Anyone else building the Polymer 80 Glock pistol ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Anyone else building the Polymer 80 Glock pistol ?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8459 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDER69 View Post
    HAHA ! I have a 47 Knuckle also....Hey, are we neighbors !? Nah, I not 75 but I feel like it sometimes..
    Yeah, it sucks getting older doesn't it!

My neighbor is a old biker. Some of his old stories are cool to listen to. Other are a little far fetched.

Unless you had a "mac10 machine gun with a brass catcher and a rifling remover" then it's doubtfull that we are neighbors! Wouldn't be too bad though if we were! We could build some cool stuff!
    RAIDER69 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    8202 times
    Didn't even know this was a thing.

For the 228 try getting a hold of Phoenix Distributors in Feasterville Pa. They were selling tons of Sig 228 slides and parts as rebuild kits. These came from NJSP. By NJ law the gun had to be destroyed (which is just cutting up the frame). When I did see them I think they were priced around $150

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    RAIDER69 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Didn't even know this was a thing.

For the 228 try getting a hold of Phoenix Distributors in Feasterville Pa. They were selling tons of Sig 228 slides and parts as rebuild kits. These came from NJSP. By NJ law the gun had to be destroyed (which is just cutting up the frame). When I did see them I think they were priced around $150

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the info, I`ll keep an eye out..
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

If you want peace, prepare for war

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 22many View Post
    Yeah, it sucks getting older doesn't it!

My neighbor is a old biker. Some of his old stories are cool to listen to. Other are a little far fetched.

Unless you had a "mac10 machine gun with a brass catcher and a rifling remover" then it's doubtfull that we are neighbors! Wouldn't be too bad though if we were! We could build some cool stuff!
    No but I did have a Mac11...won`t even touch on that story. LOL I bet we would make some cool stuff...

Member #
    Liked
    2324 times
    don't forget glocks have a special polymer that's tough as can be. that kinda makes it a glock. if 80% polymer glocks crack in the lower near inserts don't be caught off guard. glocks can be had cheap. lowers too. I might have to part one of mine out after hearing this instead of trading it off. I had no idea this was going on. glock parts kits do sell high on gunbroker I noticed. uppers too. amazing.

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I wanted to build an 80 Glock but they dont have one one in a 20/21 frame for a 10mm build.

Ive always wanted to build one, Ive owned about 13 different Glocks so far, but I want to avoid the "tacticool" vendors and the GB price gougers.

Doing a poly one is probably much cleaner than milling out an 80% alum lower, keep us updated; people swear Glocks are horrible but you will not find a more versatle pistol.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Quote Originally Posted by COMM BLOC View Post
    don't forget glocks have a special polymer that's tough as can be. that kinda makes it a glock. if 80% polymer glocks crack in the lower near inserts don't be caught off guard. glocks can be had cheap. lowers too. I might have to part one of mine out after hearing this instead of trading it off. I had no idea this was going on. glock parts kits do sell high on gunbroker I noticed. uppers too. amazing.
    I was thinking about how strong this polymer might be before I bought it and truthfully I was a little worried until it came in the mail. This frame is tough ! The company has a pretty good reputation for their AR lowers and while there is some issues with the buffer tube area breaking it`a A LOT less then you would expect. Search around a little, there are no big threads about polymer ARs breaking. Sure some people have made a big stink but I bet those same people improperly assembled their rifles. Is it as strong as a Glock ? Only time will tell. These frames are designed just like the Lone Wolf frames and I don`t hear about any issues with them...I`ll keep ya posted.

P.S. AND THE BEST PART IS THE FRAME IS GUARANTEED FOR LIFE AGAINST BREAKING !!!
    Last edited by RAIDER69; 05-18-2016 at 07:04 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dualityofman View Post
    I wanted to build an 80 Glock but they dont have one one in a 20/21 frame for a 10mm build.

Ive always wanted to build one, Ive owned about 13 different Glocks so far, but I want to avoid the "tacticool" vendors and the GB price gougers.

Doing a poly one is probably much cleaner than milling out an 80% alum lower, keep us updated; people swear Glocks are horrible but you will not find a more versatle pistol.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    So far I have $450 tied up in this and that`s without a trigger. If I went with a stock trigger I could do it all for @$500 but that what`s nice about this. As I`m building it I can upgrade. I`m going with a Skimmer trigger which makes it a lot like a 1911 trigger and I love my 1911 triggers. All said and done I`ll have about $600 in a custom pistol..My new OEM Glock17 complete upper came in today..

20160518_174734[1].jpg
    Last edited by RAIDER69; 05-18-2016 at 05:20 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    OK, finished up the frame last night. Came out pretty nice and was super easy to do. Just need to drill a couple holes and install the trigger and pins. The slide to frame fit is spot on. Uses a proprietary locking block/metal slide rail combo. Neat setup. The rest of the parts should be in this upcoming week and I`ll be at the range next weekend. If it all works out the way I hope it will I`ll be ordering another frame for my .40 slide. It does run on polymer rear rails but they are more of a guide and don`t get any real pressure on them so they should hold up nice. I know a few other companies that use the same design and have zero issues. If the rear rail do start to wear I have a idea to make metal rear rails. I might just try it anyhow on a test frame. For those interested I`ll keep you all posted. Also I need to work the polymer frame a little. I`m getting Glock knuckle and I have`t even shot it yet ! I have to lighten all the sharp edges and round them off. I also want to round off and shorten the beavertail just a little. I don`t like the blocky edges of the frame.

Same frame with both slides installed...20160521_144551[1].jpg20160521_144746[1].jpgA couple of my 1911s I`v built. Both .45, still have to KG Gunkote them20160428_193542.jpg 2 2011 widebody frames and a bobtail commander frame i`m working on. 1 will be a .45 and the other in 10mm20160504_192755.jpg
    Last edited by RAIDER69; 05-21-2016 at 02:03 PM.
    swizz and qbertquartz2 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Those look great! These might be collectible after the elections and no longer available so I picked one of each.
    I want to add a 2011 to. One of the sig jigs is supposed to work on all of them which is cool. The only one I have all the parts for is the sig since I bought them with the 80 and it was not that expensive.

Here's my current HD. Pic is from my first track day. It was a lot of fun.
    RAIDER69 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Quote Originally Posted by qbertquartz2 View Post
    Those look great! These might be collectible after the elections and no longer available so I picked one of each.
    I want to add a 2011 to. One of the sig jigs is supposed to work on all of them which is cool. The only one I have all the parts for is the sig since I bought them with the 80 and it was not that expensive.

Here's my current HD. Pic is from my first track day. It was a lot of fun.
    First off, I F`n love Buells ! I also picked up the Sig 80% frame and kit from Matrix. Can`t wait to start them also..The long Sig rail cutter will work on the Sigs,1911s and 2011s. You just need the 1911 car for cutting their rails. Hey, keep me up to date with your builds. I`d like to see how they come out !
    Last edited by RAIDER69; 05-24-2016 at 09:43 PM.

Super Moderator Retired

Member #
    Liked
    2187 times
    Grip looks interesting...Me I'm holding out for a Glock 7 with the ceramic frame.
    I'm Your Huckleberry

Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDER69 View Post
    First off, I F`n love Buells ! I also picked up the Sig 80% frame and kit from Matrix. Can`t wait to start them also..The long Sig rail cutter will work on the Sigs,1911s and 2011s. You just need the 1911 car for cutting their rails. Hey, keep me up to date with your builds. I`d like to see how they come out !
    Probably gonna be a while don't have any jigs. Thinking of buying another spectre, wonder if they'll be making other versions.

It's my poormans hellcat.
    Found my belt looking like this yesterday. Going to get the belt replaced tomorrow.
    Depending on what it needs I was thinking of a chain conversion.
    I've been thinking about getting a UJM or hayabusa for commuting.
    The new africa twin looks pretty cool. That's the only new bike I kinda want to try.
    Gonna keep this bike because it's a lot of fun. I bought it for $3k. When I first rode it, I was scared that's a sign it is a fun bike.
    Last edited by qbertquartz2; 05-25-2016 at 03:34 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Heads up if interested..
    20% off with their memorial day coupon p80memday2016

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors