Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: So the NRA is on fire....

Member #
    A dark, ruined castle in Transylvania. Otherwise known as Mississippi
    Liked
    958 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Why should the NRA fight for bump stocks?

Nothing about a bump stock is a firearm, and unfortunately nothing protects it. The NRA is lame for sure, but the reality is with them gone, we are fucked even worse.

I don't think you people are understanding that we are on a clear path of losing firearms all together. We need all the support we can get. There is no law in the United States any longer, as all laws are interpreted through political agendas and not their actual writings. Laws are supposed to be interpreted without prejudice, that is the only way laws work.
    And there’s nothing about 30rd magazines is a firearm. The reason bump stocks issues are important is because if their willing to support that. Then what is next that’s “ not a hill worth dying on.”
    I keep hearing the NRA is our last line of defense, but yet their not doing anything to protect our rights. Only thing they seem to do is get money for Wayne’s next suit. Other gun groups are actually doing more than the NRA.
    Leviathan and Kalliste like this.
    Interested in Middle Eastern, South Asian and Yugoslavian AKs and gear. “ Only a woman can break his spell...”

btr

Member #
    Liked
    574 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mullo98 View Post
    The NRA has done little to nothing for gun rights in last few years. Too many bans and laws has been put in place that the NRA didn’t fight back or had their stamp. So would their collapse really effect us that much? People keep saying bump stocks aren’t a hill worth dying on. But if the NRA is for gun rights; then why did they not defend that right? Would they defend the rights for high cap mags or semi automatic? Finally the NRA is more of a joke today than anything. Trump is on to something by saying no one is afraid of em.
    The NRA has serious problems (Wayne needs to be fired asap) to but to say they do nothing is flat our wrong.

One thing they did locally to me was help get my state to legalize short barreled rifles and shotguns a few years ago.

They helped get Trump elected ($30 million dollars spent supporting his election) for one.

Where do you think the Second Amendment would be with Hillary appointing Scalia's replacement?

Yes the NRA is defending hicap mags and semiautomatic guns.... have you not been paying attention anything they have done for years?

The Second Amendment would be [email protected]#ed if they fell apart. Does any other guns right group have influence regarding legislation in Congress????

Leftists organizations are absolutely gleeful right now about the state of the NRA. And some gun people think this is a good thing!!!

I'm pissed about that jackass Wayne laPierre, but we need to reform the NRA, not destroy it, and that can't be done by non-members.
    Averageman, 43m1garand and jrsuds like this.

Member #
    Liked
    958 times
    Other gun groups would have NRA level of power if everyone in the NRA jumped ship to GOA or whatever else. And say what you will about Trump; but all I have to say about him is that he’s very anti-gun. So that 30 million would been better placed elsewhere. As for a gun grabber pick seats, the NRA would probably do its job then. But as of now. The NRA isn’t really worth anything, and all this misplaced funds and coups are time wasted. They have a spotty history on actually defending our rights and till they fix themselves. It might best to let em burn.
    Kalliste likes this.
    Interested in Middle Eastern, South Asian and Yugoslavian AKs and gear. “ Only a woman can break his spell...”

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 43m1garand View Post
    I read an article that Cris Cox got suspended for working with Oliver North on trying to get rid of Wayne LaPierre. Now I see that Chris quit the NRA. Here is an article about texts being used in a court exhibit between Chris and Dan Boren, who is another board memeber.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...-north-851259/
    LaPierre has to go. He is the problem with the NRA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    Burn baby burn !

Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    I am no great fan but I think this is probably a bad thing at the end of the day. If the NRA collapses then who has the power to step into the vacuum right now? Nobody period. Who else has lobby power as a recognized NGO at the UN and does other nationally recognized training and instructor training courses?
    With the other side gleefully reporting the NRA's problems and weakening it where are we going to be at what if it falls completely? We may not all fully agree on everything they have done but that is also good because if you always agree unreservedly with a groups policies you are probably a zealot and fall into the same trap the supposed brainwashed leftist gun grabbers do like the left does.

I am not a fan of a lot things in the past but they have gotten better. But those were different times and now mayhap the time is right to bring the right people in and to coin a phrase from the 80's & 90s: A complete streamlining and restructuring of the organization is long overdue.
    Now perhaps it is time for a complete restructuring and purge of people like Mr. La Pierre and others I am not against that. Is it time for other groups like GOA or JFPO to become the lead I don't know but if they do they will have a long way to climb and an extremely short time to do this in.

We gun owners are our worst enemy and will continue to be. I personally don't care if you are only a hunter, defensive, sport or just a shooter this will not bode well for us as a whole. It is good to have a certain amount of internal disagreement but not to give the people who are aligned against us cracks in the walls to flow through. we should present a unified front to them regardless of what is felt internally and however much certain internal viewpoints are disliked we must learn to figure out a common ground to work from and to keep those who wish to strip our rights from us at bay.
    JoeMomma, 43m1garand and jrsuds like this.
    "odio vitae semper dissolubilis"

"Ludo mentis sciem"

"Senecta aetas viresque, atque perfidium expugnat"

"sic semper purgamentus Yugo kalashnikov! Tempus orbem ad excoquam eorum et dimittetur eis!"

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2417 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Why should the NRA fight for bump stocks?

Nothing about a bump stock is a firearm, and unfortunately nothing protects it. The NRA is lame for sure, but the reality is with them gone, we are fucked even worse.

I don't think you people are understanding that we are on a clear path of losing firearms all together. We need all the support we can get. There is no law in the United States any longer, as all laws are interpreted through political agendas and not their actual writings. Laws are supposed to be interpreted without prejudice, that is the only way laws work.
    2 reasons because a law was made by executive fiat and because the semi auto function of a semi auto rifle has been declared a machine gun. That much was definitely brought to you by the NRA. If they stand the next president takes it all regardless of what anyone says because muh pen and phone. There’s also the problem of how this was worded. It in my opinion opens the door to anything that fires too fast for politicians to be made a machine gun in the eyes of the law.
    Last edited by Leviathan; 06-27-2019 at 04:27 PM.
    Kalliste likes this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11353 times
    Quote Originally Posted by btr View Post
    There is absolutely nothing good about the NRA's going downhill.

I am not aware of any other group, including the GOA, that has any influence on Congress.

Have you ever heard anti-gunners ranting about the evil GOA like they do about the NRA constantly? (me neither)

The SAF is great for lawsuits, they don't have influence on Congress.

Despite all their screwups, we will be screwed far worse if they go away. You are just kidding yourself if you think differently.

They need reform (ie getting rid of Wayne), not members rage quitting over stuff like bumpstocks.

You can't vote for the board of directors if you aren't a member.
    This. As much as I dislike the NRA for some of the shit they have pulled over the years and throwing gun owners under the bus, if it was not for them and the powerful lobby they are, we would have far more restrictions than we do now.
    Whatever happens, I hope its a net positive for us gun owners for a change, because its been really good news for several years now, and prices have stabilized, and even come down some.
    Miller Tyme, Arik, Mullo98 and 3 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    The NRA has serious problems (Wayne needs to be fired asap) to but to say they do nothing is flat our wrong.

One thing they did locally to me was help get my state to legalize short barreled rifles and shotguns a few years ago.

They helped get Trump elected ($30 million dollars spent supporting his election) for one.

Where do you think the Second Amendment would be with Hillary appointing Scalia's replacement?

Yes the NRA is defending hicap mags and semiautomatic guns.... have you not been paying attention anything they have done for years?

The Second Amendment would be [email protected]#ed if they fell apart. Does any other guns right group have influence regarding legislation in Congress????

Leftists organizations are absolutely gleeful right now about the state of the NRA. And some gun people think this is a good thing!!!

I'm pissed about that jackass Wayne laPierre, but we need to reform the NRA, not destroy it, and that can't be done by non-members.
    I agree with everything above, they do a lot of behind the scenes lobbying and donations to candidates that support the Second Amendment.
    But honestly, I'm living here in a nice three bedroom home and if the article I read is correct Wayne's clothing allowance is worth more than my home. He's way past his shelf life and needs to be canned.
    That all of this drama began when Members of the Board began to look in to where the monies were going should concern everyone who is a Member of the NRA.
    They need new blood and new idea's.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3649 times
    I'm with JoeMomma on this. Not a huge fan of the NRA since they got "off theme" politically, but those days may be past. No pro-2A group will ever have the political juice that the NRA does, and that is all that counts. There is no replacement, and without the NRA there is no seasoned political opponent to the anti-gun agenda.

There is absolutely nothing good about the NRA's going downhill.

I am not aware of any other group, including the GOA, that has any influence on Congress.

Have you ever heard anti-gunners ranting about the evil GOA like they do about the NRA constantly? (me neither)

The SAF is great for lawsuits, they don't have influence on Congress.

Despite all their screwups, we will be screwed far worse if they go away. You are just kidding yourself if you think differently.

They need reform (ie getting rid of Wayne), not members rage quitting over stuff like bumpstocks.

You can't vote for the board of directors if you aren't a member.
    We've got a hell of a lot more in common with the fellow citizens we're being trained to hate,
    than we do with the puppmasters training us to hate them.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    I can organize and sell your Commbloc weapon/parts/accessory collection
    if you lack the time or desire; send a PM if interested.

Kalashnikov Collectors Association

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2417 times
    How do we realistically reform it? Especially when you consider to actual pieces of shit that will remain when Wayne is gone. Marion Hammer, Willes Lee, etc. these people are complicit defenders of this organization and its rollover approach to the second amendment. We can’t even get Adam kraut on the board, more than that the board appears to be the equivalent of the voter system in the USSR. Shocking Wayne was unanimously re-elected. We have suffered insufferable surrender by the organization with the major juice. It would appear they don’t really give one solid fuck in hell about our rights so long as they get their suits and business as usual. With friends like the NRA the truest enemy of freedom must only wait a little while before their ultimate victory.
    Kalliste likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    958 times
    True that at the very least, they got some pull. But like I said, that won’t do much if their too busy in worthless pecking order politics or speading funds on personal goods. Then the less time they are fighting in courts or spending on ranges. That’s my major concern right now with them.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11353 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
    How do we realistically reform it? Especially when you consider to actual pieces of shit that will remain when Wayne is gone. Marion Hammer, Willes Lee, etc. these people are complicit defenders of this organization and its rollover approach to the second amendment. We can’t even get Adam kraut on the board, more than that the board appears to be the equivalent of the voter system in the USSR. Shocking Wayne was unanimously re-elected. We have suffered insufferable surrender by the organization with the major juice. It would appear they don’t really give one solid fuck in hell about our rights so long as they get their suits and business as usual. With friends like the NRA the truest enemy of freedom must only wait a little while before their ultimate victory.
    As members, we demand he goes.
    43m1garand and jrsuds like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    9795 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMomma View Post
    As members, we demand he goes.
    Wasn't that just tried this past spring?
    "Men who are not free... always idealize their bondage." - Boris Pasternak

Disclaimer: I have been informed that I exist solely as a shill for false flag operations on behalf of not only the United States federal government, but the Illuminati, Majestic 12, Area 51, and Nike. I do not own any firearms (so I've been told) and instead attain self-gratification exclusively with Nerf guns.

©Daedalus Self-Aware Technologies 2009-2017 P.S. ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!! RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    The rot is deep. Let the NRA (and Ackerman-MAcQueen) die.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsors