Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Parkland Security Officer Charged

Member #
    Liked
    219 times

Parkland Security Officer Charged

The coward from the Parkland shooting is being charged with child neglect

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...could-n1014231
    JeepFan, scottyb and 43m1garand like this.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I’m glad this happened. Not sure if all the charges will stick, but we will see. The taxpayers shouldn’t have to pay that coward his absurdly high retirement pay and benefits for his inaction.
    JeepFan likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    235 times
    That turd shouldn’t be collecting a paycheck. If I was a judge I would also make him pay for his own stay in prison.
    JeepFan likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11705 times
    Good.
    10Gauge, JeepFan, scottyb and 1 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    968 times
    I don't know where this is going to go, the courts have already ruled a few times that the police have no requirement to actually protect you.
    An earlier court had already made a ruling on this exact person when there was a lawsuit being brought against the state.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/educa...=.15be544106d2
    WTB
    1960s-1986 Russian Kits | Subgun kits of any kind
    1973 dated kits and guns | AIMR-74-PM MD 86 Barrel
    Polish NSP3 Nr L-90048
    PM me, can pay $ or possibly trade.

Member #
    Liked
    4719 times
    Quote Originally Posted by myst173 View Post
    I don't know where this is going to go, the courts have already ruled a few times that the police have no requirement to actually protect you.
    An earlier court had already made a ruling on this exact person when there was a lawsuit being brought against the state.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/educa...=.15be544106d2
    This.

If anything maybe this case will cause more people to realize the police are not obligated to protect you and that they need to take personal safety and protection more serious.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2046 times
    A cop is nothing more than a walking cash register for his/her employer. Regardless, this guy needs to eat a bullet. That's his only honorable way out.
    Last edited by YankeeZulu; 06-05-2019 at 10:46 PM.
    scottyb and akraider like this.

Member #
    Liked
    116 times
    School resource officer may not be the same as a police officer. If he was hired by the school district he may fall under some different set of rules.

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    This subject is a very emotionally charged subject and unfortunately, it has become a political one also. In the end, the outcome will be determined by the law. Based on my knowledge of the law I predict the charge of child neglect will not stand and the other charges will go the same way if not initially certainly on appeal. The man acted cowardly and was fired from the job, I can tell you that for a policeman there is nothing worst. He also will have to live the rest of his life with the stigma of being the coward of Parkland. As far as his pension that remains to be debated based on contractual agreements and laws.

I would like to add that none of this should impact the reputation and the bravery that first responders perform on a daily basis, unfortunately, for the most part, we only hear when something bad happens. Just something to think about..
    Last edited by KillRoy; 06-06-2019 at 07:40 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    5002 times
    A hero dies once.

A coward dies thousands of times.
    btr, Walleye, JeepFan and 1 others like this.
    needs moar AK

or beer

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    A hero dies once.

A coward dies thousands of times.
    scottyb, your absolutely right!!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2046 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    A hero dies once. A coward dies thousands of times.
    "Cowards Die A Thousand Times Before Their Deaths, The Valiant Never Taste Of Death But Once."

-Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar," Act 2 Scene 2

This guy sold his house in FL, the one that Palm Beach Sheriffs were posted outside for weeks as his personal body guard after the incident, and has been hiding out in Murphy, NC... all the way out on the western tip of the state. If that doesn't reek of blatant cowardice, I don't know what does.

With that you have to realize that this guy doesn't care what society at large thinks of him. He's still got his generous pension and benefits package, he got taxpayer-funded counseling after the shooting that I can pretty much guarantee reassured him that he did all he could and that he followed SOP, he has assets and a sizable estate that will provide him with a comfortable retirement, etc, etc, etc. This guy sleeps well at night and takes his meals with satisfaction. He's got this whole thing hashed out in his mind to his mental advantage. For every 10 people out there that condemn him he's got at least one close friend that supports him and reassures him... mostly fellow cops, probably. I've been in a couple pickles myself and watched guys pretty much bitch out, they didn't HAVE to act but they could of and more or less should of. When it was all over they were all about excuses, false bravado, and exaggeration. Cowards know no shame.

Here's a recent video of a Parkland kid actually confronting Peterson and calling him out. Look at the smug expression on his face. That guy is totally convinced he's in the right, he did what he had to, and everyone else can go f**k themselves.

https://www.newsweek.com/parkland-sh...terson-1345430

We got a lot of current and former servicemen in here as well as 1st responders, to include cops, who've I'm sure have been tested. It's not about heroism and glory. It's about simply doing the right thing regardless of what the lawyers or the regs say. We took an oath.

For most of us, this guy's shame would be unbearable. I look back on some of my situations where I could've moved or reacted faster, or made better decisions. Even though I was satisfied with the outcome and lives were actually saved, successfully protected, et al, what I saw as shortcomings ate at me to no end. That simple difference makes all the difference... again, cowards know no shame.
    Last edited by YankeeZulu; 06-07-2019 at 01:20 AM.
    scottyb likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    968 times
    Hiding out in Murphy worked for Eric Rudolph for about 10 years, knowing some of the people up there it wont work out as well for this guy. If he was looking for a place to hide being a coward and not getting called out on it, I think he could have picked a better place.

I agree from a moral standpoint this guy deserves to lose all benefits he had coming to him from a job he absolutely shirked and as a direct result people died. From a legal standpoint I don't know what or if anything can really be done. Police have no duty to risk their lives to protect yours, courts have ruled that for many years, the one exception is if you are in custody and that one exception has it's roots back in trying to prevent lynchings. You'd have a police officer go in and arrest a black man and then turn him over to people wanting to lynch him and defend it by saying there were to many of them, I couldn't stop them, what was I supposed to do? So it was put into the actual laws that police had to protect prisoners in their custody. They're trying to stretch the legal definition of "in custody" to cover him being a resource officer in the school and therefore all the students were "in custody", it sounds good in punishing a coward, but the legal precedent of that being accepted is horrible! Do you really want your children to become wards of the state the second they step on school ground every day?

Really the best revenge on a coward like that is remove all police protection from him and let him spend the rest of his life wondering if the guy walking toward him on the sidewalk is a parent/brother/friend of one of the kids who were killed. He can front all he wants about he made the correct decision, let him worry the rest of his life about what decision someone else has came to.
    YankeeZulu, Walleye and scottyb like this.
    WTB
    1960s-1986 Russian Kits | Subgun kits of any kind
    1973 dated kits and guns | AIMR-74-PM MD 86 Barrel
    Polish NSP3 Nr L-90048
    PM me, can pay $ or possibly trade.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2046 times

Member #
    Liked
    1291 times
    "Cause bitches don't like to be slapped on the cheek. Yugos need real men to shoot them who know how to hold them tight"
    -daefash

"Only a woman's glance strikes harder than an assault rifle."
    -
    Mikhail Kalashnikov

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsors