Well the NRA seems to be imploding right now. - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Well the NRA seems to be imploding right now.

Member #
    Liked
    196 times
    I'll never forgive the NRA for trading legal $200 full-auto conversion tax stamps for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in 1986 with the Hughes Amendment of the FOPA. Shut down the MG registry and priced the working man out of the full-auto fun switch market forever. The NRA also lied and said they were going to sue to overturn The Hughes Amendment and NEVER EVEN TRIED to take it to court. Not like Wayne and Chris care, though. With the kind of cash they are pulling in they can afford to own transferable machine guns - and probably do. I know for a FACT Chris Cox has a few transferable machine guns. It's because of these tools trading away our rights for garbage like the FOPA none of us can pay for a $200 tax stamp and turn our AK's into REAL AK's.

I still can't believe we traded full-auto for a "promise" from the feds to not keep a computer database of who owns what kind of guns. Everyone with any sense knows they know who owns what - especially now that the internet exists. They know who owns guns and what kind they own, believe me. They also track and catalog millions of internet purchases, too. Not just for guns either but for ammo, tactical gear, body armor, parts, and parts kits as well. Don't believe me? Go read that recent indictment they made of that "White Nationalist Terrorist" US Coast Guard guy from a month or so ago. He was arrested for "terrorism" charges for basically not liking liberals, buying gun parts and ammo on the internet, and writing himself an angry draft email he never sent to anyone. The indictment listed every single gun and gun-related purchase he had made going back years whether it took place online or at brick and mortar store. Everything that he had purchased using plastic, anyway. He had a pretty basic bitch gun collection too - and yet they still brought the hammer down on him for "stockpiling weapons". You can't tell me they are keeping their end of the bargain in regards to the '86 FOPA and "not keeping a digital database of firearms owners" and the types of guns they own. Just look at how quickly they figure out where terrorists or mass shooters purchased their weapons after they "Allah ackbar" or go on an incel shooting rampage. When that ISIS couple shot up that Christmas Party in San Bernardino they knew the very same day where they had made their purchase. Same with that Cruz nutjob who shot up that high school in Florida.

They track and file away gun-related internet searches as well. You can bet your ass they do. With the amount of data the NSA and other government entities are collecting with as wide of a net they are casting, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if every gun owner had a dossier filed away in some government cloud server somewhere. These are filed in some sort of database that doesn't respond to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests. I think they are called "S Files" to get around the FOIA. Thanks to the "War on Terror" (a war that never ends) and the Patriot Act there is no telling what they are up to in regards to firearms owner data, and the NRA with their "red flag law" loving asses aren't doing anything at all to stop it you can be sure.
    Last edited by russian_bot_5791; 04-29-2019 at 03:37 PM. Reason: spelling error
    Mullo98 likes this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11351 times
    Quote Originally Posted by davehal9000 View Post
    The "assault weapons ban" back in the '90s was the end of my respect for the NRA. They gave us all up to protect the Fudds and their hunting rifles and shotguns. Glad to see them have the banner's panties in a soiled wad and shoved up their cracks too far for comfort, but will never trust the NRA again after the ban
    I remember seeing that crap on Cspan....still pisses me off.
    Mullo98 likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    9793 times
    Quote Originally Posted by russian_bot_5791 View Post
    I'll never forgive the NRA for trading legal $200 full-auto conversion tax stamps for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in 1986 with the Hughes Amendment of the FOPA.

With the amount of data the NSA and other government entities are collecting with as wide of a net they are casting, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if every gun owner had a dossier filed away in some government cloud server somewhere.
    To the first point: This is incorrect; we actually got a lot from FOPA. Like buying ammo online and having it sent to your door? FOPA allowed for that. It's lost teeth over the years due to various states refusing to respect it, but FOPA by and large undid a lot of damage from GCA '68. Everything from surplus C&R rifles to ammunition sales without needing a special license are thanks to FOPA. The MG ban was just a poison pill put in by Hughes in the hopes that it wouldn't be passed. It's actually on shaky legal ground as it is, but since nobody challenged it (guess who), it still stands. Had we played our cards right, we could have traded bump stocks for opening up the MG registry again, but too many folks were incompetent about that whole ordeal.

For the second: Anyone who thinks we have total anonymity in the entire world is fooling themselves. There's data out there on everyone and there's no getting around it. The only good part is that having all this data makes it very difficult to get through without huge expenditures in money and resources. It isn't something you just set up in Excel or Access and go "lookup: gun owners" and poof have a magic list to go door-to-door with. If you owe someone a million dollars, you have a problem; if you owe someone 10 million dollars, they have a problem. Same thing with data.
    elmoreoocyte likes this.
    "Men who are not free... always idealize their bondage." - Boris Pasternak

Disclaimer: I have been informed that I exist solely as a shill for false flag operations on behalf of not only the United States federal government, but the Illuminati, Majestic 12, Area 51, and Nike. I do not own any firearms (so I've been told) and instead attain self-gratification exclusively with Nerf guns.

ęDaedalus Self-Aware Technologies 2009-2017 P.S. ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!! RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    196 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    The Yankee Marshal on YouTube has countless videos on how bad the NRA is
    I have a real unnatural hatred for that guy but he's not wrong about the NRA.
    Gman likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    196 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye View Post
    To the first point: This is incorrect; we actually got a lot from FOPA. Like buying ammo online and having it sent to your door?
    Yeah and now they get to keep track of just how much you get delivered to your door. Home delivery of ammo and cheap C&R Mosin-Nagants was in no way worth closing down the machine gun registry. Not in a million years. Not in my opinion, anyway.

Member #
    Liked
    9793 times
    Yeah and now they get to keep track of just how much you get delivered to your door. Home delivery of ammo and cheap C&R Mosin-Nagants was in no way worth closing down the machine gun registry. Not in a million years. Not in my opinion, anyway.
    Versus tracking how much you get from the gun dealer? They still know either way.

I'd rather have 20 people who own Mosins willing to fight for our rights than a single machine gun owner who goes "fuck y'all, I got mine!"
    elmoreoocyte and 43m1garand like this.

Disclaimer: I have been informed that I exist solely as a shill for false flag operations on behalf of not only the United States federal government, but the Illuminati, Majestic 12, Area 51, and Nike. I do not own any firearms (so I've been told) and instead attain self-gratification exclusively with Nerf guns.

ęDaedalus Self-Aware Technologies 2009-2017 P.S. ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!! RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Versus tracking how much you get from the gun dealer? They still know either way. I'd rather have 20 people who own Mosins willing to fight for our rights than a single machine gun owner who goes "fuck y'all, I got mine!"
    Yeah, if you use a credit card. All credit card transactions are tracked and the data is sold by credit card companies. Google does it with Google Pay and Apple might with Apple pay even though they supposedly are more about privacy. Another tricky way they do targeted ads, with Google anyways, aside from them scanning every email sent through Gmail. GOA is the only one I'd give money to anymore but I was only ever an NRA member because of an outdoor range that required it.

Member #
    Liked
    196 times
    I'd rather have 20 people who own Mosins willing to fight for our rights than a single machine gun owner who goes "fuck y'all, I got mine!"
    FOPA created an entire class of gun owners with the "F*** y'all, I got mine!" attitude. If you think getting a bunch of $150 WWI-era bolt guns in exchange for being able to pay a $200 tax stamp and turn a civilian AR-15 into the exact same gun a modern infantryman uses was a "good deal" then I guess you are entitled to that opinion.

Member #
    Liked
    9793 times
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdal View Post
    Yeah, if you use a credit card. All credit card transactions are tracked and the data is sold by credit card companies. Google does it with Google Pay and Apple might with Apple pay even though they supposedly are more about privacy. Another tricky way they do targeted ads, with Google anyways, aside from them scanning every email sent through Gmail. GOA is the only one I'd give money to anymore but I was only ever an NRA member because of an outdoor range that required it.
    You are aware that prior to FOPA, a gun dealer was required to record ammunition sales in a logbook, just like 4473 purchases, correct? If you're really concerned about credit card transactions then there are other ways to send money. Once again, the data is so thick that it becomes meaningless because so many people are doing the same thing.

FOPA created an entire class of gun owners with the "F*** y'all, I got mine!" attitude. If you think getting a bunch of $150 WWI-era bolt guns in exchange for being able to pay a $200 tax stamp and turn a civilian AR-15 into the exact same gun a modern infantryman uses was a "good deal" then I guess you are entitled to that opinion.
    FOPA also introduced far more gun owners that we might otherwise not have today. Everyone from the broke 18 year old who didn't have the scratch for anything more expensive to the 50 year old fudd who thought paying more than $100 for a firearm was stupid. Machine guns were and still are a very small amount of the total firearms in circulation for a variety of reasons and the machine gun ban didn't change any of that. The fact that the transferable ones go for stupid money is evidence of such.

A lot of you really just don't seem to get how bad things were between 1968 and 1986 for gun owners.
    Mullo98 and jrsuds like this.

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    1062 times
    Military Curio & Relic had nothing to do with FOPA. Bob Dole snuck that legislation through in a foreign trade bill that was hundreds of pages long. No one knew it was in the bill till it passed. Koodo's to Senator Dole!
    Walleye and Leviathan like this.
    Raised in New Mexico, where the Hell else do you sneak out in the backyard and shoot off an Atom Bomb or three, instead of a firecracker ...

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    1062 times
    The NRA Promised to fight the Hughes Amendment, in my opinion they didnt do SHIT. Do i sound bitter, yes i am.
    Leviathan and Fiorentino like this.
    Raised in New Mexico, where the Hell else do you sneak out in the backyard and shoot off an Atom Bomb or three, instead of a firecracker ...

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    1062 times
    How many remember buying MAC 10s for 200, MP44s for 650, NOS Colt M16A1 rifles for 425
    JoeMomma likes this.

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    1062 times
    I still have a MP40 i paid 225 for in 1984
    Fiorentino likes this.

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    1062 times
    Yes i remember when you could have a Class 3 FFL out of your house for 10 for the FFL and 200 for the SOT

Member #
    Liked
    9793 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jithaca View Post
    How many remember buying MAC 10s for 200, MP44s for 650, NOS Colt M16A1 rifles for 425
    I still have a MP40 i paid 225 for in 1984
    Yes i remember when you could have a Class 3 FFL out of your house for 10 for the FFL and 200 for the SOT
    Point of order, accounting for inflation 2019 dollars: MAC10 $500, MP44 $1,600, M16A1 $1,050, MP40 $561, FFL $25, SOT $500.

Larger cost for FFLs at this point is the ancillary requirements, not the license itself.

For those interested in FOPA and how it came to be (as well as the NRA's involvement with gun control leading up to it), here is a good read: https://guncite.com/journals/hardfopa.html

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors