The AK Forum

Is this special ? what is it?

Thread: Is this special ? what is it?

Tags: None

will36 said:

Is this special ? what is it?

This is one on my retired buddies finds yesterday. I seen the paperwork. He gave $1200.00 for all of it with a seal bag of South African 308 battle pack. No b/s . He is interested in the ink stamp and serial number. Also the told him the scopes come on the rifles from the factory. ???? Any ideas on that?

62362648_494779411262790_5024104141287325696_n.jpg62603429_461060044652687_1355156400585572352_n.jpg62444020_375606156494592_9193179868462841856_n.jpg 62351518_802382846822217_2639383769919782912_n.jpg

will36 said:
    so no one knows? That stamp a fake? Serial number with US in it mean nothing? there is really nothing on Google images like it I could find.

njkalashnikov said:
    It is a factory inspection stamp similar to, and sometimes confused with, the government acceptance stamp. It doesn’t include the additional characters of the government stamp.
    "Cause bitches don't like to be slapped on the cheek. Yugos need real men to shoot them who know how to hold them tight"
    -daefash

"Only a woman's glance strikes harder than an assault rifle."
    -
    Mikhail Kalashnikov

njkalashnikov said:
    Mark Westrom, ArmaLite`s owner at the time, was a retired Army Ordnance officer. He did it as a nod to the Old Govt acceptance stamp/cartouche and as has been stated to differentiate factory built guns from parts guns.
    "Cause bitches don't like to be slapped on the cheek. Yugos need real men to shoot them who know how to hold them tight"
    -daefash

-
    Mikhail Kalashnikov

will36 said:
    Thank you both! I am tring to talk the guy into keeping it complete not sell the scope off it.

njkalashnikov said:
    $1200 for that combo is a steal, I would keep the rifle together for sure.
    -daefash

-
    Mikhail Kalashnikov

wingnut308 said:
    I dont think that scope is original, but everything else looks correct for a (T) target model

snakebite said:
    They didn’t scope those like that from the factory whoever blew that smoke was silly. Our ol buddy roberto had one just like that and it was stupid accurate. We got to get off our cans every other Saturday and go looking or buy a van and chauffeur the retired trio around.

jrsuds said:
    I have a T and no they didn't come with scopes.
    Attached Images
    Howling Byzantine Uncivilized Barbarian

will36 said:
    Quote Originally Posted by snakebite View Post
    They didn’t scope those like that from the factory whoever blew that smoke was silly. Our ol buddy roberto had one just like that and it was stupid accurate. We got to get off our cans every other Saturday and go looking or buy a van and chauffeur the retired trio around.
    This one of the two David got in that order that the company called and wanted back. "They sent them by mistake" They called and wanted them back. David said sorry they have sold already hahaha

will36 said:
    In all fairness One of my buddies that is finding these is a long time rail road employee. All those guys at the rail road know he has a ffl. So when they get laid off (happens a lot with them) They sell him guns to make the bills. He gets some great deals.