Just an FYI...looks like M855 ammo is going the way of 7N6... - Page 27
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27
Like Tree366Likes

Thread: Just an FYI...looks like M855 ammo is going the way of 7N6...

Member #
    Liked
    212 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasteland Warrior View Post
    Meanwhile, the politicians mourn their defeat once again while cowering behind the armed guards they hire for themselves, and at the same time not wanting their subjects, er, I mean, "citizens," to have the same for themselves.

And if that Supreme Court decision is any indication, no one is on our side anymore. This decision will be used as a hammer to crush political dissent in the so-called "Land of the Free."

Don't laugh. They will have their revenge yet.
    And the Sad part is the politician's armed guards are using weapons and ammo that 99.9% of us Average Joe's will never get to to touch. Hence class 3.

Member #
    Liked
    749 times
    OK. Now, let's show just a little patience and let the market get prices back to normal. And those who bought at .60, .75, $1/round, hoping to sell for even more, now you better start hoarding tissues for your tears.

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    OK. Now, let's show just a little patience and let the market get prices back to normal. And those who bought at .60, .75, $1/round, hoping to sell for even more, now you better start hoarding tissues for your tears.
    This post brings me to tears. Tears of laughter, that is.

Seriously though, panic buyers and price gougers SUCK! That goes for anything you can buy or sell, not just ammunition.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. - George Orwell

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    554 times
    I think the announcement by B. Todd Jones today that he's resigning from the ATF is at a minimum one of the positive outcomes of this whole bullet ban fiasco. It's too bad 7N6 had to be the sacrificial lamb. Had the gun community rallied around 7N6 like they did M855, all of this might have happened a lot sooner.
    Bondmen, JoeMomma and recon like this.
    01 FFL, Gunsmith, and Prop Maker
    NRA Life Member - Benefactor
    GOA Life Member
    NSSF Member
    VCDL Member

Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Quote Originally Posted by philippes View Post
    I think the announcement by B. Todd Jones today that he's resigning from the ATF is at a minimum one of the positive outcomes of this whole bullet ban fiasco.
    I wouldn't start celebrating.
    The new acting director was head of BATFE's Phoenix field office. He was in charge of the initial cover up of Fast & Furious.
    TRAAK's and koldwarkid like this.
    Practical not "tactical"

Member #
    Liked
    52378 times
    A bill has been introduced to eliminate all rifle ammo that would penetrate body armor. Many Congressmen are watching all of this very closely and will continue to kill any legislation
    that will eliminate any rifle ammo, or so it is being said. This fight is just getting started.
    Last edited by TRAAK's; 03-21-2015 at 09:34 AM. Reason: eta
    pics / vid required for validation

Member #
    Liked
    759 times
    If the M855 ban was repealed, the same logic should get 7n6 and surplus 7.62x39 back on the market. Obviously, the key word is logic there.

I feel like there has to be something we can do to get those 2 rounds back!

Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ak74dude View Post
    If the M855 ban was repealed, the same logic should get 7n6 and surplus 7.62x39 back on the market.
    Nothing was repealed.
    M855 is still classified as "armor piercing ammunition". It has an exemption which was granted in 1986.
    BATFE abandoned the proposed "framework" for making decisions concerning whether exemptions should be granted or withheld (and removed) for bullets which are "armor piercing ammunition".
    BATFE could end the M855 exemption on Monday.
    Practical not "tactical"

Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ak74dude View Post
    If the M855 ban was repealed, the same logic should get 7n6 and surplus 7.62x39 back on the market. Obviously, the key word is logic there.

I feel like there has to be something we can do to get those 2 rounds back!
    Putin's little adventures will always make 7N6 a different animal from M855, and very few people except the Russians and their lackeys will ever have an incentive to manufacture any of the 7N-type rounds in quantity. The best we can hope for is that the Ukranians will set up manufacturing plants for it in the west of their country and then start switching to 5.56x45.
    Last edited by Il Cattivo; 03-21-2015 at 11:08 AM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    554 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Cattivo View Post
    Putin's little adventures will always make 7N6 a different animal from M855, and very few people except the Russians and their lackeys will ever have an incentive to manufacture any of the 7N-type rounds in quantity. The best we can hope for is that the Ukranians will set up manufacturing plants for it in the west of their country and then start switching to 5.56x45.
    I think most of the 7N6 that was most recently imported before the ban came from Ukraine. It could be argued that once again opening up the market for 7N6 would allow the Ukrainians to get some hard US currency back into their country, of which they're currently in very short supply.

For example, based on their existing financial situation, the IMF is going to lend the country $17.5 billion over the next four years, but Ukraine is going to have to soft default on about $20 billion in order to make the numbers work.

I can't see how "de-banning" 7N6 wouldn't be a win-win for the US and Ukraine. It wouldn't be a lot of money for them, but every little bit helps.
    01 FFL, Gunsmith, and Prop Maker
    NRA Life Member - Benefactor
    GOA Life Member
    NSSF Member
    VCDL Member

Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    I could be wrong, but I wrote what I did based on my understanding that the plants and most of the caches of surplus ammo are in the areas that aren't within Kiev's control. I'm all for imports from Ukraine.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors