9mm ak - Page 11
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: 9mm ak

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    192 times
    Have not heard anything since he said he would send me a regund around the end of October 2015, and then ghosted.

Looked into taking legal action but the expense of doing so would outweigh the money recovered.

Debating giving the local police or sherrif a call to at least rattle his cage. I know of several people who got burned, one of the more recent customers who got on him about the ling lead time of the guns received a package- a pile of parts with no receiver.

If anyone is owed parts, guns, or money contact me at [email protected] and i will get a list of people together and contact the local law enforcemebt. If they know a half dozen people got burned they might have a talk with him.

Sven
    Manticore Arms

Member #
    Liked
    5293 times
    I very much hope this works out for all involved
    Then
    Id sure like to build one

OP ... M1 ??????????????

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8372 times
    Dam...not another builder gone with people's cash....

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Unfortunately these Volk 9's turned out to be a real cluster fuck Sorry to hear about your situation Dawg. If the person that received just parts and no receiver is looking to get rid of said parts please IM me as I am in need of a rear sight base.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    192 times
    I don't think there is any "working out" for the parties involved anymore.

No one has contacted me about also getting burned so I don't really have any ammunition for the local LEO. If you got burned, email me at [email protected] with the details and your contact info and I will contact the local LEO in Curtis' (Volk Armament) area to at least let them know.
    "I pledge allegiance to the ideal left us by men wiser than I, having the forethought to gift their children with the power of being free."

Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    I had made a purchase from MI for some custom work years ago. I had to hound him for a few months to finally get my parts sent out, but I did ultimately receive what I ordered.
    "They are not matching kits but then who can read Arabic writing anyway." -APEX

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I know this is an older thread, but what the hell happened, did he ship the guns/kits out?
    I'ld like to get 1 of his mp5 ak mag wells.
    Certified GunSmith Been here a while

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    192 times
    He never shipped shit. I got ripped off for $1200, and there was no reasonable way to take legal action that would cost less than that sum.

I know of at least one, possibly up to three other guys who got burned. From what I have heard he basically took the funds, used them to build a couple of guns for him and his friends, and then claimed he got screwed by a supplier who didn't come through with parts, and then ghosted.

Sven
    "I pledge allegiance to the ideal left us by men wiser than I, having the forethought to gift their children with the power of being free."

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg180 View Post
    He never shipped shit. I got ripped off for $1200, and there was no reasonable way to take legal action that would cost less than that sum.

I know of at least one, possibly up to three other guys who got burned. From what I have heard he basically took the funds, used them to build a couple of guns for him and his friends, and then claimed he got screwed by a supplier who didn't come through with parts, and then ghosted.

Sven
    Wow, that sucks, I'm sorry to hear that.
    well I guess there is an opening for someone to make these parts again.
    Certified GunSmith Been here a while

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    I received my parts from him. I sent him Bulgy '74 parts and some amount of money and he sent me a front trunnion, bolt/carrier, mag well, Vityaz barrel pin and populated barrel. The bolt/carrier was a piece of junk. Welds broke all over it after less than 100 rounds. After a few hours modifying it it worked flawlessly.
    Long story short, I ended up finding real pp-19-01 Vityaz kits (sans the bolt and barrel of course). So I pulled mine apart. I may have some parts (Front Trunnion, CR type FSB, barrel pin) available shortly if anyone is interested.

Member #
    Liked
    5293 times
    Funny this thread comes back up now

Yesterday I found this Kalashnicohn LLC on Insagram

Whoever this is it looks like they have the 9mm AK dialed in ...... iv not contacted them or know anymore than photos and videos iv seen.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Scammer Alert: Curtis Morris, Volk Armament, Username "MI"

Mods, please let me know if this isn't the right forum for this. I'm just trying to get the word out.

This may be old news to many here, sorry for the repetition if that's the case. This post is mainly for those who search up his name or company in an attempt to see if he's legit or not.

Long story short, he was advertising a 9mm AK build, delivered a few to members on another AK forum, then flaked on a whole bunch of people- myself included. I gave him every opportunity to make it right, but now it's been 13 months that he's had my $1250 and 4 months since I've heard a single word from him, so I'm making good on my promise to put his name on blast for everyone to know.

Here's the thread with the other folks who got screwed by him, page 8-9 is where everything starts going bad. Volk 9mm - Page 11 - The AK Files Forums

Keywords: Curtis Morris, Volk Armament

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I used to own my own business, and my theory is when you take other people's money you better stay in contact til the job is done! If this is too much for you than maybe you shouldn't being running your own business.

I've never been in the gun business before but I read a lot of stuff like this and I also have another theory. If a gunmaker can't afford to build the gun first then collect the money before shipment I see 2 things wrong.

1. He might take your money and finish a previous customers build then put yours off til the next guy gives him money, which is what I believe happens most of time I read one of these posts. This happens all the time in the contractor/remodeling/construction business. Always robbing Peter to pay Paul. The problem here is we're not talking $12,000 to remodel a kitchen then get stiffed and go to court, we're talking around $2000 to build a gun and if he doesn't have the money to front the project then he shouldn't be trusted anyways.

2. If he doesn't have enough faith in his product to say " If this guy stiffs me I'm confident I can sell the gun to someone else" then to me that's a red flag that your paying too much.

I know a lot of time and effort goes into making custom guns but it's not life altering money, like let's say building a hotrod or a home then getting stiffed. We're having a huge problem in Indiana right now with these same issues in the "gunsmith" and taxidermy world. Lots of guys robbing Peter to pay Paul because of alcohol,drugs, or just pain carelessness with managing their personal finances either way you don't want to give these kind of people your money. There's a reason it's sink or swim in the small business world, you can either manage your shit or you can't!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Sponsors