want to take you down. Fact of life.
    Everyone's beautiful on the inside, until I'm through with them.

Member #
    A dark, ruined castle in Transylvania. Otherwise known as Mississippi
    Liked
    913 times
    This place is tame compared to TOS.
    riderboy and JeepFan like this.
    Interested in Middle Eastern, South Asian and Yugoslavian AKs and gear. Only a woman can break his spell...

Member #
    Liked
    1860 times
    There are a few members here today that would not be here under previous moderation.
    Want to buy:
    1966 East German AKM kit
    TYPE 1 kit
    North Korean kit
    Serbian M76 sniper vest (M-99 A3)

If I was not on some government watch list, I'd be insulted.

Member #
    Liked
    17010 times
    I come here to get away from the bullshit on the TV, radio and pretty much freaking everywhere.. that whole "If you don't like it, don't look at it" thing works if there are alternatives. Though seeing some funny replies to dumb shit requires opening the "LOL OMG TRUMP OBAMA HERPADERP" threads which are normally stupid and maddening.

Noticed things getting less 'friendly banter' and more Jerry Springer in certain areas, topics, and people. When we're trying to push back an enemy who's constantly trying to chip away at our rights, the last thing we need is infighting. We already have a problem with solidarity. Let's not make it worse.
    riderboy, JeepFan, scottyb and 7 others like this.
    "There really is something broken between your ears. You know this, yes?" - Redbear

Closed captioned for the drinking impaired. Wait...

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1722 times
    Funny, OP had no problem tossing his 2 cents in on another heated, somewhat political thread then came over here to start another one condemning the activity. Hypocrite much?

Quote Originally Posted by KillRoy View Post
    The hell with Starbucks when they need help they can call Antifa!!!
    JeepFan, YUGO_Dave, AZAK and 1 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    7317 times
    Politics here? Minimal. Usually funny, but a low level of tolerance for insulting "Trump supporters". See avatar. YMMV.
    JeepFan likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3582 times

I never have thought it was much of an issue here and certainly not compared to other firearms forums. If one came here for technical discussion and nothing else, why not stick to those parts of the forum?

Member #
    Liked
    1989 times
    I've only ever logged on here to discuss AKs, but have occasionally been drawn into off-topic discussions.

I don't care for it, generally, but I recognize that trying to control an anonymous message board is difficult. Hats off to all the Mods we've had over the years for trying.
    misc, akraider, AZAK and 2 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeZulu View Post
    Funny, OP had no problem tossing his 2 cents in on another heated, somewhat political thread then came over here to start another one condemning the activity. Hypocrite much?
    If there is one thing I'm not is a hypocrite! I meant every word. If you noticed, what you outlined was the only thing I posted in that thread, it was not meant to offend another member, it was directed at Star Bucks. I started this post to reason with you guy's that fighting between ourselves is just a dumb thing to do, some here think it's entertaining. I think I'll leave it at that...

Member #
    Liked
    1012 times
    Once you decided to become a Gun owner and embrace the hobby you instantly entered a political issue. Everything gun related is a political discussion in some way, it’s just how second amendment your willing to go.

Just the way I see it.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KillRoy View Post
    If there is one thing I'm not is a hypocrite! I meant every word. If you noticed, what you outlined was the only thing I posted in that thread, it was not meant to offend another member, it was directed at Star Bucks. I started this post to reason with you guy's that fighting between ourselves is just a dumb thing to do, some here think it's entertaining. I think I'll leave it at that...
    So no political discourse unless you chime in with a litany of excuses and/or disclaimers to be issued afterwards, got it. “Backpedaling 101.”

Unfortunately it doesn’t work that way, guy.
    riderboy likes this.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsors