Future Importation of Combloc firearms and accessories?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Future Importation of Combloc firearms and accessories?

Member #
    Liked
    229 times

Future Importation of Combloc firearms and accessories?

I asked about ammo last year. (So just thinking.) Just went to Gunbroker and as anyone else who has visited noticed the number of dwindling firearms from former Combloc Countries. From those more informed that I. What do you see happening in the immediate future? 5 years and beyond?
    "I have been persecuted but never prosecuted." Antony C. Sutton regarding his books. It's mildly amusing to see "Groupthink".

Member #
    Liked
    1404 times
    Get 'em while you can because they are only going to dwindle more and more.
    JoeMomma, Greyeagle and TRAAK's like this.

Member #
    A dark, ruined castle in Transylvania. Otherwise known as Mississippi
    Liked
    779 times
    I’m by no means an expert; just a lover of Combloc guns and a relatively new shooter. But I believe that we will see the end of affordable Mosins, SKSs, maks and the like by then. None them are probably going to come in due to import bans, wars, and just none of them left to buy.
    Interested in Middle Eastern, South Asian and Yugoslavian AKs and gear. “ Only a woman can break his spell...”

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
    Sure are. The days of $75 SKS and $85 Mosin Nagant rifles are long gone. Went to a show last week. Mosin Nagant rifles not carbines $375. Chinese SKS $500 and up OH BOY. Things have gone crazy in the gun world.

Member #
    Liked
    116 times
    Eastern block is slowing down for sure and prices are rising. Get what you can now beofre the left gets in the WH and then you will see even more options dry up. Buy cheap, stack deep!

Member #
    Liked
    133 times
    Buy, buy, buy, buy!!

While your at it, you better buy Russian ammo before they can that too. It really sucks but that's the way it is, and nothing ever gets better in the firearm world. I think the AWB expiration is the only time the gun community has really won, or at least since I've been alive.

You gotta think too, we're living in a Trump administration. What happens when the Democrats regain control, it's not just be combloc stuff getting more expensive. We are going to be in a world of hurt again I'm affraid. I'm treating this administration like it's my last being an American straight up.
    Last edited by Pookie; 05-29-2019 at 03:29 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    9496 times
    Nature of surplus. Used to be K98s for dirt cheap by the barrel full, cheap and plentiful P-08s, etc. M91s, SKSs, parts kits were just the trend most of us remember in this age. As time passes, I'm sure there'll be another phase of surplus, depending on world conditions, but even if not, I think there's a lot of openings out there. If we look at the bright side of current AK offerings, then we have more expensive parts kits, but far better options for building, receivers, and 922r compliance. Not to mention the impending arrival of FEG options, which should be quite a shakeup.

For the future, I think AK stuff will probably be like the WBP kits, so it won't be the dirt cheap stuff of yesteryear, but not completely gone either. I also hold out hope that someone will eventually make a domestic offering that isn't cast horseshit.
    philippes, Mullo98 and Augusta AK like this.
    "Men who are not free... always idealize their bondage." - Boris Pasternak

Disclaimer: I have been informed that I exist solely as a shill for false flag operations on behalf of not only the United States federal government, but the Illuminati, Majestic 12, Area 51, and Nike. I do not own any firearms (so I've been told) and instead attain self-gratification exclusively with Nerf guns.

©Daedalus Self-Aware Technologies 2009-2017 P.S. ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!! RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!

Member #
    Liked
    4592 times
    The future of comblocs stuff is pretty dim, especially since there ain't been a comblocs for several years now.
    Mullo98, Thrasher, Walleye and 2 others like this.
    needs moar AK

or beer

Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Buy, buy, buy, buy!!

While your at it, you better buy Russian ammo before they can that too. It really sucks but that's the way it is, and nothing ever gets better in the firearm world. I think the AWB expiration is the only time the gun community has really won, or at least since I've been alive.

You gotta think too, we're living in a Trump administration. What happens when the Democrats regain control, it's not just be combloc stuff getting more expensive. We are going to be in a world of hurt again I'm affraid. I'm treating this administration like it's my last being an American straight up.
    The Sky is Falling!!!! Quick move to Mexico where you can get a REAL AKM cheap.
    njkalashnikov likes this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11150 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
    This all day long. Aside from supplies drying up as normal, the EU has really put the clamps down on exporting certain items. The happy times are over, so get what you what as soon as you can.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    300 times
    Combination of the EU and the UN trying to completely eliminate private ownership of guns world wide. That is a reason I am trying to buy one of the Hungarian Draganov. I am going to pass it to my Grandson unfired with two cans of 7n1 ammo.

Buy what you want NOW. Rent, dating, fast cars can wait and will always be available. Guns will not.
    pwcosol and MLK like this.

Member #
    Liked
    133 times
    Quote Originally Posted by maus45 View Post
    The Sky is Falling!!!! Quick move to Mexico where you can get a REAL AKM cheap.
    What sky? The sky does not exist.

Matrix 4 Life!
    Greyeagle likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    9496 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk45 View Post
    Rent, dating, fast cars can wait and will always be available.
    Actually those are a precious commodity now, too... A date can leave you penniless, a fast car is against EPA regs, and rent is, well, rent.
    Mullo98 likes this.
    "Men who are not free... always idealize their bondage." - Boris Pasternak

Disclaimer: I have been informed that I exist solely as a shill for false flag operations on behalf of not only the United States federal government, but the Illuminati, Majestic 12, Area 51, and Nike. I do not own any firearms (so I've been told) and instead attain self-gratification exclusively with Nerf guns.

©Daedalus Self-Aware Technologies 2009-2017 P.S. ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!! RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    IMO Russian ammo getting banned from import is more likely than the US banning Polish, Serb, Romanian, Bulgarian, or Hungarian imports. That's not too say that the EU can't screw this up...but my money is on a full embargo on all Russian arms/ammo/accessories happening first.

If it happens it's going to have a huge impact on the 7.62x39mm market as well as the AK market. Doesn't really matter if x39 is made in other countries or not, Russian manufactures produce a huge amount of the AK ammo that is on the budget end of things and the price increases that result will be a game changer. IMO it might even signal the beginning of the end for the AK market in the US...sorta like 74s decreasing popularity after ammo availability concerns (as opposed to actual shortages) became a thing.
    Last edited by jekbrown; 05-29-2019 at 07:11 PM.

Member #
    Northeast Georgia with both Mid-Missouri and So-California in the heart
    Liked
    34 times
    So, I guess I should hold on to my three remaining AK platforms: Kassnar FEG SA 85M folder, Robinson 7.62v39 VEPR, and Kalashnikov USA 7.62x39 Saiga. I sold off my Arsenal SLR 95 and TGI FEG AMD 65 to pay for the move from Pennsylvania to Georgia a couple of months back.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors