Where the Luger experts on here?
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By wingnut308
  • 2 Post By Andyman
  • 1 Post By JoeMomma

Thread: Where the Luger experts on here?

Member #
    Liked
    2795 times

Where the Luger experts on here?

I realize that there is enough enough Luger knowledge to fill an encyclopedia set, but anyone here particularly knowledgeable? I got to handle Grandpa's bringback last week(complete with OG bullets), only thing I really know without taking it apart is its made by DWM and its missing some springs(there was no tension on the toggle action). I dont expect it to be anything rare, and dont ever expect it to be sold so value isnt really a concern. Sorry for the shitty pics but it was as good as it was going to get under the circumstances.

AK shooter and scottyb like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2795 times
    Looks like those bullets were made in occupied Poland and Czechoslovakia respectively according to Wiki.

Member #
    Liked
    200 times
    About All I can tell you is it looks like a Weimar era Luger that is numbers matching. One thing I will also say is do not store it in the holster. It will retain moisture and cause rust/corrosion.

Awesome pistol! Cool that it has the family provenance too.
    JoeMomma and scottyb like this.
    "All we know about the new economic world tells us that nations which train engineers will prevail over those which train lawyers. No nation has ever sued its way to greatness.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11730 times
    Ditto to what Andyman said, and I'll add that you should see if it has a unit mark on the front grip strap. The best source for kmowing all there is to know about Lugers is here: Pistole Parabellum

I'm sure they can tell you every little detail, and I would also bet they can help find the part you need to get the old girl functioning again. Keep us posted, because I love Lugers, and hope to own at least one someday.
    scottyb likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Very cool

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    2795 times
    Yeah, the holster def had a mold smell so hopefully it won’t live in there for much longer, but it’s probably been there since WWII and hasn’t had any rust so far. Grandpa also brought home a Bodeo 1889 from Italy, it’s pretty rough

Member #
    Liked
    5008 times
    My dad keeps several of his pistols in the original holsters but he also has them inside a light oil saturated sock inside the holster. They all look pristine.
    needs moar AK

or beer

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    If all matching including the wooden bottom mag your looking at around $1500 give or take......if your decide to shoot it pick up a diff. Mag....... repo or otherwise..... don’t want that wooden floor plate to break! I wish I had something from my Grandfather..... he died when I was to young to think about asking him any questions.........

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I have never seen a 1921 dated luger.cool gun

Member #
    Liked
    200 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    My dad keeps several of his pistols in the original holsters but he also has them inside a light oil saturated sock inside the holster. They all look pristine.
    Just saying. WAY better safe than sorry when you are talking a gun worth hundreds or, in this case, likely thousands of dollars. I have seen loads of nice pistols, including many lugers, with finish destroyed and pitting from storage in a holster. In fact, I have an artillery luger, all matching, that would be a $3000+ gun if the holster had not destroyed it. I bought it with deep pitting 3 years ago for $800.

Like I said, better safe than sorry but your guns, your choice. I keep my holsters next to my pistols on display.
    "All we know about the new economic world tells us that nations which train engineers will prevail over those which train lawyers. No nation has ever sued its way to greatness.

Member #
    Liked
    4934 times
    Nice gun. I have one too, but I need to get it re-barreled. Had all the springs replaced right after purchase, but wouldn't go into full battery after firing a round. A slight tap on the toggle made it ready to fire. We examined numerous fired brass and all showed bulging near the case rim.
    When you're the Big Dog, the fleas want to take you down. Fact of life.
    Everyone's beautiful on the inside, until I'm through with them.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    1921 DWM Commercial. Very nice. Buggered up grip screws though.

Sponsors