Private Gun Sales And Florida Gun Shows?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Private Gun Sales And Florida Gun Shows?

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    77 times

Question Private Gun Sales And Florida Gun Shows?

Not sure if this was mentioned before but I did not see it in the forum search.

(For those that don't know), the Orlando fairgrounds is having a gun show this weekend, my reason for bringing this up is after it was never the case before, Orange county has decided just recently to not allow private gun sales (who is not a dealer), at all its gun shows.

Contrary to that sole county, the state of Florida does allow it, state wide:

Fla. Const. art. VIII, 5(b): Background checks are not required by the state. However, county governments have the authority to require background checks and a 3- to 5-day waiting period for private firearms transfers (holders of concealed carry permits are exempt from any such county requirements).

Does this adversely affect the shows attendance and why on Earth would the county residents allow this painfully obvious liberal, anti-gun act to stand, not just in Orange county but in any red state being it was never like that before?

Member #
    Liked
    399 times
    I'm from Lake county, Mt Dora area, just north of Orlando. I lived in Lake Mary 15 years ago. I have not been to an event in Orlando for 20 years but I believe Orlando is now just another liberal leaning city. Surely some people will not go knowing they will not be able to sell to another private citizen, vs an ffl.
    I don't know if the laws were voted on or just adopted by the City Commissioners.

Between this and the 2020 ballot measure to ban all military style firearms and guns with a capacity of over 7 rds. And no private sales without a background check. In addition to changing the Fl Constitution by recognizing only the Florida National Guard as the only Militia group in Florida. With the help of Orlando and Miami liberals they are changing the face of Florida.
    Last edited by TPinFl; 07-08-2019 at 07:12 AM.
    Howards End likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    192 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TPinFl View Post
    Between this and the 2020 ballot measure to ban all military style firearms and guns with a capacity of over 7 rds. And no private sales without a background check. In addition to changing the Fl Constitution by recognizing only the Florida National Guard as the only Militia group in Florida. With they help of Orlando and Miami liberals are changing the face of Florida.
    Who wrote this shit?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    399 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Who wrote this shit?
    Here is an ammoland article on it. I have not read this article but the only other ones I could find quickly are from Florida newspapers.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/06/flo...#axzz5t09ZrM1C

Another source -

https://ballotpedia.org/Florida_Ban_...tiative_(2020)
    Last edited by TPinFl; 07-07-2019 at 08:26 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    192 times
    Here is an ammoland article on it. I have not read this article but the only other ones I could find quickly are from Florida newspapers.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/06/flo...#axzz5t09ZrM1C

Another source -

https://ballotpedia.org/Florida_Ban_...tiative_(2020)
    This is literally one of the most idiotic things I've ever read.
    Last edited by Pookie; 07-07-2019 at 11:02 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    399 times
    This is literally one of the most idiotic things I've ever read.
    I agree 100%! And hopefully this will not make it on the ballot at all. And if it does I hope Floridians realize the implications of this.
    Other than pistols, any military style firearm will have to be taken out of state or turned in. No grandfather clause, no 10 rd mags with bullet buttons or any of the other Cali type restrictions. This will be the worst gun ban in the US, outside of Hawaii.

Be sure to let your friends know because there is money behind this and it is all sparked by the Parkland Shooting. Most shooters, and FFL's have no idea this is happening.
    Howards End likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    192 times
    I agree 100%! And hopefully this will not make it on the ballot at all. And if it does I hope Floridians realize the implications of this.
    Other than pistols, any military style firearm will have to be taken out of state or turned in. No grandfather clause, no 10 rd mags with bullet buttons or any of the other Cali type restrictions. This will be the worst gun ban in the US, outside of Hawaii.

Be sure to let your friends know because there is money behind this and it is all sparked by the Parkland Shooting. Most shooters, and FFL's have no idea this is happening.
    It goes beyond anything looking military and I will not turn in a fucking thing, and I hope that goes for most people. Not too mention, firearms is a huge fucking business in FL, so what happens to all of that? I really don't understand today's thought process. Lucky for me I'm attached to the military, so there will be a life for me elsewhere until it's done. I don't know if it's just Central Florida opposed to North, but things are different here and changing and fast. I've been here in FL since 2012, but not even two years in central, it's time to move on.
    Last edited by Pookie; 07-07-2019 at 02:24 PM.
    Howards End likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    988 times
    How sad that Florida used to be considered a very firearm friendly state.

Indiana, and many other states have passed preemptive laws stating that no town or local municipality can pass a law overriding state law, or something like that (sorry, but I am not a lawyer), but do understand that in this state no county or town can enact that Orlando style atrocity.
    Howards End and 43m1garand like this.

Member #
    Liked
    192 times
    Florida is the same way, counties are not supposed to rectify their own laws per state constitution. STILL, politics are politics, and they have become a full blown shit show from all angles.
    Last edited by Pookie; 07-07-2019 at 02:41 PM.

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    77 times

A Liberal Anti-Gun Sham...

Florida is the same way, counties are not supposed to rectify their own laws per state constitution. STILL, politics are politics, and they have become a full blown shit show from all angles.
    Just take Florida's new Marijuana law which is exactly the same as this Orlando gun decision, it says you can possess it even though it's still against US federal law that states you can not, Florida says you can smoke it even though it was initiated for cancer patients only... meant for after chemotherapy treatments but that was never the true motive, the second it was green-lighted the fake medical hoax disguise went right out the window almost immediately...

Member #
    Liked
    192 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Howards End View Post
    Just take Florida's new Marijuana law which is exactly the same as this Orlando gun decision, it says you can possess it even though it's still against US federal law that states you can not, Florida says you can smoke it even though it was initiated for cancer patients only... meant for after chemotherapy treatments but that was never the true motive, the second it was green-lighted the fake medical hoax disguise went right out the window almost immediately...
    Welcome to California 1996. Medical Marijuana has been a scam forever. I do not partake in Marijuana, but I'm used to it because my parents are hippies... and I'm from California. I have no issue with non abusive recreational use amongst adults. I do however have a problem with the lies that have been fed to the public to make it acceptable amongst society.

I'm like Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde though man. I'm all kinds of fucked up. I would like to see the decriminalization of marijuana and criminalization of alcohol. I also think users of hard drugs should be sent to state run detox camps where they will work like dogs to the benefit of the tax payer, instead of using our tax money, so they can get high in a jail cell. If they re-offend fuck em, we send them to a new Australia where they will live or die indefinitely.

I have a big problem with this countries need and want to lock people up for any and everything, and I have a bigger problem that we pay for it. I vote we just get rid of the less desirable. If you can't function like a normal respectful human being, then you be shipped off somewhere, so that your bullshit won't impede on the general public. We can also throw liberals in to this bunch of castaways because they don't apply logic, and they block society from functioning as it should.

Just go ahead and fill out my name in the 2020 election, and together we'll rid this entire country of its bullshit so we can be Americans again.
    Last edited by Pookie; 07-07-2019 at 03:36 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    214 times
    The states have been treading all over the 2nd amendment and are surely doing it illegally. There seems to be nobody trying to stop this and it is spreading. Here in Massachusetts its beyond reasonable. Allot of the states are pulling the same thing enacting their own laws. What you can have what you can sell what you can have for ammunition. If the NRA wants to actually do something it should start at the state level. Maybe if the NRA leaders would put some of their ridiculous pay back into legislative action against these states we could get some action. That and as much as I support Trump and understand he has no help he better start doing something positive for the gun owners in this country.
    Howards End, JoeMomma and TPinFl like this.
    11th air assault div 63 65 1st bn abn 8th cav 1st cav vietnam 65 66 11th special forces group 70-74 major sks and ak collector ammunition collector

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11323 times
    I'm totally sure passing laws will stop private sales of firearms, I mean its worked so well for gun free zones, right?
    43m1garand and Mullo98 like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    399 times
    I have no problems with adults smoking weed. Sadly the young kids are affected the most because it stops any and all ambitions, and sitting around playing video games is a road to nowhere usually. But that is where parenting comes in and it can be discouraged. And the war on drugs is like prohibition, it will never work. For weed and even hard drugs I try to be an independent. These drugs are nothing new and in the past you could get them at the drugstore or catalog. I do have a problem helping these people and enabling them to continue. If you can't handle whatever habit you have you stop or suffer the consequences. I would go so far as to put drugs and alcohol in front of prisoners, monitor who takes them and just keep them in prison. They will have to refuse these on the outside, so might as well save all the; crimes, police resources, judges and juries time, and just keep them in prison.

Back to guns, Marion Hammer, one of the strongest gun rights advocate in the US, helped Florida become gun friendly. Now you can't find a native Floridian, but for those of us that are, we are now being dictated to by people that are from other places. Both my maternal and paternal grandparents have been here for generations. My great great grandfather lived here before the civil war. So yes this is bullshit!! I hope all of this is shot down at every level, but there are so many uninformed people that do not see this happening or are to busy in their own lives, to fight this. The left and all of their crazy shit, at least show up and make themselves known.

So everyone in Florida needs to be making others aware of this!!
    Howards End likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7830 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Howards End View Post
    Not sure if this was mentioned before but I did not see it in the forum search.

(For those that don't know), the Orlando fairgrounds is having a gun show this weekend, my reason for bringing this up is after it was never the case before, Orange county has decided just recently to not allow private gun sales (who is not a dealer), at all its gun shows.

Contrary to that sole county, the state of Florida does allow it, state wide:

Fla. Const. art. VIII, 5(b): Background checks are not required by the state. However, county governments have the authority to require background checks and a 3- to 5-day waiting period for private firearms transfers (holders of concealed carry permits are exempt from any such county requirements).

Does this adversely affect the shows attendance and why on Earth would the county residents allow this painfully obvious liberal, anti-gun act to stand, not just in Orange county but in any red state being it was never like that before?
    I don't think it will effect gunshows at all however......."Orange county has decided just recently to not allow private gun sales (who is not a dealer), at all its gun shows." .......do it not at the gun show.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors