Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Home defence in country with no fire arms allowed

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Home defence in country with no fire arms allowed

Hello, folks!

I live in Bulgaria. A country in easter Europe with a lot of corruption, a country of criminaks. I was brought here by sorrow. I live in a relatively dangerous place where is almost illegal to defend your self or your home. Its extremely hard for most people to get a fire arm for self defence.

I will mentioned that i own SLR (Bulgarian ak47) but i will use it if SHTF. If four intruders attack me in home with an axes, bats and knives (like usually hapoens) and I shoot them with my AK47 then i will go to jail because i "exceed the thread"... Country of criminals as i said...

So i've started to think about home defence with an airgun. I found there is a relativly cheap semi automatic airgun called Hatsan Sortie. It has approximately 20-22 jaules of energy and muzzle velosity of 700 fps. I.'ve found also that if i get .22 slugs which are twice heavier than the regilular pellets the stoping power will increase and i suppose they will be enough accurate for 15-20 yards. If i put a red dot and with its big magazin (12 shots) i suppose its enough to defend my home (me or my wife) from 2-3 attackers.

What dou you think about it?

Member #
    Liked
    224 times
    I don't know a lot about these airguns but someone here might.

I hear Bulgaria is a beautiful country. My friend loved Bulgaria. The only drawback he mentioned was lots of stray dogs running around.

And I have heard of many European countries with stupid self defense laws like this. You basically have to survey your attacker's weapon then fight them off with the same kind of weapon - or a weapon less deadly than what they are using - or you will end up in jail.

Member #
    Liked
    162 times
    Very sorry to hear about your situation. I applaud you for being innovative in your search for protection. I think you should test your theory before betting anyone’s life on it but you also need to do whatever possible to protect yourself and your family. I have a .22 caliber spring powered pellet gun and it has enough punch to drop a ground hog at 20 yards without even a twitch or flop. Mine is slow to reload but will give someone a definitely bad day with a well placed shot. You might be onto something, never stop fighting. Good luck.
    Big thanks to Moses1986, 10Gauge, Pookie, NFA ARMS, Duck Durbin and everyone that served this country.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    749 times
    What about one of these?
    Attached Images
    Arik, Mekanak47, btr and 5 others like this.
    Howling Byzantine Uncivilized Barbarian

Member #
    Liked
    2795 times
    jrsuds, Mekanak47, btr and 7 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    295 times
    Build yourself one of these

https://youtu.be/Mb1kLqoiDuA

btr

Member #
    Liked
    578 times
    Like wingnut, I first though of dogs.

Member #
    Liked
    8070 times
    Bow and arrow!

But yea....dogs help! Also crazy helps. Step out butt naked with war paint and an axe while screaming Valhalla!
    TRAAK's likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    6305 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Svremeto View Post
    If four intruders attack me in home with an axes, bats and knives (like usually hapoens) and I shoot them with my AK47 then i will go to jail because i "exceed the thread"... Country of criminals as i said...
    Reading that reminds me of the US State New York and what people would be put through for defending themselves.

That said, since the dawn of time no thug has ever liked being set on fire.

"They walked in right when the boiling oil hit its flashpoint. What a tragic accident. Good thing I keep a fire extinguisher handy."

Burn scars makes them very noticable in public if they survive.
    JeepFan likes this.
    Constantly studying spots welds, mag well dimple shapes, center support rivet heads and selector markings for the last 12 years...

BTW - Keep your BFH away from my AK!

WTB Late East German 7.62 top cover and gas tube numbered 687.

Member #
    Liked
    483 times
    Just get a suppressor for your ak.

Member #
    Liked
    8070 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snakebite View Post
    Just get a suppressor for your ak.
    And a good heavy shovel

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    My state used to have those kind of rules for self defense, but luckily things are as they should be now. Have you thought of a crossbow? Granted it's a single shot, but they are deadly.

Member #
    Liked
    1109 times
    Here in the US we have a special place called Wyoming.

Very few people ever get a chance to live there, and I am one of the lucky ones.

In Wyoming they preach and teach the 3 S rule.

Shoot, shovel, shut up.
    JeepFan, Walleye and MPiKM-72 like this.
    ​Valor and Skill

Member #
    Liked
    4772 times
    Welcome to the forum.

It sounds to me like you have a real "wasp" or "hornet" problem in Bulgaria.

Oh my, that thing sprays 27 feet! Now that might have other uses, just saying.

Skip to 4:21 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x5uO2NyWOQ
    MPiKM-72 and TRAAK's like this.

Member #
    Liked
    79 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsuds View Post
    What about one of these?
    Not the best idea if facing someone who has a bat or an axe of some kind. A katana, or any similar Japanese style sword, is not going to be able to block a weapon like that without breaking. They're actually quite flimsy if they're being hit by anything thats not another Katana. Plus with only a single blade, you have to reset with each strike.

If you're going the sword route, a bastard sword or a larger basket hilt rapier would be the way to go. Stronger and double edged so you can attack from any angle while also being able to blow without compromising your weapon.

Japanese swords of any kind kinda suck when you're pitting them against other melee weapons, especially anything coming out of Europe, the Middle East, and even China. Thats why the vast majority of Samurai actually fought with Yari and Naginata rather than Katanas. Katanas were expensive decorative weapons with very very niche fighting application. Yari and Naginata were the real melee weapons.

If you don't go with a sword, a bat or mace would be another option. Maces and bats have another advantage in that they don't have a specific 'blade' so its a little easier to use in a panic.
    Mullo98 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors