A few gun IDs...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Senior Member

    Member #
    104
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    They won't tell me.
    Posts
    11,437
    Liked
    1 times

    A few gun IDs...

    I got the Flu and a fever of 102, so I'm stuck in house for a while.


    Watched Behind Enemy Lines and noticed a lot more than I did before... hey, that CZ-52 wasn't cocked!!

    But in paying attention, what were the guns the sniper against Barnett had? A Hi Power of some sort, a Beretta 92 taken from the pilot... and what was his rifle?

    Any other good movies I can watch while doing absolutely nothing?



    I want to forget mistakes they've helped me make;
    Its better to be broken, then to break...

  2. #2
    Senior Member

    Re: A few gun IDs...

    DELETED

  3. #3
    Senior Member

    Member #
    272
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    1,176
    Liked
    7 times

    Re: A few gun IDs...

    Quote Originally Posted by Q-gunner2
    and what was his rifle?
    SIG SSG-3000.

    http://www.securityarms.com/20010315...s/0300/306.htm
    -Shooter
    Certified AR-15/M-16 and Glock Armorer

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member

    Member #
    394
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Livenomore, Ca
    Posts
    2,629
    Liked
    23 times
    Full Metal Jacket, Platoon, Windtalkers, Pitch Black, The Chronicles of riddick, Apocalypse now, Jarhead, and (one of my favorites) Lord of War
    Can you dig it?
    #403

  6. #5
    Senior Member

    Member #
    104
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    They won't tell me.
    Posts
    11,437
    Liked
    1 times

    Re: A few gun IDs...

    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter521
    Quote Originally Posted by Q-gunner2
    and what was his rifle?
    SIG SSG-3000.

    http://www.securityarms.com/20010315...s/0300/306.htm
    What caliber? .338?


    Was it "Hollywood Liscense" that made the gun in the movie free of a vented stock/ front and rear sight?

    Seen Lord of War, Windtalkers, and FMJ repeatedly. Same with Transporter, I'll look in the other ones. Which are heavy on the war scenes?



    I want to forget mistakes they've helped me make;
    Its better to be broken, then to break...

  7. #6
    Senior Member

    Member #
    3323
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    227
    Liked
    0 times
    Jarhead
    REDDAWN
    Sleepless in seattle

















    :lol: :lol:
    J/k about sleepless

    TAZ

  8. #7
    Senior Member

    Member #
    394
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Livenomore, Ca
    Posts
    2,629
    Liked
    23 times
    Oh, and I forgot Enemy at the Gates. Kickass movie right there.
    Can you dig it?
    #403

  9. #8
    Senior Member

    Member #
    1643
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,033
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AKLover_91
    Full Metal Jacket, Platoon, Windtalkers, Pitch Black, The Chronicles of riddick, Apocalypse now, Jarhead, and (one of my favorites) Lord of War
    You didn't think that was really anti-gun?

    If you want a war movie, don't forget The Longest Day. It's got everyone from John Wayne to Sean Connerie in it - a true all-star cast. Great movie and supposedly historically accurate. (It's about D-Day.)

    And Heartbreak Ridge might be another good option. I've never seen the whole thing, but I'm about to. I have to see the famous line about the AK's distinctive sound.

  10. #9
    Senior Member

    Member #
    602
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,800
    Liked
    28 times
    Fighting Seabees with John Wayne. Bet you havent seen that?
    "The Rivet Bastard"... Coming to a theater near you.

  11. #10
    Senior Member

    Member #
    3228
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    2,037
    Liked
    2 times

    Re: A few gun IDs...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter122
    Quote Originally Posted by Q-gunner2
    I got the Flu and a fever of 102, so I'm stuck in house for a while.


    Watched Behind Enemy Lines and noticed a lot more than I did before... hey, that CZ-52 wasn't cocked!!

    But in paying attention, what were the guns the sniper against Barnett had? A Hi Power of some sort, a Beretta 92 taken from the pilot... and what was his rifle?

    Any other good movies I can watch while doing absolutely nothing?
    Boondock Saints, Three Kings, Man on Fire, Resident Evil series, The Transporter (1 and 2)
    +1 for "the transporter" (I too crave Al' Dente) #1 underrated japanese movie series!
    What is the essence of America? Finding and maintaining that perfect balance between freedom "to" and freedom "from." ~Marilyn vos Savant

  12. #11
    Senior Member

    Member #
    394
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Livenomore, Ca
    Posts
    2,629
    Liked
    23 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskrat
    Quote Originally Posted by AKLover_91
    Full Metal Jacket, Platoon, Windtalkers, Pitch Black, The Chronicles of riddick, Apocalypse now, Jarhead, and (one of my favorites) Lord of War
    You didn't think that was really anti-gun?

    If you want a war movie, don't forget The Longest Day. It's got everyone from John Wayne to Sean Connerie in it - a true all-star cast. Great movie and supposedly historically accurate. (It's about D-Day.)

    And Heartbreak Ridge might be another good option. I've never seen the whole thing, but I'm about to. I have to see the famous line about the AK's distinctive sound.
    Alot of the political message was antigun, but I didn't see it for the politics. I went to see a movie about an arms dealer, and enjoyed the entertainment I got from it.
    Can you dig it?
    #403

  13. #12
    Super Duper Moderator
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    1734
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Just south of KC
    Posts
    12,236
    Liked
    382 times
    the way I saw it was he was kind of representing us (you and me) against everybody else (anti gunners)
    rt ds rt h
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Marketplace Rules
    Forum Rules

  14. #13
    Senior Member

    Member #
    394
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Livenomore, Ca
    Posts
    2,629
    Liked
    23 times
    Quote Originally Posted by machineguneddie
    the way I saw it was he was kind of representing us (you and me) against everybody else (anti gunners)
    Thats actually closer to what I get from it when I watch it; the message that people are jacked up and it's not the guns that cause it.
    Can you dig it?
    #403

  15. #14
    Technical Advisors

    Member #
    11
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    14,916
    Liked
    28 times

    Re: A few gun IDs...

    Quote Originally Posted by Q-gunner2
    Any other good movies I can watch while doing absolutely nothing?
    Dr. Strangelove
    Band of Brothers
    Raiders of the Lost Ark
    The Wild Geese
    Heat



    http://colonialshooting.com/

    You can reach me directly at templarm4carbine at gmail.com

    TheAKForum Site Staff, Retired

  16. #15
    Senior Member
    DELETED

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.