Using 5.56 in a 7.62. Where did this rumor come from? - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Using 5.56 in a 7.62. Where did this rumor come from?

Member #
    Liked
    10013 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    I shot a potato out of a pvc pipe once.
    b74.gif
    scottyb and Fiorentino like this.
    "Men who are not free... always idealize their bondage." - Boris Pasternak

Disclaimer: I have been informed that I exist solely as a shill for false flag operations on behalf of not only the United States federal government, but the Illuminati, Majestic 12, Area 51, and Nike. I do not own any firearms (so I've been told) and instead attain self-gratification exclusively with Nerf guns.

©Daedalus Self-Aware Technologies 2009-2017 P.S. ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!! RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8381 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    I shot a potato out of a pvc pipe once.
    Same here! But mine involved a one armed stripper standing on a street corner!

Dont ask. Its a hell of a story..
    scottyb, Mullo98 and YankeeZulu like this.

Member #
    Liked
    10013 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 22many View Post
    Same here! But mine involved a one armed stripper standing on a street corner!

Dont ask. Its a hell of a story..
    She give half off?
    scottyb, TRAAK's, 22many and 1 others like this.
    "Men who are not free... always idealize their bondage." - Boris Pasternak

Disclaimer: I have been informed that I exist solely as a shill for false flag operations on behalf of not only the United States federal government, but the Illuminati, Majestic 12, Area 51, and Nike. I do not own any firearms (so I've been told) and instead attain self-gratification exclusively with Nerf guns.

©Daedalus Self-Aware Technologies 2009-2017 P.S. ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!! RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11564 times
    Those damn interwebs...
    TRAAK's and Mullo98 like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1916 times
    In the early days of GWOT not long after 9-11 US SOF experimented with AR’s chambered in 7.62x39 for their long range teams. The logic obviously was that there was always an abundance of 7.62 laying around the OBJ’s readily available for immediate use, and teams were finding themselves critically low on 5.56 after hits. KAC produced a few rifles for testing but the project never really gained traction. I want to say a few examples made it downrange and were actually implemented but I could be wrong. The rifle was designated the SR-47 and it took AK mags as well. There’s one left in the SOCOM museum and I’d imagine KAC’s museum but they were never produced in large numbers.

So think about it- if 5.56 and 7.62 WP were interchangeable why would a project like this even need to stand up? Other than the fact that the Army is one of the most retarded organizations on the planet of course.
    Romstar1 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2030 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nobody View Post
    Attachment 262891
    Houston we have a problem
    Exactly. I don’t how this can even be a theoretical discussion.

We’ve all got an AK and some 5.56, don’t we? Try to chamber a 5.56 round and the bolt isn’t even close to locking into battery. It’s not even begun to turn and the carrier’s about an inch away from going all the way forward, so it blocks the back end of the firing pin.
    TRAAK's and Romstar1 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by n4aof View Post
    And.300BLK "doesn't chamber" in 5.56, but that doesn't stop people from firing .300BLK in a 5.56 AR does it?

I have absolutely no interest in actually trying 5.56x45 in a 7.62x39 chamber but glancing at the chamber dimensions suggests that a 5.56 round might chamber -- if it did, the ballistics would be nearly useless, with an effective range very close to muzzle contact
    When has this ever happened? That is, someone fired .300 BLK from a 5.56 chambered gun...

Member #
    Liked
    7990 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Romstar1 View Post
    When has this ever happened? That is, someone fired .300 BLK from a 5.56 chambered gun...
    Been a few

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Wow...I have never seen this and am trying to figure it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbfIkaNlECo

Looks pretty much like you will kill your weapon even trying this....

Member #
    Liked
    7990 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Romstar1 View Post
    Wow...I have never seen this and am trying to figure it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbfIkaNlECo

Looks pretty much like you will kill your weapon even trying this....
    Correct. Not recommended

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    .300 Blackout is MADE FROM 5.56 Brass, cut down reformed for a .308 bullet. Even the OAL of the loaded round is identical and by a quirk of coincidence, the taper of a .308 bullet allows the round to fully seat and chamber in a 5.56 barrel. EVERYTHING on the AR is exactly the same EXCEPT the barrel. The BOLT is a 5.56 bolt (so it strips and fires a .300blk) the Mags are the SAME so the insert into a 5.56 receiver and STRIP into the chamber because the case dimensions are 5.56....and the .308 diameter bullet WILL fit the CHAMBER up to the point it reaches the .5.56 diameter barrel. Once fired, the .30caliber slug becomes a 100% barrel PLUG and the catastrophic explosion that follows is EPIC and possibly deadly to the "operator"...depending on which way the bomb fragments fly.
    MOST .300blk owners who also have AR15's will make sure the .300blk mags are CLEARLY MARKED. Casual glance at a mag full of .223 vs .300blk can be hard to tell. Mixing 5.56 AR with .300blk on a range trip and shooting both can be hazardous to your health unless you are extremely cautious. I know several AR owners who will not get into .300blk for this very reason.
    ryanr256 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeZulu View Post
    I'm pretty sure both Warsaw Pact and NATO intentionally designed their ammunitions to be completely non-compliant to each other's weapons, whenever possible anyway. In some cases(no pun intended) such as 9x18mm/9x19mm pistol ammo and 81mm/82mm mortars rounds the 1mm offset was implemented specifically so we each couldn't field the other guy's munition.
    I'm pretty sure the 9x19mm cartridge was designed in 1902 by the Germans for the Luger pistol, not by NATO 45 some-odd years later to stymy Russian battlefield implementation of our munitions. I'm also pretty sure the reason NATO adopted it was because it was already the standard caliber for most members.
    Last edited by kwb377; 05-13-2019 at 12:29 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    I've actually seen this happen first hand. Guy on the range was shooting Tulammo steel cased 223 and 762 out of his AR and new-to-him AK. Guess he mixed his rounds iand 2 of the 223 rounds made it into the mag for his AK. Was shooting fine until he had a misfeed, he racked it again which forced the 223 round into the chamber and then fired. He got a strange sound BANG and a face-full of unburnt powder for his efforts. At this point, I asked him if he needed help. Walked over to his bench, had him just put the AK down. Dropped the mag, tried to rack the casing out but the extractor wasn't grabbing it. Stripped out the dust cover and BCG, knocked the stuck casing out with a cleaning rod. Out popped a completely split Tulammo 223 casing. Checked the mag and saw he had another 223 round at the top of the mag. I have no idea where the actual bullet ended up impacting. He was shooting at 25yd and we couldn't find and 223 holes (yawing or otherwise).

So besides the face full of unburnt powder, you could technically fire a 223 out of a 762, you'd just have to force it in there. I don't know why you'd want to since it has the potential to blow up in your face and no way of knowing where the bullet would end up.
    btr and Mullo98 like this.

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    3593 times
    My money is on a future nominee

Mullo98 and JoeMomma like this.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"

-Benjamin Franklin

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Yo, pretty sure this work in the krink, Ashfaq is right on. Krink is 5.45 btw (for you new guys)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors