The AK Forum

Well the NRA seems to be imploding right now.

Thread: Well the NRA seems to be imploding right now.

Tags: None
  1. JoeMomma's Avatar

    JoeMomma said:
    Quote Originally Posted by elmoreoocyte View Post
    I've never, and will never, give to the NRA. They may be a 2A lobbying group, but so are a bunch of the weird right-wing religious fundamental politicians. I can't support you for 2A alone when I know you're up to other nefarious shit.

    I've thought about supporting the GoA since they're focused on 2A and none of the other fundamentalist kowtow shit. Oh, and they're not about to get ass-fucked over their finances.
    I don't believe they are right wing religious nuts, more like a bloated organization. If you want religious nuts, look to the virtue signaling so called "progressive" crowd that actually advocates for separation of the races at certain college events, and discriminates in at least one college (I believe its Yale) if your of Asian decent, while all the while proclaiming to be anti racist and anti Fascist. Add to this social media companies that will ban accounts if you post the Declaration Of Independence because of language in that document, but never bans Antifa groups that regularly start violence and deface/destroy private property.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson
     
  2. Leviathan's Avatar

    Leviathan said:
    Quote Originally Posted by elmoreoocyte View Post
    I've never, and will never, give to the NRA. They may be a 2A lobbying group, but so are a bunch of the weird right-wing religious fundamental politicians. I can't support you for 2A alone when I know you're up to other nefarious shit.

    I've thought about supporting the GoA since they're focused on 2A and none of the other fundamentalist kowtow shit. Oh, and they're not about to get ass-fucked over their finances.
    Im a GOA life member and just joined the firearms policy coalition a couple months back.

    I dont want to get too deep into the NRA thing. I will say though given some of what I have learned about its structure and the people that control it, I have determined its better to watch it burn down so we can build new with something else. People argue with me all day on Instagram that it needs to be saved but when you understand how cancerous it is and how little change will ever come you will see. Their surrendering things that arent theirs to surrender and their selling out generations to come for personal gain. Fucking disgusting to me. I hope Wayne and Chris and Marion and the whole lot lose their ass in the implosion.
     
  3. Leviathan's Avatar

    Leviathan said:
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMomma View Post
    I don't believe they are right wing religious nuts, more like a bloated organization. If you want religious nuts, look to the virtue signaling so called "progressive" crowd that actually advocates for separation of the races at certain college events, and discriminates in at least one college (I believe its Yale) if your of Asian decent, while all the while proclaiming to be anti racist and anti Fascist. Add to this social media companies that will ban accounts if you post the Declaration Of Independence because of language in that document, but never bans Antifa groups that regularly start violence and deface/destroy private property.
    Identitarian politics of all forms on all sides is beyond disgusting. I’m so sick of it. To the progressives you not people your a skin color or a race or some shit that doesn’t matter or really define who you are, unless your one of them.
     
  4. elmoreoocyte's Avatar

    elmoreoocyte said:
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMomma View Post
    I don't believe they are right wing religious nuts, more like a bloated organization. If you want religious nuts, look to the virtue signaling so called "progressive" crowd that actually advocates for separation of the races at certain college events, and discriminates in at least one college (I believe its Yale) if your of Asian decent, while all the while proclaiming to be anti racist and anti Fascist. Add to this social media companies that will ban accounts if you post the Declaration Of Independence because of language in that document, but never bans Antifa groups that regularly start violence and deface/destroy private property.
    Maybe I'm falsly attributing the right wing religious nuts who so closely identify their NRA membership. Like I said, I'm not a member, I just know what I absorb through the members I know.
    "God's away on business."
     
  5. JoeMomma's Avatar

    JoeMomma said:
    I'm a member due to my range requiring me to be so, and I never got the vibe of religious nuts in the NRA, or even at my range. While there are many 2nd Amendment supporters, I've never ran into hard core extremists yet in over a decade.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson
     
  6. elmoreoocyte's Avatar

    elmoreoocyte said:
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMomma View Post
    I'm a member due to my range requiring me to be so, and I never got the vibe of religious nuts in the NRA, or even at my range. While there are many 2nd Amendment supporters, I've never ran into hard core extremists yet in over a decade.
    Move south of the Mason Dixon.
    "God's away on business."
     
  7. Leviathan's Avatar

    Leviathan said:
    Quote Originally Posted by elmoreoocyte View Post
    Move south of the Mason Dixon.
    Tbh I see more fudds in the nra than not. I think that’s a lot of the problem. I’m not from PA but have been up here a decade now. There is a definite group that are what would characterize as fudds. They own ar’s and ak’s and tell you how they make them full auto (I figure it’s just bs to make them look big but that’s between them, their dog and the batfe) by grinding some parts off the trigger and how we need more background checks and some bans because well they have theirs and don’t care if you do. Where I am from in VA was always pretty old school. I never saw a clear line between nutty religious and the nra. Just more of the same kind of idiots I see here. I’m not discounting what your saying, just saying it’s not prevalent there or here.
     
  8. sniper48's Avatar

    sniper48 said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses1986 View Post
    Gun Owners of America, Nuff Said
    I am leaning that way myself. Before this story broke, I sent them 50 bucks. Its the last money I will ever send them until he's gone and they clean house top to bottom.
    When you're the Big Dog, the fleas want to take you down. Fact of life.
    Everyone's beautiful on the inside, until I'm through with them.
     
  9. treyak's Avatar

    treyak said:
    Everyone needs to remember that the media is going to try every chance to turn this and anything else into a scandal, as they hate the NRA and guns. This is "Russian intervention" type media tactics. They want to divide and conquer gun owners. I cannot speak as for any facts about the accusations, but the NRA is and has been for decades the largest lobbying group, and that just pisses liberals off.
     
  10. elmoreoocyte's Avatar

    elmoreoocyte said:
    Quote Originally Posted by treyak View Post
    Everyone needs to remember that the media is going to try every chance to turn this and anything else into a scandal, as they hate the NRA and guns. This is "Russian intervention" type media tactics. They want to divide and conquer gun owners. I cannot speak as for any facts about the accusations, but the NRA is and has been for decades the largest lobbying group, and that just pisses liberals off.
    This isn't some "LAMESTREAMMEDIU DUH" attack on the NRA. I have a friend who paid his own money this weekend and was amazed at the discord and Ollie stepping down. Stop trying to couch this as us vs them.
    "God's away on business."
     
  11. davehal9000's Avatar

    davehal9000 said:
    The "assault weapons ban" back in the '90s was the end of my respect for the NRA. They gave us all up to protect the Fudds and their hunting rifles and shotguns. Glad to see them have the banner's panties in a soiled wad and shoved up their cracks too far for comfort, but will never trust the NRA again after the ban
    Instead of telling each other how bad the situation is why not take 2 minutes of your life and tell our elected officials instead? www.congress.org
     
  12. Hawk45 said:
    Quote Originally Posted by elmoreoocyte View Post
    Move south of the Mason Dixon.
    And just what part of "The Filthy South" is that? And yes being a southerner I take offense as YOUR reference to the south as filthy. I have been in all 50 states and all of the US territories, and some are worse than others, but the south is not filthy. Try around Pittsburg, San Francisco, Chicago, or New York..............

    The current feud in the NRA has NOTHING to do with religion. It is purely about MONEY and POWER and who wields both. This from one that has been a life member since 1974 and was at Cinncinati fighting for the rights of members.
     
  13. MachineGunEddie's Avatar

    MachineGunEddie said:
    Being a Benefactor member (yeah I've given them a lot of money) Wayne LaPierre needs to step down.... how many decades can you be executive vice president....?
    rt ds rt h
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Marketplace Rules
    Forum Rules
     
  14. scottyb's Avatar

    scottyb said:
    Quote Originally Posted by davehal9000 View Post
    The "assault weapons ban" back in the '90s was the end of my respect for the NRA. They gave us all up to protect the Fudds and their hunting rifles and shotguns. Glad to see them have the banner's panties in a soiled wad and shoved up their cracks too far for comfort, but will never trust the NRA again after the ban
    This

    They have repeatedly sold all gun owners out. Money and power, drunk on it.

    The whole group should be forcible removed cuz they aint gonna fall on their own swords.

    ON did the right thing.
    needs moar AK

    or beer

     
  15. btr's Avatar

    btr said:
    I'm glad Ollie is leaving (he was in bed with AcK Mac) but now Wayne needs to leave too.

    They need to get their finances in order.

    I'm going to maintain my membership, because they do a lot of good (helped Trump get elected, for example) despite the financial rubbish at the top.

    I encourage everyone here to do so as well.

    You can't change the NRA if you can't vote in their elections.