Highpoints and Peanuts - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Highpoints and Peanuts

Member #
    Liked
    8226 times
    This show has always been small......the building is small. But at least it was something. This time not even AC!
    RustySnake likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1621 times
    The show rules in Portland are strict now with one vendor.

90 percent guns or no show.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    974 times
    If you're looking for a large show there's a decent one that's held in Atlanta twice a year that runs between 2000-3000 tables. It takes all damn day to go through it. I've found a lot of good stuff there.
    There's 2 shows near me that run about 1000-1200 tables, find decent deals there as well. The dealers all buy the same spots show after show, so you learn where the tables for guys selling/trading their collections are and start with that. I'm mainly buying older stuff so I'm usually picking stuff out from those guys or the crowd itself rather than the dealers selling new stuff.
    4GE6550a likes this.
    WTB
    1960s-1986 Russian Kits | Subgun kits of any kind
    1973 dated kits and guns | AIMR-74-PM MD 86 Barrel
    Polish NSP3 Nr L-90048
    PM me, can pay $ or possibly trade.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    493 times
    What? Nobody else plays the fart game at the show? The wagon train is the best move I’ve pulled.
    RustySnake, Arik and 10Gauge like this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3929 times
    SAR Show is the place to be out West, once a year. Held later this year due to a very late Thanksgiving, on 6-8 December.
    We've got a hell of a lot more in common with the fellow citizens we're being trained to hate than the puppetmasters training us to hate them.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    I can organize and sell your Commbloc weapon/parts/accessory collection
    if you lack the time or desire; send a PM if interested.

Kalashnikov Collectors Association

Member #
    A dark, ruined castle in Transylvania. Otherwise known as Mississippi
    Liked
    1018 times
    Sounds about right for a gun show now.
    Interested in Middle Eastern, South Asian and Yugoslavian AKs and gear. Only a woman can break his spell...

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11997 times
    The OGCA shows are still pretty good, but like most, I mostly stopped going to local shows.
    10Gauge likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Ive always heard the OFAST show is good...but going to a show in KC you got 3 scentsy candle tables, and the amish fudge sellers...then Ace case has an entire aisle of their crap. Best thing going is the guy with the 12 tons of reloading supplies, but RK doesnt allow them to sell powder. RK also sets dealer pricing so noone can undercut their chosen dealers. I usually tend to find a few old pieces and parts I need, but Id rather deal with numrich instead of the crowd of basketball jersey wearing pants hangin off their ass idiots lookin for a chopper.

Member #
    Liked
    1342 times
    The only gun show I attend is at the Mount Bethel Fire Company in PA. No big vendors, no food jewelry etc, deals everywhere. Last time I attended a guy had a bucket of Romanian bayos for $8 each, bought a 550 round spam can of chinese 7.62x39 for $200... 200 rounds of Egyptian 7.62x39 surplus in original boxes for $75. If anyone is local to North eastern PA near NJ I highly recommend this show.

http://mountbethelfire.com/gun-shows/
    Last edited by njkalashnikov; 07-12-2019 at 11:30 AM.
    "Cause bitches don't like to be slapped on the cheek. Yugos need real men to shoot them who know how to hold them tight"
    -daefash

"Only a woman's glance strikes harder than an assault rifle."
    -
    Mikhail Kalashnikov

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2090 times
    I guess a better title for this thread would be "Where are the good gun shows these days?"

Perhaps we should start a thread that lists the legit shows still out there.

Member #
    Liked
    1342 times
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeZulu View Post
    I guess a better title for this thread would be "Where are the good gun shows these days?"

Perhaps we should start a thread that lists the legit shows still out there.
    Sounds good!
    "Cause bitches don't like to be slapped on the cheek. Yugos need real men to shoot them who know how to hold them tight"
    -daefash

"Only a woman's glance strikes harder than an assault rifle."
    -
    Mikhail Kalashnikov

Member #
    Liked
    8226 times
    Quote Originally Posted by njkalashnikov View Post
    The only gun show I attend is at the Mount Bethel Fire Company in PA. No big vendors, no food jewelry etc, deals everywhere. Last time I attended a guy had a bucket of Romanian bayos for $8 each, bought a 550 round spam can of chinese 7.62x39 for $200... 200 rounds of Egyptian 7.62x39 surplus in original boxes for $75. If anyone is local to North eastern PA near NJ I highly recommend this show.

http://mountbethelfire.com/gun-shows/
    I've attended a few of those type shows. Small venues, usually a fire co or a local hall. They were like tetanus shot specials. When I walk out I feel like I need one of those.
    4GE6550a likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1200 times
    I quit going to gun shows for years, because of the exact same thing in the OP's original statement. Luckily, we've got a pretty decent one going on a couple times a year locally. don't know how long it will last, but I'm enjoying it while it's here. of course there are the random beef jerky and rain gutter sales, but I just ignore them. the worst one, is these 2 girls trying to sell some kind of back pain relief apparatus, and they are quite aggressive. they'll look at a guy and basically order him to sit. I guess they think some guys think that is a turn on or something. when they did it to me, I pretty much told them what I thought of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsors