Russia's version of CLP found in soviet bunker from the 1960s? WTF?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Russia's version of CLP found in soviet bunker from the 1960s? WTF?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    215 times

Russia's version of CLP found in soviet bunker from the 1960s? WTF?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ra-bunker.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv5lcQBv8mY

Have you all see this guy's youtube channel? He sneaks into old soviet civilian / military bunkers that I'm guessing are locked in time from the 60s or 70s. Some of them are completely intact, no water damage, complete with uniforms, med kits, gas masks, radiation detectors, working lights and air moving machinery.

does anyone know what this green can with a picture of an ak on it is? it looks like a somewhat modern looking can of aerosol gun cleaner? but that can't be it, right? everything else found inside these bunkers looks like it's 70s at the absolute latest.

he's filmed like 4 or 5 bunkers, his channel is worth checking out, fascinating. he says in his town somewhere in the former ussr alone, there are 200+ bunkers, 50 of which he has found and like 5 he's gotten into. that means there are what, thousands upon thousands of these bunkers throughout the former USSR?

i don't think the us had anywhere near that number of civilian bunkers? and we certainly didn't have them stocked with gas masks?! not that ive ever seen pictures of.

20190319_213813.jpg20190319_213813.jpg
    Sunspot, TRAAK's, Thrasher and 7 others like this.
    WTB: russian dshk kit or built semi DSHK
    WTB rare cool kits: russian, north korean, what have you, pretty much anything greasy old commie, ak, pkm, dshk, maxim, whatever

Member #
    A dark, ruined castle in Transylvania. Otherwise known as Mississippi
    Liked
    311 times
    No telling what is hiding underground over there. Won’t mind digging in one myself.

Member #
    Liked
    7475 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_r123 View Post
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ra-bunker.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv5lcQBv8mY

Have you all see this guy's youtube channel? He sneaks into old soviet civilian / military bunkers that I'm guessing are locked in time from the 60s or 70s. Some of them are completely intact, no water damage, complete with uniforms, med kits, gas masks, radiation detectors, working lights and air moving machinery.

does anyone know what this green can with a picture of an ak on it is? it looks like a somewhat modern looking can of aerosol gun cleaner? but that can't be it, right? everything else found inside these bunkers looks like it's 70s at the absolute latest.

he's filmed like 4 or 5 bunkers, his channel is worth checking out, fascinating. he says in his town somewhere in the former ussr alone, there are 200+ bunkers, 50 of which he has found and like 5 he's gotten into. that means there are what, thousands upon thousands of these bunkers throughout the former USSR?

i don't think the us had anywhere near that number of civilian bunkers? and we certainly didn't have them stocked with gas masks?! not that ive ever seen pictures of.

20190319_213813.jpg20190319_213813.jpg
    That's the container for the emergency inflatable AK!
    Chad, AZAK, Fiorentino and 2 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    10515 times
    I've watched some of that guy's stuff before, and still find it fascinating. Makes you wonder what cool treasures are still packed away waiting to be discovered.
    mike_r123 and Fiorentino like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    215 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMomma View Post
    I've watched some of that guy's stuff before, and still find it fascinating. Makes you wonder what cool treasures are still packed away waiting to be discovered.
    yeah i get the impression that he's found 50, only gotten in to 5. maybe the 5 he got into are the low hanging fruit that have already been picked over, don't have much in them, and the owners don't really care.

what do the "nice" ones he couldn't get into have inside?
    WTB rare cool kits: russian, north korean, what have you, pretty much anything greasy old commie, ak, pkm, dshk, maxim, whatever

Member #
    Liked
    901 times
    wtf? man, that's bad ass! but that's no fly by night shit. that's a multi-million dollar operation. must be government buildings. If I was over there, and could get access to stuff like that, I would be doing it every weekend. I would give about anything to have a nice dry bunker like that to keep all my man shit in.

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Artyom!
    Mullo98 likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    215 times
    Quote Originally Posted by corpsman5 View Post
    wtf? man, that's bad ass! but that's no fly by night shit. that's a multi-million dollar operation. must be government buildings. If I was over there, and could get access to stuff like that, I would be doing it every weekend. I would give about anything to have a nice dry bunker like that to keep all my man shit in.

one of the bunkers he said was underneath a chemical plant, for the workers.
    corpsman5 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    901 times
    all I know, is that The Sportsman's Guide is going to be pissed when they find out someone found their gas mask stash.

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    464 times
    Those are decon kits for rifles
    Walleye, scottyb, Thrasher and 4 others like this.
    Instead of telling each other how bad the situation is why not take 2 minutes of your life and tell our elected officials instead? www.congress.org

Member #
    Liked
    275 times
    Back in the days when I was still running with some OLD FBI guys, they told me the 'Soviets' still had secret stashes all over the US. One was near the old Milan Arsenal in rural Tennessee. During the early 1960 the Soviets even had a consulate there. This during the time the actual town's population was under 10,000.

The Soviets are NOT the only ones that do things like that. I will bet there are still Nazi ones still intact, in Poland, Austria, CZ,...............
    Chad, njkalashnikov and corpsman5 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    257 times
    This is IDP-1.

Google translate:
    Individual degassing package IDP-1 is designed for the degassing of small arms. It consists of a metal cylinder for the formulation and a lid of a polymeric material. The formulation in the cylinder is sealed with a metal membrane. On the body of the cylinder wearing a plastic brush for grinding compounding. In the center of the brush there is a hole in which a punch is inserted, designed to open the balloon membrane and pour out the recipe. To prevent accidental breakthrough of the membrane, a safety cap is installed on the piercer.
    Package weight - 220 g. Formulation volume - 180 ml. Package activation time is 5–10 s.

JoDaBo, scottyb, Thrasher and 5 others like this.
    You can buy my book about secret soviet AKS74U-based grenade launcher "Vitrina": BUY

Member #
    Liked
    409 times
    Since getting the ROKU, been looking at a number of Y.T. vids of guys on scavenger hunts. Most interesting are the relic hunters in Eastern Europe pulling stuff out of rivers & swamps. Did see the vid about the bunker under the chemical plant. Was watching one group of guys whom scuba or snorkel in Columbus (?) Georgia on a major river thru town. Since it is a recreation area, the group has found lots of watches, cell phones, cameras, and half a dozen firearms. Most notably was a decomposing M14 they found near a bridge (I say M14 because there might be a better reason to toss one of those than a legal M1A). Since the weapons get turned over to the police, the town council actually honored the leader of the group for his efforts (his guys also harvest tin cans and other crap off the bottom of the river as well as a public service).
    corpsman5 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    901 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk45 View Post
    Back in the days when I was still running with some OLD FBI guys, they told me the 'Soviets' still had secret stashes all over the US. One was near the old Milan Arsenal in rural Tennessee. During the early 1960 the Soviets even had a consulate there. This during the time the actual town's population was under 10,000.

The Soviets are NOT the only ones that do things like that. I will bet there are still Nazi ones still intact, in Poland, Austria, CZ,...............

it's probably located somewhere in the compound owned by the muslims that have the training camp there.

Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    Back in the late 80's while I was in the Army in West Germany there was a sealed entrance to an underground tunnel system from WWII on base. Folks had gone in and got hurt, so they filled it with concrete. The rumor was it was a tunnel to the next base over about a mile or so and the tunnel system was heavily booby trapped. Bet there is stuff like that all over Europe.
    btr, Averageman and Chad like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors