Anyone tried this Croatian .22LR AKM conversion kit?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Anyone tried this Croatian .22LR AKM conversion kit?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3642 times

Anyone tried this Croatian .22LR AKM conversion kit?

Just point me to the thread if I've overlooked an earlier discussion on this, but wondered if anyone here has tried out the .22LR conversion kit that Centerfire is selling. Says its made in Croatia and doesn't require any permanent alterations to the firearm. Interesting that the description says it was designed for Romanian and Zastava rifles - sort of an odd duo - but others may require a bit of gunsmiting.

Have to wonder about performance, they've sold at least one batch of these kits already and yet the comments field says none have been submitted, which seems unlikely. If it cycled reliably, was fairly accurate, and could be installed (and uninstalled) simply without modifications (or a gunsmith), I'd be pretty surprised but possibly interested.

Link:
    https://www.centerfiresystems.com/p-...987e-128083337
    We've got a hell of a lot more in common with the fellow citizens we're being trained to hate,
    than we do with the puppmasters training us to hate them.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    I can organize and sell your Commbloc weapon/parts/accessory collection
    if you lack the time or desire; send a PM if interested.

Kalashnikov Collectors Association

Member #
    Liked
    429 times
    Found a YouTube CFS video. Interesting that the kit pictured is "in the white" so it must be a early one. Ran quite well from the test & if this is how it performs, just might have to have one of these. The shooter did not apply the dust cover, but it appears there is a stud on the back side of the recoil spring assembly to engage with the slot in the DC (however, I would like to ensure the conversion kit is made to operate with the DC in place). Likely it was not put on so the viewer could observe the mechanism in action...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KALn4iO8RY4

Last edited by pwcosol; 07-08-2019 at 04:58 PM.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11348 times
    Pretty cool, and not a bad price. The only thing that has me scratching my head is the "lubed" ammo part in the product description. This brings back horrible memories of that awful Russian made .22 shit with the chicken on the box. Shoots decent, but quickly fouls weapons due to the lubed cases.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3642 times
    I'm hoping they just mean the sort of slick lube (rather than waxy) that better .22LR ammo tends to come with. I've never had fouling issues with it, just makes the fingers slippery. I need to find out how accurate it is, no interest in a .22LR that doesn't have a consistently tight POI.

I wonder how it would fit in a beefy Romy RPK... pew pew pew
    Last edited by AZAK; 07-08-2019 at 06:00 PM.
    We've got a hell of a lot more in common with the fellow citizens we're being trained to hate,

Member #
    Liked
    1052 times
    Thanks for posting. Ill tell you what, that looks pretty cool. Be interested to see how well that barrel holds up and see if the rounds start tumbling in the air or even a little in the barrel. Id love to try one of those out.
    WTB:

Russian Type 1 or 2 parts/kit

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3642 times
    The barrel isn't close to 16" - maybe 10"? - but its about as long as it can be. .22LR barrel goes into the 7.62 barrel at an angle until the attached chamber assembly can clear the rear trunnion and drop into the receiver, so this determines the length.
    otus likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Someone buy this already because I don't want to be the guinny pig lol
    evolixsurf likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    249 times
    While it's interesting indeed for whomever desires it. I like the idea of having a dedicated pistol or rifle. Shooting suppressed is easier as well.
    "I have been persecuted but never prosecuted." Antony C. Sutton regarding his books. It's mildly amusing to see "Groupthink".

Member #
    Liked
    6178 times
    I want to believe.

The primary AK based rifles in Croatian inventory are Zastava followed by Romanian. I surmise that is why those are mentioned in the description.

Unless I see a lot of glowing reviews of these CFS conversion kits I'll stick with the WASR-22 - Blackdog Machine enhanced.

Constantly studying spots welds, mag well dimple shapes, center support rivet heads and selector markings for the last 12 years...

BTW - Keep your BFH away from my AK!

WTB Late East German 7.62 top cover and gas tube numbered 687.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    216 times
    They were $199 here over the weekend. Combat Armory has frequent coupon codes also. I have bought from them in the past. GTG

AK-47 .22 LR Conversion Kit
    WTB: Russian PLO Parts KITS
    Type 1-2-3 Russian Barrels / Deact kits
    Late 70s Russian AKM kits

Member #
    Liked
    5293 times
    My friend got one.
    Took minor tinkering but works fine.
    MPiKM-72, JoeMomma and AZAK like this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11348 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nobody View Post
    My friend got one.
    Took minor tinkering but works fine.
    Accuracy? And please define "tinkering".
    MPiKM-72 likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3642 times
    I need to see groups at 50m before I can decide.

Member #
    Liked
    6178 times
    I've found that the insert barrels - an HK .22lr conversion in a 7.62 barrel - tended to bounce around a bit inside the 7.62 barrel. Group sizes were not what I expected, but at lease it functioned 100%. YMMV.
    Constantly studying spots welds, mag well dimple shapes, center support rivet heads and selector markings for the last 12 years...

BTW - Keep your BFH away from my AK!

WTB Late East German 7.62 top cover and gas tube numbered 687.

Member #
    Liked
    5293 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMomma View Post
    Accuracy? And please define "tinkering".

What he said at the time on the topic

ok. the barrel is very short, it looks to be 9". the best fit i have found it to be is in a build i did on a morrissey. its a yugo 1.5mm shorty rpk underfolder. when the description says breakin is required, they arent kidding. after 25 rounds, the firing pin locked up. the hammer actually bends the little roll pin that retains it. i replaced it with one out of an ak bolt, a solid pin. i scotch brite dremel wheeled the extractor and the carrier until it was shiny so it would operate smoother and force it to break in. also did the "feedramp" too. there really isnt any reason this cant fit a milled receiver except for taking a very small amount of material off of the corners of the .22 carrier where the top rail of the receiver notches end, it wouldnt hurt function since the carrier has its own solid stop after the hammer. youll see what i mean when you guys get it, they should have clearanced it more for milled and stamped, but whatever. press the hammer down and allow disconnector to hold the hammer down for installation. it doesnt like rak1 hammers, it wouldnt push it down far enough to reset everytime. i had full auto, so i had to remedy that :-/. yugo surplus triggers are good to go. it runs fine now after 50 rounds. i used some cheap blazer .22lr standard ammo. ***fyi the extractor and detent were corroded up out of the box with off white residue and some wd40 and some wiggling freed it up, be careful because the extractor pops out easy if you lift straight up on it for cleaning. the top cover is a pia to get on, you have to smack it pretty hard. basically choose the best gun it fits in and stick with it. you can do some filing on the outer areas and not hurt function. its a neat little deal but its not super quality. and yes, the old couch by my garage is getting burn when its time to mow.

the directions suck, just tighten the wing nut and make it horizontal. this presses forward and rearwards to make everything tight and secured. i saved my last 3 rounds and did a teaser video. I ADVISE DOING THE FIRING PIN MOD BEFORE FIRING. solid pin. the thing gets stuck when the roll pin bends and nicks the chamber edge. i had to file that spot after fixing.
    JoeMomma likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors