Well the NRA seems to be imploding right now.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Well the NRA seems to be imploding right now.

Member #
    Liked
    1935 times

Well the NRA seems to be imploding right now.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...down/23718342/

A contentious public infight within the National Rifle Association came to a head on Saturday with the organization's president, retired Lt. Col. Oliver North, announcing that he will not return for a second term.
    North had intended to make an appearance at the organization's national convention in Indianapolis over the weekend, but instead of attending, Richard Childress, who serves as one of the NRA's current vice presidents, read a letter on his behalf.
    "Please note, I hoped to be with you today as interim president endorsed for reelection. I'm now informed that will now not happen," Childress read to a convention hall full of NRA members. "I've been on the NRA board for more than two decades, it was a great privilege to serve as your president this past year."
    North's departure comes amid a heated battle with Wayne LaPierre, chief executive officer and the longtime spiritual leader of the NRA. North reportedly asked LaPierre to resign from his post earlier this week as the organization faces challenges surrounding fundraising and its nonprofit status, the New York Times reported.
    My Take;
    La Pierra's shelf life has expired years ago. I think as members we need to demand his departure.

Member #
    Liked
    919 times
    yeah, I can imagine that North had uncovered some shady crap that La Pierre was doing.
    Averageman and Mullo98 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    119 times
    The Board of Directors need to oust Wayne on Monday but they are all his lackeys so I doubt that will happen. His outright theft of organization funds while moving the group in the wrong direction (supporting red flag laws, executive action for the bumpstock ban, taking money from Russia) has become evident and the whole organization needs some sunlight as a disinfectant. Ollie North is no White Knight in this saga but there needs to be change at the top.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1935 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Punk View Post
    The Board of Directors need to oust Wayne on Monday but they are all his lackeys so I doubt that will happen. His outright theft of organization funds while moving the group in the wrong direction (supporting red flag laws, executive action for the bumpstock ban, taking money from Russia) has become evident and the whole organization needs some sunlight as a disinfectant. Ollie North is no White Knight in this saga but there needs to be change at the top.
    I'm of the opinion that LaPierre has essentially sold out the membership of the NRA by his actions or lack there of on many key issues. He simply has to go ASAP.
    I get calls and junk mail from the NRA, always begging for more money, I hate to think any of the money that I have sent them went toward the 200K Wayne spent on his wardrobe.
    If he's that much of a turncoat to use NRA funds that way, I would guess he can be bought like a cheap whore.
    Moses1986, Thrasher and akraider like this.

Member #
    Liked
    9316 times
    You mean to tell me that an organization that supported NFA '34, GCA'68, the machine gun ban, AWB '94, despite purporting to support the 2nd Amendment and gun owners, just might in fact have some bureaucratic problems, to include very dirty people at the top?

Color me shocked!
    "Men who are not free... always idealize their bondage." - Boris Pasternak

Disclaimer: I have been informed that I exist solely as a shill for false flag operations on behalf of not only the United States federal government, but the Illuminati, Majestic 12, Area 51, and Nike. I do not own any firearms (so I've been told) and instead attain self-gratification exclusively with Nerf guns.

ęDaedalus Self-Aware Technologies 2009-2017 P.S. ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!! RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!

Member #
    Liked
    921 times
    Gun Owners of America, Nuff Said
    otus and philippes like this.

Member #
    Liked
    975 times
    Went to the convention on Friday and had a great time. Everything seemed normal with no hint as to what was going to go down on Saturday.

Guessing North got tired of some of the stuff Lord Wayne was pulling and wanted to pull the plug, but one person against LaPierre isn't going to cut it. With all the compromise lately, like giving up bump-stocks, has got to stop. No more concessions to our rights, and how about rolling back some unconstitutional laws?

Wayne must go and a new wave of true second amendment backers need to take over.

On the other hand, the show was amazing, with not only every major manufacturer there with more firearms than you can dream about, but there were more smaller companies present that I could imagine. Also got to meet some true legends like Jerry Miculek, several company owners, and of course the great Chuck Norris. Great show of what should be a great organization that needs a little trimming to return to what it should be.
    akraider and 43m1garand like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1935 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses1986 View Post
    Gun Owners of America, Nuff Said
    I would totally agree, however I'm rather stuck with supporting the NRA as the private range I belong to makes NRA membership a prerequisite for gun club membership.
    I did bring this up in a meeting and the straight up answer was NRA or no membership. I would guess at some time or another they might have had some influence on what happened in the founding of our club.
    LaPierre has to leave ASAP.
    Moses1986 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    286 times
    Things have been going to crap ever since LaPierre did away with the Cincinnati revolt reforms. Without them the members really have no power anymore. That is why a bunch of us fought so hard for them then! I was there when Harlon Carter pushed them thru in a dandy floor fight.

Member #
    Liked
    286 times
    Probably has to do with the NRA being the source for the range insurance. From them is about the only place you can get it at a reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I would totally agree, however I'm rather stuck with supporting the NRA as the private range I belong to makes NRA membership a prerequisite for gun club membership.
    I did bring this up in a meeting and the straight up answer was NRA or no membership. I would guess at some time or another they might have had some influence on what happened in the founding of our club.
    Moses1986 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    The Yankee Marshal on YouTube has countless videos on how bad the NRA is and gives an insight on how they work against 2A. I cancelled my membership a couple of years ago.
    NRA is nothing but a money making machine.
    Oh yeah, Tim from MAC has a lot of beef with them too.

Member #
    Liked
    921 times
    That's a rough situation I just hope more and more people will migrate over to the GOA and support them so that they can have a stronger influence defending our Gun Rights. The way the Anti Gun left paints the NRA is exactly what they are showing themselves to be and that's not good for Gun Owners at all. It's time to gnaw this diseased leg off before it takes the body with it, and get competent people behind the wheel defending our rights.
    Averageman likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2487 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk45 View Post
    Probably has to do with the NRA being the source for the range insurance. From them is about the only place you can get it at a reasonable price.
    Or probably has to do with the subpoenas they just received for their finances.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    10921 times
    I'm in the same boat as well, and as much as I'm not very happy with the NRA right now, I recognize that they are a powerful lobby for gun rights. They need a shakeup at the top right now, and hopefully it happens soon.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    862 times
    I've never, and will never, give to the NRA. They may be a 2A lobbying group, but so are a bunch of the weird right-wing religious fundamental politicians. I can't support you for 2A alone when I know you're up to other nefarious shit.

I've thought about supporting the GoA since they're focused on 2A and none of the other fundamentalist kowtow shit. Oh, and they're not about to get ass-fucked over their finances.
    Mullo98 likes this.
    "God's away on business."

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors