So the NRA is on fire....
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 71
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: So the NRA is on fire....

  1. #1
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    10431
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The land of snow and wind.
    Posts
    4,884
    Liked
    2394 times

    So the NRA is on fire....

    And Iím roasting weenies over it while I watch. Whatís your bet is this the end of the great negotiating corrupt NRA or do you think we will finally make some positive changes the the seller of our rights.

    Personally I donít know if the NRA can or should be saved. Itís been a Fudd organization for so long itís permanently stained in my eyes. Granted fudds are a dying breed. Every year I see less. Itís more polarized for people my age or younger it seems. Either your pro freedom or your pro statism. I feel we should be growing the GOA and FPC.
    Mullo98, scottyb and Kalliste like this.

  2. #2
    Senior Member

    Member #
    17427
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Near Philadelphia Pa
    Posts
    10,843
    Liked
    7847 times
    Saw the article earlier today. I didn't even know they had an nratv until Noir and Losche (sp?)
    Mullo98 likes this.

  3. #3
    Banned

    Member #
    63229
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    The Dirty EP
    Posts
    212
    Liked
    113 times
    My NRA membership ends this year (not re-newing) I am seriously thinking about joining the GOA....Hopefully they have those cool sweepstakes for winning hundreds of guns🤗
    YUGO_Dave likes this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    10431
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The land of snow and wind.
    Posts
    4,884
    Liked
    2394 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Saw the article earlier today. I didn't even know they had an nratv until Noir and Losche (sp?)
    Well ack-mac had nra tv. The NRA is short one of its biggest turds today. IE Chris Cox Mr I love red flag laws and the death of due process. I’m betting Bloomberg hires him.
    Kalliste likes this.

  6. #5
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    10431
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The land of snow and wind.
    Posts
    4,884
    Liked
    2394 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RustySnake View Post
    My NRA membership ends this year (not re-newing) I am seriously thinking about joining the GOA....Hopefully they have those cool sweepstakes for winning hundreds of guns��

    I became a GOA life member this year. It doesn’t get you much but at the same time I set up a monthly auto pay of 20 bucks per month outside my life membership cost. I joined FPC too. Their new tax challenge against a nfa case is novel. Now their making a bit of headway against the bumpstock ban too.

  7. #6
    Senior Member

    Member #
    7238
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,488
    Liked
    995 times
    NRA didn't grow when the firearm industry did. They remained in the late 1800s and didn't modernize with the firearms as the firearms progressed from single shot, to repeater, to full automatic.

    Really sad because the NRA was that famous 800 pound gorilla that our congress was so afraid of. Unfortunately the NRA leaders lost sight of the direction of the right of the people that they espoused. They also forgot that "shall not be infringed" means just that, and the gorilla lost a lot of weight.
    scottyb, Walleye and JoeMomma like this.

  8. #7
    Senior Member

    Member #
    17427
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Near Philadelphia Pa
    Posts
    10,843
    Liked
    7847 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Indykid View Post
    NRA didn't grow when the firearm industry did. They remained in the late 1800s and didn't modernize with the firearms as the firearms progressed from single shot, to repeater, to full automatic.

    Really sad because the NRA was that famous 800 pound gorilla that our congress was so afraid of. Unfortunately the NRA leaders lost sight of the direction of the right of the people that they espoused. They also forgot that "shall not be infringed" means just that, and the gorilla lost a lot of weight.
    I always saw them as stuck in the 30s-50s and 50s was probably pushing it
    Mullo98 and Walleye like this.

  9. #8
    Senior Member

    Member #
    61979
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    A dark, ruined castle in Transylvania. Otherwise known as Mississippi
    Posts
    385
    Liked
    946 times
    To be honest. It seems that the NRA is probably gonna collapse by the end of this year or the next, and that’s probably for the best. So far they done more harm to gun rights and even the image of gun owners with their political antics and office clowning.
    Interested in Middle Eastern, South Asian and Yugoslavian AKs and gear. ď Only a woman can break his spell...Ē

  10. #9
    Banned

    Member #
    63229
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    The Dirty EP
    Posts
    212
    Liked
    113 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RustySnake View Post
    My NRA membership ends this year (not re-newing) I am seriously thinking about joining the GOA....Hopefully they have those cool sweepstakes for winning hundreds of guns��

    I became a GOA life member this year. It doesn’t get you much but at the same time I set up a monthly auto pay of 20 bucks per month outside my life membership cost. I joined FPC too. Their new tax challenge against a nfa case is novel. Now their making a bit of headway against the bumpstock ban too.
    I was on their webpage and see if you get the lifetime membership you get entered automatically for those cool gun giveaways 🤘 Sold! No more stamps! 🤣🤣

  11. #10
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    10431
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The land of snow and wind.
    Posts
    4,884
    Liked
    2394 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RustySnake View Post
    I was on their webpage and see if you get the lifetime membership you get entered automatically for those cool gun giveaways �� Sold! No more stamps! ����
    Didn’t pay attention. I wanted to support their Kettler case and some of the other stuff they have going. Not to mention I think they really do mean to not give one inch. They just need the grow.

  12. #11
    Senior Member

    Member #
    22431
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    411
    Liked
    677 times
    I read an article that Cris Cox got suspended for working with Oliver North on trying to get rid of Wayne LaPierre. Now I see that Chris quit the NRA. Here is an article about texts being used in a court exhibit between Chris and Dan Boren, who is another board memeber.

    https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...-north-851259/
    Dear Socialists: I have no money for you. I spent it all on guns and ammo.

  13. #12
    btr
    btr is offline
    Senior Member

    Member #
    776
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,231
    Liked
    573 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mullo98 View Post
    To be honest. It seems that the NRA is probably gonna collapse by the end of this year or the next, and thatís probably for the best. So far they done more harm to gun rights and even the image of gun owners with their political antics and office clowning.
    There is absolutely nothing good about the NRA's going downhill.

    I am not aware of any other group, including the GOA, that has any influence on Congress.

    Have you ever heard anti-gunners ranting about the evil GOA like they do about the NRA constantly? (me neither)

    The SAF is great for lawsuits, they don't have influence on Congress.

    Despite all their screwups, we will be screwed far worse if they go away. You are just kidding yourself if you think differently.

    They need reform (ie getting rid of Wayne), not members rage quitting over stuff like bumpstocks.

    You can't vote for the board of directors if you aren't a member.
    JoeMomma, AZAK, 43m1garand and 2 others like this.

  14. #13
    Senior Member

    Member #
    61979
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    A dark, ruined castle in Transylvania. Otherwise known as Mississippi
    Posts
    385
    Liked
    946 times
    Quote Originally Posted by btr View Post
    There is absolutely nothing good about the NRA's going downhill.

    I am not aware of any other group, including the GOA, that has any influence on Congress.

    Have you ever heard anti-gunners ranting about the evil GOA like they do about the NRA constantly? (me neither)

    The SAF is great for lawsuits, they don't have influence on Congress.

    Despite all their screwups, we will be screwed far worse if they go away. You are just kidding yourself if you think differently.

    They need reform (ie getting rid of Wayne), not members rage quitting over stuff like bumpstocks.

    You can't vote for the board of directors if you aren't a member.
    The NRA has done little to nothing for gun rights in last few years. Too many bans and laws has been put in place that the NRA didn’t fight back or had their stamp. So would their collapse really effect us that much? People keep saying bump stocks aren’t a hill worth dying on. But if the NRA is for gun rights; then why did they not defend that right? Would they defend the rights for high cap mags or semi automatic? Finally the NRA is more of a joke today than anything. Trump is on to something by saying no one is afraid of em.
    YUGO_Dave and Kalliste like this.
    Interested in Middle Eastern, South Asian and Yugoslavian AKs and gear. ď Only a woman can break his spell...Ē

  15. #14
    Senior Member

    Member #
    62737
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    392
    Liked
    200 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mullo98 View Post
    The NRA has done little to nothing for gun rights in last few years. Too many bans and laws has been put in place that the NRA didn’t fight back or had their stamp. So would their collapse really effect us that much? People keep saying bump stocks aren’t a hill worth dying on. But if the NRA is for gun rights; then why did they not defend that right? Would they defend the rights for high cap mags or semi automatic? Finally the NRA is more of a joke today than anything. Trump is on to something by saying no one is afraid of em.
    Why should the NRA fight for bump stocks?

    Nothing about a bump stock is a firearm, and unfortunately nothing protects it. The NRA is lame for sure, but the reality is with them gone, we are fucked even worse.

    I don't think you people are understanding that we are on a clear path of losing firearms all together. We need all the support we can get. There is no law in the United States any longer, as all laws are interpreted through political agendas and not their actual writings. Laws are supposed to be interpreted without prejudice, that is the only way laws work.
    Last edited by Pookie; 06-27-2019 at 09:34 AM.
    43m1garand likes this.

  16. #15
    Senior Member

    Member #
    15343
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Beyond the yellow brick road
    Posts
    4,804
    Liked
    9788 times
    Sorry guys, but the NRA really has to be reformed. Under Wayne and Ackerman McQueen, they serve only themselves and no one else. That has to change, and that's going to mean a lot of bad stuff happens as the tyrants at the throne are not going to willingly give up their power.
    Mullo98, MPiKM-72 and Kalliste like this.
    "Men who are not free... always idealize their bondage." - Boris Pasternak

    Disclaimer: I have been informed that I exist solely as a shill for false flag operations on behalf of not only the United States federal government, but the Illuminati, Majestic 12, Area 51, and Nike. I do not own any firearms (so I've been told) and instead attain self-gratification exclusively with Nerf guns.

    ©Daedalus Self-Aware Technologies 2009-2017 P.S. ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!! RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!

 

 
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.