alternatives to paypal
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: alternatives to paypal

Member #
    Liked
    4410 times

alternatives to paypal

i think paypal is probably going to ditch me. people keep putting gun words in the description...
    happned a couple years ago and twice in the last week. i hung up the other day as soon as they said "this is so and so from paypal".
    ive thought about credit cards.
    google pay, venmo, zelle, any others?
    pros and cons?
    what do you think is easiest for someone to sign up for and use?
    maybe the question should be whats the most popular.
    MPiKM-72, scottyb and Hootbro like this.
    not taking new work

Member #
    Liked
    1053 times
    I see people using Zelle more often. Are most banks allowing you to use this with their online banking?
    BR7.62 likes this.
    WTB:

Russian Type 1 or 2 parts/kit

Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    I have been using Zelle for couple of years now and i wish more people used it instead of paypal. It is fast, convenient and directly from your bank. It used to have a $2000 daily limit i do not know if it changed. But overall a great alternative without paypal hassles
    BR7.62 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    I'm using Cash App and Venmo as alternatives...both are great so far.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    216 times
    That sucks man. I never put anything in the comments box for this reason.
    Does Zelle have fees and or a gift option?
    Greyeagle and MPiKM-72 like this.
    WTB: Russian PLO Parts KITS
    Type 1-2-3 Russian Barrels / Deact kits
    Late 70s Russian AKM kits

Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    Zelle has no fees, it is a service some banks offer for free

Quote Originally Posted by AKlineman View Post
    That sucks man. I never put anything in the comments box for this reason.
    Does Zelle have fees and or a gift option?
    scottyb and MPiKM-72 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    4410 times
    its to bad theyre so antigun...
    so been reading some alternatives to paypal articles.
    zelle doesnt even seem to come up.
    google pay or amazon seem decent. also seems easy since most people have a google and/or paypal.
    one article lists one of google pays pros as: the security is solid
    and the same article under google pay cons: the security still scares us a bit.
    so lol, is anything they right worth a shit? https://ecommerce-platforms.com/arti...natives#Google
    MPiKM-72 and Thrasher like this.
    not taking new work

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11353 times
    Subscribe Star and Patreon are being used by others, especially in the YouTube community, that are having issues with PP. From what I can tell, the people and creators who use these services seem happy.
    If you think the PP thing is problem, better keep an eye out for what's happening with MasterCard right now. It seems that they will be voting on the issue of having a "human rights" panel decide who and who should not be allowed to use their services. As I understand it, the board over at MasterCard is letting shareholders know this would be a bad idea, but I can tell you this, if they pass that shit, dump them immediately.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    2005 times
    Zelle works great. A little sticky on weekends for some reason. Have twice had people’s payments sent on a Saturday not go through initially, then work fine the second time.

Might be some kind of weekend maintenance being performed by one of the banks? Or just that one bank talking to another different bank is inherently glitchy?

Google Pay is better, but even though it’s easily available on everyone’s phone, seems like people are reluctant to use it. Google leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Maybe others feel the same about them.

Venmo is problematic. Guess who owns it. Paypal! I won’t use it for business because of that. Also they have a warning in the fine print that it’s not intended for commerce, but instead is only for people who “know each other” to “split restaurant bills” and the like. LOL. More concerning is their threat that all transactions are reviewed for infractions of this rule, and I believe it because the one time I was paid through Venmo it stayed in limbo overnight until it finally posted to my bank.
    MPiKM-72 and scottyb like this.

Member #
    Liked
    400 times
    Besides PP I just got Cash app at a customer's request. Seems to work great but it is not for business use.

Member #
    Liked
    7848 times
    I use this at work a lot. Might not be for everyone.

If you have a well known bank...ie Wells Fargo, Bank of America, TD...etc.. just have them make a direct deposit. You do need to give out your name, account#, city/state. I know it sounds sketchy but they can only deposit. This is a very very common thing in my industry and no one has problems.

Or....

They can transfer funds via their banking app.
    MPiKM-72 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    6178 times
    I just became aware of paypal now requiring a "Paypal cash accout" that requires my SSN and DOB or other "taxpayer ID' on top of what they already have. This is a result of a new regulation issued by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Apparently this change went into affect on March 29, 2019. I can't help but think of what future regulation this "taxpayer ID" will enable.

After months without an eBay sale I had about $300 in items all sell last weekend - weird - but now I can only accumulate money from items sold and then deposit the money into my bank account instead of using the paypal funds directly to buy the axle I made an offer on last night. I use this money for "trading".

Tiresome.

Last edited by MPiKM-72; 05-02-2019 at 08:29 AM.
    Constantly studying spots welds, mag well dimple shapes, center support rivet heads and selector markings for the last 12 years...

BTW - Keep your BFH away from my AK!

WTB Late East German 7.62 top cover and gas tube numbered 687.

Member #
    Liked
    6178 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard W. View Post
    Zelle works great. A little sticky on weekends for some reason. Have twice had people’s payments sent on a Saturday not go through initially, then work fine the second time.

Might be some kind of weekend maintenance being performed by one of the banks? Or just that one bank talking to another different bank is inherently glitchy?

Google Pay is better, but even though it’s easily available on everyone’s phone, seems like people are reluctant to use it. Google leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Maybe others feel the same about them.

Venmo is problematic. Guess who owns it. Paypal! I won’t use it for business because of that. Also they have a warning in the fine print that it’s not intended for commerce, but instead is only for people who “know each other” to “split restaurant bills” and the like. LOL. More concerning is their threat that all transactions are reviewed for infractions of this rule, and I believe it because the one time I was paid through Venmo it stayed in limbo overnight until it finally posted to my bank.
    Your sales requiring Zelle caught my attention (fine Yugo kit BTW).

I trust the Clintons more than I trust Google.
    scottyb, Richard W. and JeepFan like this.
    Constantly studying spots welds, mag well dimple shapes, center support rivet heads and selector markings for the last 12 years...

BTW - Keep your BFH away from my AK!

WTB Late East German 7.62 top cover and gas tube numbered 687.

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    3562 times
    I can't speak to the business aspect of this stuff, but as a customer of yours I do love Venmo. I guess it's pretty much like Paypal F&F? I'd have no problem using venmo with vendors I trust
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"

-Benjamin Franklin

Member #
    Liked
    2005 times
    Beware of Venmo. You have to dig a little to find the terms of use, but they threaten to reverse the payments, "even after you've withdrawn them", if they discover you are using it for the sale of goods. I don't think a $30 or $40 payment would arouse suspicion, but I'd worry about a $700 gun sale. They have an algorithm that flags unusual activity.

It's supposed to be part of "social media," and I suppose that's why they emphasize sharing your phone and email contacts with the app.
    Fiorentino and Thrasher like this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsors