Glock 19--owner experiences? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Glock 19--owner experiences?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stottman View Post
    My issue with something not functioning correctly when it is limp wristed is that it might not function correctly when you need it most. Like when you are bleeding, or don't have time to draw correctly because the guy is right on top of you.
    Again I believe its somewhat exaggerated and I don't think the issue is exclusive to glock. For what its worth I've never had an FTE due to limp wristing..but Im only one person. Ive had my sig fail to lock back after the last round because of either limp wristing or riding the slide, but never an FTE.

Member #
    Liked
    8170 times
    I think people take it personally when limp wristing is concerned. Like their manhood is in question. I'm not saying that's what Stott man is doing but I see it often in stores and the range. Maybe a year ago there was one guy at the store who was all pissed off that his 1911 wasn't working. An employee took the gun and the customer to the range to see the problem. The customer kept getting stove pipes while the employee had no problems. The customer had a limp wrist issue. He acted like someone called him a fairy!

Technically all polymer guns have a greater chance of limp wristing. When I was new to shooting I had a G23 that I couldn't get through a whole mag without a stove pipe. I thought it was a pos gun and sold it. Later, after getting more serious about shooting I learned the correct way to do things and looking back the problem was most likely me limp wristing. Today 99% of my guns are polymer and 2/3 are Glocks. I have no problems shooting any of them

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    I got a G19 right after the Gen 4s came out and it had problems with FTE. Pretty much just took it straight to a training class and 2 or 3 of the instructors shot it and had FTE problems too. After having the recoil spring replaced with 2 or 3 newer versions and a different extractor it runs pretty much 100%. It's still my bedside gun but as far as polymer pistols go I like my M&P and HK better. Glocks are utilitarian to me and I harbor no attachment to it which is what makes it a good defensive pistol for me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    8170 times
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdal View Post
    utilitarian to me and I harbor no attachment to it which is what makes it a good defensive pistol for me.
    Pretty much how I view guns in general

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    380 times
    Haven't shot it enough to really know if there are issues but I just bought a Gen 4 19 to use as a duty pistol in lieu of a Sig 299 in DAK. I am still getting used to all the differences between the pistols, but I shot it fairly well doing some drills then qualifying it to put it on the books without any mechanical problems.

I knew about the Gen 4 issues prior to purchasing, but it has been so long since those were even spoken about that I felt comfortable with the purchase. I think overall, the consistency and reliability of Glock in duty weapons has maintained enough of a positive reputation for me not to give it much thought. It is definitely better suited to carry and conceal, especially in a non uniformed capacity.

Member #
    Liked
    1061 times
    Quote Originally Posted by loki993 View Post
    Again I believe its somewhat exaggerated and I don't think the issue is exclusive to glock. For what its worth I've never had an FTE due to limp wristing..but Im only one person. Ive had my sig fail to lock back after the last round because of either limp wristing or riding the slide, but never an FTE.
    I was sure that glocks dont have these issues. Ive never seen one in the field. watch this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_Uqtz2asE4

You wont see me with anything other than a glock still. Want to know why? Because they still go bang more reliably than all the others, while excessively dirty/muddy/wet, ect.
    WTB:

Russian Type 1 or 2 parts/kit

Member #
    Liked
    449 times
    Gen 3 Glock 19 here! Have had it for years. No issues at all!
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    thanks for all the great information. Gen 3 it will be!

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    I had a gen 3 for about 7-8 years. I did limp wrist it once doing a weak hand drill.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsors