Like Tree31Likes

Thread: My Polish KbK Millled AK kit:) "AoA"

Member #
    Liked
    1026 times

My Polish KbK Millled AK kit:) "AoA"

Edit: "Cleaned up the thread and added better photos"

Bolt

It's nice to be greeted by the smells of old wood, cosmoline, and a nice cold beer after a stressful workday

"Sorry for the typo in the title, if an admin or mod can correct the spelling, that'd really help"
    Last edited by Moses1986; 06-21-2019 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Typo in Title/adding better photos

Member #
    Liked
    1026 times
    Here's some better/more photos and stuff my apologies for such a messy start to things:P

Stock set

List of Parts "I assume"
    Last edited by Moses1986; 06-21-2019 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Cleaning up my mess:P
    Mekanak47 and corpsman5 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1059 times
    those kits are awesome. looks like you got a good one. I absolutely love the smell of those things. every time I got one, the first thing I would do, is smell the wood for a minute. my wife thinks I'm crazy. congrats on the nice kit!
    Moses1986 and mike_r123 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1864 times
    What's you receiver plan?
    Want to buy:
    1966 East German AKM kit
    TYPE 1 kit
    North Korean kit
    Serbian M76 sniper vest (M-99 A3)

If I was not on some government watch list, I'd be insulted.

Member #
    Liked
    1026 times
    Quote Originally Posted by corpsman5 View Post
    those kits are awesome. looks like you got a good one. I absolutely love the smell of those things. every time I got one, the first thing I would do, is smell the wood for a minute. my wife thinks I'm crazy. congrats on the nice kit!
    Not gonna lie I did too:P Still take a whiff every now and then...

The plus is this kit is perfuming the air in my room quite nicely, brings back memories of perusing the surplus rifles at my local gunshops way back when. It's like Grandma's house or something, haha
    Last edited by Moses1986; 06-21-2019 at 03:39 AM.
    corpsman5 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1026 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaponmark View Post
    What's you receiver plan?
    Not 100 percent sure yet? It's a different game than finding a Stamped one, a lot of people seem to say/like Tortort and they offer a push/pin barrel version. I guess the first thing is to decide which barrel to use? Azak pointed me in the right direction with K-var part AK-332CL, but I got to make sure it'll work with my kit first.

Whatever comes from it, it's going to take me some time/money so I want to make it count.

Member #
    Liked
    105 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses1986 View Post
    The Milled Polish KbK kit I ordered from AoA arrived today!!

It's nice to be greeted by the smells of old wood, cosmoline, and a nice cold beer after a stressful workday

"Sorry for the typo in the title, if an admin or mod can correct the spelling, that'd be super"
    Dude, you have been on fire lately! Fight the good fight.
    Moses1986 likes this.
    Big thanks to Moses1986, 10Gauge, Pookie, NFA ARMS, Duck Durbin and everyone that served this country.

Member #
    Liked
    196 times
    I guess the first thing is to decide which barrel to use? Azak pointed me in the right direction with K-var part AK-332CL, but I got to make sure it'll work with my kit first.
    What would the issue with the K-Var barrel be? Journal size? Just asking because I was thinking about buying one of these kits if some money falls out of the sky.

Member #
    Liked
    1026 times
    Well I’m not sure, I have to reach out myself:/

PS If any of you techs on the forum can give any input, it’d be much appreciated

Member #
    Liked
    196 times
    I'm not a tech by any means, but as far as I know that barrel is supposed to be the "go-to" barrel for milled kits. I would think that barrel would be perfect for what you are trying to do with this build, but like you said you might wanna double check with someone more knowledgeable just to make sure. Looks like it's gonna be an awesome build. Good luck and keep us posted.
    Moses1986 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1026 times
    Quote Originally Posted by russian_bot_5791 View Post
    I'm not a tech by any means, but as far as I know that barrel is supposed to be the "go-to" barrel for milled kits. I would think that barrel would be perfect for what you are trying to do with this build, but like you said you might wanna double check with someone more knowledgeable just to make sure. Looks like it's gonna be an awesome build. Good luck and keep us posted.
    Thanks, I'm still learning this stuff would very much like to use that barrel if I can will keep you posted if I learn more.

Member #
    Liked
    214 times
    Very nice kit. If it were mine (no money or I would order one) I would build it as is with Tortort receiver and AK Builder barrel. Its a clone so it does not matter about the pin type barrel retainer. Just make sure you tell you stencil maker that it is a pin type so you can etch the factory and serial number where it will not be on the pin hole. AOA usually knows the date if you ask them. I built 6 milled guns with them as received from AOA.
    Moses1986 and JoeMomma like this.
    11th air assault div 63 65 1st bn abn 8th cav 1st cav vietnam 65 66 11th special forces group 70-74 major sks and ak collector ammunition collector

Member #
    Liked
    912 times
    Wow...what a nice kit. That’s going to be a beautiful rifle when you’re done.
    Moses1986 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    105 times
    Well I’m not sure, I have to reach out myself:/

PS If any of you techs on the forum can give any input, it’d be much appreciated
    If you’re going to use a press in barrel and Tortort receiver, I would ask Tortort for the spec. or size of the barrel cylinder or hole in the receiver. With that measurement you could use it to get a perfectly sized barrel for that hole. If the barrel does have to be cut down to properly fit the receiver hole it’s easier to remove material from the barrel journal than machine the inside of the receiver. Is it supposed to have a thread in barrel?
    Moses1986 likes this.
    Big thanks to Moses1986, 10Gauge, Pookie, NFA ARMS, Duck Durbin and everyone that served this country.

Member #
    Liked
    1026 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekanak47 View Post
    If you’re going to use a press in barrel and Tortort receiver, I would ask Tortort for the spec. or size of the barrel cylinder or hole in the receiver. With that measurement you could use it to get a perfectly sized barrel for that hole. If the barrel does have to be cut down to properly fit the receiver hole it’s easier to remove material from the barrel journal than machine the inside of the receiver. Is it supposed to have a thread in barrel?
    No it doesn't have to be the thread in kind, I'm just concerned with whether or not my barrel components will fit on it properly. Modifying the barrel shouldn't be a problem if it's too big, I could have somebody turn the beastie down for me for the fitment issue if needs be.
    Last edited by Moses1986; 06-21-2019 at 06:22 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors