Russia's version of CLP found in soviet bunker from the 1960s? WTF? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Russia's version of CLP found in soviet bunker from the 1960s? WTF?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11353 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyeagle View Post
    Back in the late 80's while I was in the Army in West Germany there was a sealed entrance to an underground tunnel system from WWII on base. Folks had gone in and got hurt, so they filled it with concrete. The rumor was it was a tunnel to the next base over about a mile or so and the tunnel system was heavily booby trapped. Bet there is stuff like that all over Europe.
    Nuremburg is rumored to have lots of tunnels and underground bunkers. I can tell you that the Iron Mountains still has old military stashes from WWII and even the Cold War.
    Averageman likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyeagle View Post
    Back in the late 80's while I was in the Army in West Germany there was a sealed entrance to an underground tunnel system from WWII on base. Folks had gone in and got hurt, so they filled it with concrete. The rumor was it was a tunnel to the next base over about a mile or so and the tunnel system was heavily booby trapped. Bet there is stuff like that all over Europe.
    Sounds like Schwienfurt.
    We had something similar except it contained bags of decon powder you slapped all over your weapon to decon it with.
    We had a kit that you hooked up to a fire hydrant and the chemicals mixed in a barrel and then sprayed over your tank with hoses.

Member #
    Liked
    2005 times
    I'll be t it's still the same, but everything related to NBC procedures in the 80s gave me nightmares. We'd practice decon with the buckets and the brooms periodically. MOPP suits in the heat. Good times!

I'm not claustrophobic any more than I'd consider normal, but those damn masks...
    btr and scottyb like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    422 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard W. View Post
    I'll be t it's still the same, but everything related to NBC procedures in the 80s gave me nightmares. We'd practice decon with the buckets and the brooms periodically. MOPP suits in the heat. Good times!

I'm not claustrophobic any more than I'd consider normal, but those damn masks...
    We had to do pt in the full NBC kit. I can still taste the Fuller's earth used to decontaminate the water bottle before drinking.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    308 times
    Quote Originally Posted by corpsman5 View Post
    it's probably located somewhere in the compound owned by the muslims that have the training camp there.
    The 'training camp' was in Bedford County on privately owned land. The Mosque/Compound in Rutherford county is on solid rock. Would have to do extensive blasting to bury anything there. The 'cemetery' they requested for there would cover a bunch of blasting though. I find it real interesting the Muslims building a Mosque/Compound right next door to a Nudist Colony though. LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors