You may not be old enough to remember.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: You may not be old enough to remember.

Member #
    Liked
    920 times

You may not be old enough to remember.

There was a time when the only way to have a underfolder is buy this stock. I can remember when 7.62x39 ammo was very hard to get. Also remember going into the hardware store as a kid and seeing all kinds of Mil. surplus bolt action sticking out of a wooden barrel. If we only knew back then. It shoots good with the sights I put on it. Have to bring the front down a little. I can't leave anything stock. Its a sickness! I always wanted one of these as a kid.

001.JPG002.JPG

Member #
    Liked
    464 times
    That’s pretty slick!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1272 times
    Pretty cool... in a Bubba derp-derp kind of way.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    Something for The A Team .
    Andyman likes this.
    "Since the defense of our states and our country contemplates the militia fighting against organized armies of regular soldiers, then the argument of the gun-grabbers that regular citizens don't need assault weapons of the types designed for military use is clearly nonsense." The Liberty Tree

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    891 times
    Does have an A-Team kinda vibe. 10/22 dressed up to mimic an AC-556, kinda neat, I like it. Used to love all the crap you could get for 10/22s when I was a kid. At one time I had a gatling kit for 2 rugger 10/22s that crank fired them, kick myself for ever letting it go.
    WTB
    1960s-1986 Russian Kits | Subgun kits of any kind
    1973 dated kits and guns | AIMR-74-PM MD 86 Barrel
    Polish NSP3 Nr L-90048
    PM me, can pay $ or possibly trade.

Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Very nice condition on that 10-22, hardly ever see these stocks anymore, they were made by Federal Ordnance.

Besides the Mini-14 (not mine) I believe I've seen one on a M1carbine a million years ago.

scottyb likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    803 times
    Hate to say...but I remember.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    10515 times
    When I was in high school, my best friend had an Iver Johnson M1 carbine with an under folder stock like that.
    njkalashnikov likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    I have heard the stories about barrels of bolt guns in hardware stores.

Member #
    Liked
    275 times
    Some of us are old enough and have actually bought guns thru the mail from ads off the backs of magazines and comic books like Sgt Rock. I was about to send the money for a Sothern 20mm thru the mail when the 1968 law ended all the fun. I was lucky enough to have a Grandfather that covered for me and held the guns when they came to his address. Grandmother did ask a few questions when the 1911 and the Luger got there in the same package. Grandfathers only rule was NO machine guns. He said I did have to wait until I was 18 for one of them.

Member #
    Liked
    920 times
    My dad's best friend had a machine gun business. I have been shooting machine guns and playing with cool toys since I was 8 or 9. I used to ride in the back of a pick up sitting on a tool box. They would ride back roads ( rice farm land) with bar ditches on both sides of the road. They would stop pass me a M3 carbine thru the sliding back glass and let me blast turtles on the bank. :P How cool was that?? Scan would throw a parent in prison now for doing that.

The real reason I was there was to pass them beers from the ice chest in the bed of the truck. hahah I know that now.

Member #
    Liked
    497 times
    I'm not that old but damn I wish I was into guns earlier. I had so much disposable income in my early 20s. Pissed away on nothing. This was 2000ish.
    right around the $100 SKS', $35 Mosins at Big 5.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Not old enough to have been able to buy a gun through the mail but old enough to remember the Sears catalogs with real rifles you could order and pick up at the store. Of course, back in those days the only AKs to be seen were on the TV (always in the hands of Communist soldiers or terrorists) and Colt was the only company producing ARs. I'm also old enough to remember going to school where pickup trucks had rifles and shotguns in racks in the rear window, along with all of us carrying lock-blade knives in sheaths on our belts and the teachers never blinking an eye about it. In a few ways in our country, I'd say we have greatly improved. However, overall, I'd say we have been on a steep downhill slide since those days and I don't see the bottom yet.

Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    My first rifle was a 10/22 with a four digit serial number bought at the local Fed Mart in about 1964. It had a cherry wood stock. In our neighborhood, everyone's dad was a WWII vet. The other little guys had long, clunky bolt action .22s with iron sights, because their fathers were convinced that's what they needed to learn to shoot without "wasting ammo". This view was a hold over from their WWII service, when virtually everyone got their initial firearms training on bolt action M1903s or M1917s. M1s were issued only before overseas deployment. My dad added a sling and a locally made Weaver C-4 scope with a tip-off mount to my 10/22. With this rig I got about four jack rabbits to everyone else's one. The ability to deliver an accurate and quick follow up shot was everything. The 10/22s carbine length made it very handy indeed for a kid.
    Avatar is the butt stock marking of a new condition 1941 Portuguese contract K98 Mauser

Member #
    Liked
    920 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snakebite View Post
    That’s pretty slick!
    No this is pretty slick!!!!!!!! I have waited 2 years for this one. Size 12 panties. Yeap, that's Robert's truck. Going in his bug out bag in the truck! :P

012.JPG010.JPG011.JPG

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors