Cutback on TV. On for the 'Net. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Cutback on TV. On for the 'Net.

Member #
    Liked
    249 times
    The local news would repeat some of the national news. I still do log on the ' Net. Some YouTube as well. It does have a calming affect by leaving the crap out.

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    487 times
    Walking Dead/Fear the Walking Dead are the only two things I watch on TV. That will change when Trek Discovery hits.

Spent years married to a woman whose whole life was watching TV. Every hour from 0800 to 0200, unless she was eating, there was something on she had to be watching instead of spending time with her kids or husband. Made me realize how much of a waste of time it was.
    Instead of telling each other how bad the situation is why not take 2 minutes of your life and tell our elected officials instead? www.congress.org

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I use Gnula apknite watching many things that brought me much emotion, many good things but I don't even stuck with it

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    113 times
    Quote Originally Posted by davehal9000 View Post
    Spent years married to a woman whose whole life was watching TV. Every hour from 0800 to 0200, unless she was eating, there was something on she had to be watching instead of spending time with her kids or husband. Made me realize how much of a waste of time it was.
    Holy shit why did you put a ring on her lol. I don’t understand the point of getting married besides tax breaks. The money for the ring can go to more guns and motorcycles, Why risk loosing all your stuff to some bitch?

I leave my TV on all night when I sleep, just a habit growing up, I would fall asleep easier. Need to get away from it since it’s no longer a little 12in black and white but rather a 55in 4K...old habits are hard to break. Right now it’s playing Star Trek DS9 🤣 My girl can’t let her phone go for more then 5 min or she will stop breathing and convulse. It’s annoying, but I love her....most of the time 😒 I can drop all electronics any day for some time in the woods. Wish she was the same....😒
    Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    202 times
    I havent had cable since 2008. We have Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime. I only watch them for old movies and a few newer shows when I'm in bed. The bulk of entertainment for me comes from looking at guns and politics, and the rabbits hole of youtube.

How much I internet it up really just depends on what I'm doing. If I have shit to tinker with I won't even think about it, and the same if I'm working. Preferably, I'd be lost in 1's and O's, but since my Mac took a shit and I use Logic, I'm pretty much stuck in painful silence.
    Last edited by Pookie; 07-10-2019 at 05:52 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    389 times
    My only real addictions aside from breathing. I love me some TV. I also love the internet but have found I'm not so addicted that I am on my phone endlessly searching the web. I hate researching on my phone and only when necessary, much prefer the computer for the internet. I will say this though I think my addictions are merely out of boredom. I travel for work now and find I'm not really watching TV during that time nor do I miss it. Out of habit though it's one of the first things I do when I get home, turn the TV on. Hmmm, that's an interesting realization.

Member #
    Liked
    1864 times
    No cable.

Netflix, Hulu, Amazon prime for the wife.

I'm just fine with YouTube. Very rarely can I sit and watch something that is not reference material. If I'm not learning something I get antsy.

My entertainment is making things and occasionally playing instruments.
    Want to buy:
    1966 East German AKM kit
    TYPE 1 kit
    North Korean kit
    Serbian M76 sniper vest (M-99 A3)

If I was not on some government watch list, I'd be insulted.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1801 times
    Quote Originally Posted by davehal9000 View Post
    That post legit bummed me out. Sad. My condolences.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11353 times
    TV is getting worse for the most part, and I seldom even watch professional sports anymore. There are still a handful of shows that I watch, but mostly the tube is turned off.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    4787 times
    I have a digital antenna just for the back up commo potential. No cable or Sat since 2010.

I watch the weather channel at work(muted) b/c I need to but programing and the commercials are like nails on a blackboard.
    needs moar AK

or beer

Member #
    Liked
    702 times
    Might have already posted in this old thread, but in my neck of the woods (xfinity/comcast), an Internet only package costs more than a TV/Internet package. And they always offer better rates for new customer. Calling and complaining every 6-12 months to fight for a better rate.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1801 times
    The Mrs was watching a Netflix documentary series on tacos last night that I got into. "The Taco Chronicles." It's basically a film crew bouncing around Mexico and telling the story of what goes into all the different regional styles of tacos, which are NUMEROUS. I actually plan on watching the whole thing. Non-fiction is definitely something I can get into. FWIW I recommend it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2qist_IxZI

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsors