Glock 19--owner experiences? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Glock 19--owner experiences?

Member #
    Liked
    9551 times
    Have a Glock 23 that I bought a few years ago, used. It hasn't given me any major issues but it's always felt very snappy to fire, even with a 9mm conversion barrel. The 9mm barrel does occasionally send brass onto the brim of my hat and I get stovepipes on occasion with the Russian steel case I put through it, but that's about it. I went for a H&K P2000 in lieu of a Glock 19 and much prefer it over the Glock 23.
    Arik likes this.
    "Men who are not free... always idealize their bondage." - Boris Pasternak

Disclaimer: I have been informed that I exist solely as a shill for false flag operations on behalf of not only the United States federal government, but the Illuminati, Majestic 12, Area 51, and Nike. I do not own any firearms (so I've been told) and instead attain self-gratification exclusively with Nerf guns.

ęDaedalus Self-Aware Technologies 2009-2017 P.S. ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!! RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!

Member #
    Liked
    7755 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye View Post
    Have a Glock 23 that I bought a few years ago, used. It hasn't given me any major issues but it's always felt very snappy to fire, even with a 9mm conversion barrel. The 9mm barrel does occasionally send brass onto the brim of my hat and I get stovepipes on occasion with the Russian steel case I put through it, but that's about it. I went for a H&K P2000 in lieu of a Glock 19 and much prefer it over the Glock 23.
    Funny you mention this. I went to the range on Sunday to test out a few new guns and to do a side by side comparison with some of my older ones. I had a free range pass so there was no rush.

I brought HKs and Glocks. 9/40/45.

I never thought the 40 was all that snappy and never understood how people thought it was snappier then the 45.

What I found was......
    G22 vs HK USP 40c. Both felt about the same. Like shooting 9+P. Not much more recoil then the 9. A little slower but not buy much.

HK USP 40c vs HK P2000 40. Not snappy but the P2000 had more felt recoil in my hand. Possibly due to the shape of the grip. The P2000 has a more aggressive palm swell where as the USP has almost no palm swell.

P2000 9mm vs G19. Glock hands down. Soft shooting, very little recoil. Where as the P2000 9mm had more felt recoil then the G22 or the HK USP 40c, even though it was in 9mm.

Glock 21 vs Glock 21 (45acp). Yea I know same thing. One was being tested cause it was new and the other one had sight adjustment. But they both had more recoil then the 40s&w

I was going to bring a Sig 228 as well but I have to get new grips before giving it a fair shot. As of now the OEM grips dig into my thumb.

From my findings.
    -The G19 was the smoothest 9mm
    - 40s&w is not much more snappier then the 9
    - HK P2000 is 9/40 has the,hardest felt recoil
    - 45acp recoil harder than the 40s&w

Ammo used was
    -9mm 124gr Aquila, PPU, ZVX
    -40s&w 180gr Meg tech, Geco
    -45acp PMC

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    9551 times
    I think it has to do with my years of using SIGs as my primary carry gun and having adjusted to the higher bore axis than the Glock. Plus, the bones in my thumb rub in the wrong places on a Glock's tang, due to how short my fingers are.

I will say that the Glock 23 is one of the most accurate pistols I own. But it's just not fun or economical to shoot .40 out of it.

Disclaimer: I have been informed that I exist solely as a shill for false flag operations on behalf of not only the United States federal government, but the Illuminati, Majestic 12, Area 51, and Nike. I do not own any firearms (so I've been told) and instead attain self-gratification exclusively with Nerf guns.

ęDaedalus Self-Aware Technologies 2009-2017 P.S. ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!! RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    7755 times
    I'm thinking I'm going to sell both the P2000s and get something else

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    16779 times
    I...can't type apparently. -.-

what I just corrected TWICE now was... I've been looking for a reasonably priced G23 for many years now. I had a G22 before and found that it had waaaay too much muzzle flip for my tastes.. yet at a bowling pin shoot, someone lent me their G23 and I cleared the table of pins easy as you please, and I"m a terrible shot.

Though I have been playing with the idea of maybe getting a 10mm in some flavor, the ones I've seen so far have been out of my price range...and I'm not sure the Glock is going to fit the bill there. The more expensive the ammo, the more accurate I want the gun that shoots it to be.
    "There really is something broken between your ears. You know this, yes?" - Redbear

Closed captioned for the drinking impaired. Wait...

Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    Quote Originally Posted by twobyfour View Post
    Had a 19, sold it to buy a 17. The 17 fits my hand better.
    Did the same. Had a 19, went to full size G34 because of that grip hump sitting lower.

OP, replace the stock sights that come with the 19. I suggest Dawson, Trijicon, or XS.
    FJ Cruisin'

Member #
    Liked
    276 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GipsyDanger View Post
    Did the same. Had a 19, went to full size G34 because of that grip hump sitting lower.

OP, replace the stock sights that come with the 19. I suggest Dawson, Trijicon, or XS.
    "Grip force" beavertail thingy....fixes this in 5 minutes...
    This space for rent

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I am currently carrying a gen4 G19 off duty. You know, man, the Internet can be a dangerous place. The general rule being that the web is a storage place for complaints and amateur expertise. When I was in the market to buy this gun, I too was looking for a generation 3, but in the end, due to availability and a great blue label price, went with the gen4. Yeah the texture may not be right for some, it is aggressive. But I do appreciate the back strap option, and it doesn't fail to make noise every time I pull the trigger, even with wolf and tula. I only ask two things from a carry gun; go bang when I tell you to, and don't come with an external safety. IMO if you like the feel and you buy one in the store new, you're not going to have any complaints. I'm not a fanboy...infact my other carry gun is a Makarov, but if it works it works. And? Right now they seem to work.
    Arik likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    9551 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 10Gauge View Post
    I...can't type apparently. -.-

what I just corrected TWICE now was... I've been looking for a reasonably priced G23 for many years now. I had a G22 before and found that it had waaaay too much muzzle flip for my tastes.. yet at a bowling pin shoot, someone lent me their G23 and I cleared the table of pins easy as you please, and I"m a terrible shot.

Though I have been playing with the idea of maybe getting a 10mm in some flavor, the ones I've seen so far have been out of my price range...and I'm not sure the Glock is going to fit the bill there. The more expensive the ammo, the more accurate I want the gun that shoots it to be.
    Used G23s and LE trade ins usually come in batches. AIM surplus had some not that long ago.

Member #
    Liked
    231 times
    Have a gen3 G19 for carry. No issues. It's cheaper vs a gen4.

Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Have an ex-LEO G23 Gen 3, mostly shoot it with 9mm conversion barrel. No issues at all. Like the stock trigger better than my stock XD trigger, although I am more accurate with XD.
    PM me your requests for AK optics - Obzor, Rakurs, Kashtan, UPO-1, PO3.5x21, etc.

https://www.theakforum.net/forums/86-...an-rakurs.html

Member #
    Liked
    520 times
    Ive got a 17, 19, and 26. All Gen 3s. I like the 19 best. I shoot the best with it, perfect size.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    You need to think the philosophy of use through. Are you the one shot to stop a aggressor person or a shootout with a mass killer to save lives person. Any gun is better than no gun. The ability to borrow mags is important to me. Hope none of this ever happens.

EDIT- My last thought on this is a small pistol feels small in a bad situation. With a Glock 19 you can put 2 to the chest and 1 to the head (body armor) and still have 12 rounds left. ...and get the Gen 4, use the beavertail grip, shoot better

Last edited by SunRiverMan; 06-07-2016 at 05:24 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by steelfed View Post
    i am thinking about purchasing a gen 4 glock 19. on the surface they have the glock reputation for reliability but under the surface in pistol forums i'm reading that if you purchase one to make sure it has the later production run updated springs and extractor and that some owners percieve them to be sensitive to limp wristing and underpowered ammo due to their lightweight polymer frames(my polymer framed ruger p95 has always been gtg, so i dont put much stock into this).
    any of you guys own a glock 19? any problems with it? is there any advantage a gen 3 has over a gen 4 other than being $50 less expensive?
    just do it....seriously.....a glock you never have to worry about.

I think the issues with the gen 4s may have been a bit overblown and I'm pretty sure they have been resolved by now. remember it's the internet....take things with a grain of salt, the complainers are always louder then they people that are happy.

I have a gen 4 26 and my brother has a gen 4 19..neither has had an issue.

Glocks have always been susceptible to limp wristing..so gen 3 vs gen 4 no difference there. Either way thats a training issue...it can be corrected.

Gen 3 doesn't have any advantages...actually just the opposite..unless you don't like the rougher texture. 50 extra for the gen 4 gets you dual recoil springs, not a big deal with a 9mm but still, adjustable backstraps, and an extra mag...that's pretty much the 50 bucks right there.

Seriously Id never worry about buying a glock....theyre pretty much like AKs they will work pretty much regardless of what you do to them.

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    1933 times
    Quote Originally Posted by loki993 View Post
    just do it....seriously.....a glock you never have to worry about.

I think the issues with the gen 4s may have been a bit overblown and I'm pretty sure they have been resolved by now. remember it's the internet....take things with a grain of salt, the complainers are always louder then they people that are happy.

I have a gen 4 26 and my brother has a gen 4 19..neither has had an issue.

Glocks have always been susceptible to limp wristing..so gen 3 vs gen 4 no difference there. Either way thats a training issue...it can be corrected.

Gen 3 doesn't have any advantages...actually just the opposite..unless you don't like the rougher texture. 50 extra for the gen 4 gets you dual recoil springs, not a big deal with a 9mm but still, adjustable backstraps, and an extra mag...that's pretty much the 50 bucks right there.

Seriously Id never worry about buying a glock....theyre pretty much like AKs they will work pretty much regardless of what you do to them.
    My issue with something not functioning correctly when it is limp wristed is that it might not function correctly when you need it most. Like when you are bleeding, or don't have time to draw correctly because the guy is right on top of you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsors