MarColMar Cetme L
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: MarColMar Cetme L

Member #
    Liked
    1612 times

MarColMar Cetme L

I picked mine up today. In the coming days, I'll be doing a full writeup comparing it to the HMG offering. As usual, it will have lots of confusing pictures and even more confusing captions. I already have a few thoughts but I'll save them for the writeup. Pictures speak louder than words you know. One thing I will say is that, even though I have only quickly flipped through the manual, the illustrations are quite nice and it appears to be thorough. I'll give it a read through a few times and cover that in the writeup too. I'm very much looking forward to this!

The bits above the rifle are a "warning, this thing can kill you if you are stupid" card, warranty/sign up for LV and LC models lottery card, manual, sample lube bottle and rifle lock.

MarColMar AMG (Army Man Gun) at top and HMG on the bottom:

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3863 times
    Very much hoping it passes muster (since mine arrives this week), and will be looking forward to your write-up. The first difference I notice between the two is the angle of the magazine. The mag position looks like its rotated forward a few degrees on the Marcolmar version; I remember them mentioning the purpose is to improve function with stanag mags.

Most unfortunate there can't be a third rifle - the original, with all of it's flaws - in the comparisons.

Very understandable that you'd want to hold back your initial impressions until the article comes out, but please shoot me a PM if you recommend telling my FFL to refuse to accept the package.
    Last edited by AZAK; 02-05-2019 at 03:44 PM.
    Wilhelm, MPiKM-72 and Fiorentino like this.
    We've got a hell of a lot more in common with the fellow citizens we're being trained to hate than the puppetmasters training us to hate them.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    I can organize and sell your Commbloc weapon/parts/accessory collection
    if you lack the time or desire; send a PM if interested.

Kalashnikov Collectors Association

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    3622 times
    Very excited for this, thanks in advance
    Wilhelm likes this.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"

-Benjamin Franklin

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2919 times
    I live vicariously through your write ups

Member #
    Liked
    1612 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAK View Post
    Very much hoping it passes muster (since mine arrives this week), and will be looking forward to your write-up. The first difference I notice between the two is the angle of the magazine. The mag position looks like its rotated forward a few degrees on the Marcolmar version; I remember them mentioning the purpose is to improve function with stanag mags.

Most unfortunate there can't be a third rifle - the original, with all of it's flaws - in the comparisons.

Very understandable that you'd want to hold back your initial impressions until the article comes out, but please shoot me a PM if you recommend telling my FFL to refuse to accept the package.

I think what you are seeing with the magazine angle is more a difference in magazines rather than any geometry differences between the two rifles. The MCM is shown with an OKAY Industries magazine and the HMG has an original CETME L magazine in place. I haven't held them side by side but I think the two magazines are shaped differently. I hadn't even noticed that until you pointed it out. Thank you!
    AZAK likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1612 times
    Oh, and I really don't think you need to worry about whether or not you should refuse the rifle. I expect this thing to function very well!
    AZAK likes this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3863 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
    Oh, and I really don't think you need to worry about whether or not you should refuse the rifle. I expect this thing to function very well!
    OK, great, appreciate the reassurance!
    Wilhelm likes this.
    We've got a hell of a lot more in common with the fellow citizens we're being trained to hate than the puppetmasters training us to hate them.

Member #
    Liked
    1334 times
    Wilhelm likes this.
    "Cause bitches don't like to be slapped on the cheek. Yugos need real men to shoot them who know how to hold them tight"
    -daefash

"Only a woman's glance strikes harder than an assault rifle."
    -
    Mikhail Kalashnikov

Member #
    Liked
    1037 times
    Looking forward for the write up, thanks
    Wilhelm and sniper48 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    299 times
    I am getting Popcorn ready, Can't wait for the review
    Wilhelm and sniper48 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    6621 times
    If it works well, will Spain reclaim the rifle?

Constantly studying spots welds, mag well dimple shapes, center support rivet heads and selector markings for the last 12 years...

BTW - Keep your BFH away from my AK!

WTB Late East German 7.62 top cover and gas tube numbered 687.

Member #
    Liked
    380 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAK View Post

Ours should be arriving today according to UPS.
    Wilhelm likes this.
    WTB: Russian beavertail AK74 magazine release

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3863 times
    Mine’s rescheduled for tomorrow.
    Wilhelm likes this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11866 times
    Tad for interest. Looking forward to what you guys find out.
    Wilhelm likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    889 times
    I put 80rds of IMI '13 M193 55gr FMJ through my Cetme L today. Ejection was to about 1:00 in to a nice small area. I used three different magazines, a 30rd okay, a 20rd okay and a 20rd CProducts. The 30rd okay and 20rd CProducts ran 100%. The 20rd okay was very tight in the magazine well and the last two cartridges got tangled up and smashed when they were feeding. This particular magazine had one of the regular black followers (not antitilt), so I'm thinking the follower was likely the cause of the problem. Both the 30rd okay and 20rd CProducts have antitilt followers. My rifle has the rail on top, but I was sighting it in using the iron sights. It shot way high. I thought that an AR15 four prong front sight adjustment tool would do the job, but it wouldn't quite fit. If you know where to get one that works, please let me know. The rifle was also shooting pretty far left, so I ended up adjusting the rear sight all the way to the left in order to get it to zero from left to right. The two holes in the rear sight are so large that the ears on either side of the front sight post can be seen when looking through them. This makes precision shooting pretty difficult. I'll have to put some sort of railed optic on it next time I go out. The recoil was pretty light and straight back. I could actually feel and hear the recoil spring. Overall, I'm pretty happy with this rifle except for the holes in the rear sight. My only suggestion is to make sure you use magazines with antitilt followers.
    Wilhelm, JoeMomma and sniper48 like this.
    Rights are inherent. They do not come from another's wallet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors