Parkland Security Officer Charged - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Parkland Security Officer Charged

Member #
    Liked
    151 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    That's a very broad statement. It's true for where I live. The townships here pay very well, many are close to 100k within 5 years without OT and there's very little crime here. However, many other places barely pay anything. In my late teens (late 90s) I used to work around a lot of cops and quiet a few worked two jobs to make ends meet. I remember one was a full time cop and a part time general contractor. My friend that I mentioned works two jobs. One as a cop and the other as a part time game warden. Detroit cops start at $38k. Philadelphia PD start at almost $53k yet the median house price is $154k if you want to live in the ghetto. Slightly better area and it's over $200k. A good area house prices are $500k and up......
    No way in hell I would be a cop in Detroit for 38k a year lmao. My brother was making almost 140 or 150k (can't remember) a year with OT in CA. He took an early retirement though because he had enough bullshit and qualified for one.
    Last edited by Pookie; 06-12-2019 at 08:06 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    7742 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    No way in hell I would be a cop in Detroit for 38k a year lmao. My brother was making almost 140k a year with OT in CA. He took an early retirement though because he had enough bullshit and qualified for one.
    Where in CA? Some areas $140k is poor

Member #
    Liked
    151 times
    Where in CA? Some areas $140k is poor
    Riverside, but poor by who's and what standards?

No cop is poor in California... none. If they say they are you should ask them what do they drive and where do they live.

Have you eveer seen a cop in California walk or take the city bus to work, or live in the hood outside of choice? Hell to the no.

Even if they work in a city where the median home value is through the roof, they are in close enough proximity to an area which is not. Now they may not like middle class, but poor that is not. Besides, poor by American standards really has no weight in comparison to poor in other places of the world.

If you can drive a new car, buy shit you don't need, own a home, have health insurance, a bit of savings, and eat like a fat American. I'd say you're doing pretty damn good for yourself.

That's just my opinion though.
    Last edited by Pookie; 06-12-2019 at 09:27 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    7742 times
    Riverside, but poor by who's and what standards?

No cop is poor in California... none. Even if they work in a city where the median home value is through the roof, they are in close enough proximity to an area which is not. Now they may not like middle class, but poor it is not, and poor by American standards really has no weight in comparison to poor in other places in the world.

If you can drive a new car, buy shit you don't need, own a home, have health insurance, a bit of savings, and eat like a fat American. I'd say you're doing pretty damn good for yourself.

Poor by the only standard that matters.....where you live. We live in the US so that what matters.

Member #
    Liked
    151 times
    Poor by the only standard that matters.....where you live. We live in the US so that what matters.
    What?

I mean it's not an argument, but if a cop makes 54k (which I'm pretty sure that's a starting salary not including OT) a year in Philly, he doesn't have to live in Philly. But if the Median house price is 154k, he can still afford the mortgage on a middle class home.

I make more than that a year but not by much, I live in Florida where the median is slightly higher. I'm doing A-OK. I grew up poor and I can tell you how I'm living now, is not even remotely close to how things were growing up.
    Last edited by Pookie; 06-12-2019 at 09:37 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    33 times

agreed. I hate seeing rich pricks with pointless shit they don’t need. Cops included. I usually yell at cops when I get pulled over, tell them my fucking taxes pay your salary biotch lol
    US Gov Dissident
    Pray like a martyr, dusk till dawn - Tool

Member #
    Liked
    1035 times
    it's hard to judge someone without being in their shoes, but from what I understand (and I don't know much of the details), it seems like he was a total coward. the one time in his whole career that he was actually needed, he ran and hid like a little bitch. that being said, I don't think the taxpayers should have to foot the bill for the retirement of this loser.
    43m1garand likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Quote Originally Posted by corpsman5 View Post
    it's hard to judge someone without being in their shoes, but from what I understand (and I don't know much of the details), it seems like he was a total coward. the one time in his whole career that he was actually needed, he ran and hid like a little bitch. that being said, I don't think the taxpayers should have to foot the bill for this losers retirement.
    Let’s all get together and sue him for being a little bitch 🤘 that’ll hold up in court nowadays right?
    US Gov Dissident
    Pray like a martyr, dusk till dawn - Tool

Member #
    Liked
    7742 times
    What?

I mean it's not an argument, but if a cop makes 54k (which I'm pretty sure that's a starting salary not including OT) a year in Philly, he doesn't have to live in Philly. But if the Median house price is 154k, he can still afford the mortgage on a middle class home.

I make more than that a year but not by much, I live in Florida where the median is slightly higher. I'm doing A-OK. I grew up poor and I can tell you how I'm living now, is not even remotely close to how things were growing up.
    Actually they do. At least it was up to a few years ago. Whether that's still going on or not I don't know. Before it used to be you had to live in Philly to get a city job, then it changed to you have up to 6 months to move to the city after the hiring date. But if you want a city job you have to live in the city...cop, fireman, garbage man, whatever..

Unfortunately housing have skyrocketed. Anywhere worth living is at least $300k.

Member #
    Liked
    7742 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RustySnake View Post
    agreed. I hate seeing rich pricks with pointless shit they donít need.
    Do you need that extra gun? Do you need 30 round mags?

Member #
    Liked
    151 times
    Do you need that extra gun? Do you need 30 round mags?
    Do we need 30 round magazines, are you a Democrat now?

Of course we need 30 round magazines that's the standard capacity.

Member #
    Liked
    7742 times
    Do we need 30 round magazines, are you a Democrat now?

Of course we need 30 round magazines that's the standard capacity.
    Yes I'm a Democrat now!

My point was to "shit they don't need"
    Mullo98 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 43m1garand View Post
    My LEO friend said if you want better cops, cut their salary and get rid of the union. He said they are paid three times what he made and inflation has not gone up three times. He also told me cops used to have to carry a bond on themselves because they could be sued. Now a days, cops have immunity from the city for lawsuits. I am not saying all cops are bad. But some are trained badly and it shows when a cop shoots someone because the cop is scared or shoots a guy in Chicago 18 times when the guy with a knife was walking AWAY from police.
    Hey your LEO friend is a genius! why didn't I think of that? Sure cut their pay, cut their benefits and fire the union. Let's start with your LEO friend and his department. I'm sure this will motivate them to run right out and be better LEO's. Opinions opinions thank god their only opinions>>>>>

Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RustySnake View Post
    agreed. I hate seeing rich pricks with pointless shit they don’t need. Cops included. I usually yell at cops when I get pulled over, tell them my fucking taxes pay your salary biotch lol
    Isn't that nice, to be able to yell at cops, only in America. Go to some other countries and yell at a cop and see what happens!!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1637 times
    ^ ^ Sarcasm, dude... sarcasm.

Here's a similar case to the Minneapolis cop who just went bye-bye. I'd say this cop is screwed. She claims to have come home and entered the wrong apt after her shift and proceeded to smoke the resident after he didn't comply with her commands. Problem is there are NUMEROUS holes in her story plus sound evidence indicating otherwise. I/E- the apt doors automatically close and lock, she marked her apt with a bright red doormat outside the door, and when she called 9-1-1 she had to exit the unit to see where she was. She was also a proven hothead as well and was regularly making social media posts boasting of her heroic lifestyle. Considering there was public outcry over the Minneapolis shooting over "black cop vs. white victim," whereas this one is "white cop vs. black victim" she will be shown no mercy once the verdict is read... and IMO they got her dead to rights. After the Minneapolis verdict last week this broad's got to be shitting herself, and rightly so. She was also charged with some kind of mild resisting arrest, like "unprofessional conduct" or something.

https://www.theroot.com/murder-trial...cer-1833436109

Another disturbing aspect of both these cases is that the cops hastily secured warrants to search the victims' houses, both in Minneapolis and in Dallas in an attempt to smear the victims' name before the public. They did a similar stunt after the Autumn Steele shooting in 2015 so it's safe to say that this is common PD practice when cops murder people, be it intentionally or not.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsors